Logos/uniforms you would bring back

kajeet

I love the "ornate" lettering the Buccos use now for their scripts and numbers (use it for NOBs, too!), but I'd love to see that old loopy Pittsburgh script re-incorporated in some ancillary fashion. Dugout jackets, perhaps?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the "ornate" lettering the Buccos use now for their scripts and numbers (use it for NOBs, too!), but I'd love to see that old loopy Pittsburgh script re-incorporated in some ancillary fashion. Dugout jackets, perhaps?

Dugout jackets or even BP jerseys.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My view on name fonts - standard block is the way to go most of the time. However, if the team has single color names, serif-block fonts look nice (like the 49ers). I prefer block font even with custom numbers, as I think custom number and name together look "too much". However, I really like rounded fonts when paired with standard numbers, as is the case with the Saints and the Canadiens.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The matching late-1930s "Pirates" script was nice as well. I'd love to see them wear it as a throwback.

221120465_89a4fc529e.jpg

I'll never understand why teams like Boston and Atlanta water down their set with unnecessary and frankly poor-looking coloured alts instead of sporting throwbacks (Atlanta's halfway there, at least).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I don't get it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Check the left side, third one down. That's the maritime signal flag designated for C.

ICS-flags.png

I knew there was a reason that uniform looked so fitting. It always had a sort of nautical look to it for me, but I could never figure out why. Thanks for sharing, I love it even more than I already did now.

As far as the "cheap" label goes, I'd say what followed it looked cheaper - that set looked like Wal-Mart replicas.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived