Most unfairly hated logos and uniforms

Ark

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without a doubt, this

890.gif

a different team, a different history, maybe on a better jersey, that's a great logo. It's the only one to actually depict an "islander", and did so pretty well. But, with a conservative-looking team with a very effective very beloved logo that won four consecutive cups, it just didn't fly, and the backlash has been so bad that nobody has tried to use it since. A real shame.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Without a doubt, this

890.gif

a different team, a different history, maybe on a better jersey, that's a great logo. It's the only one to actually depict an "islander", and did so pretty well. But, with a conservative-looking team with a very effective very beloved logo that won four consecutive cups, it just didn't fly, and the backlash has been so bad that nobody has tried to use it since. A real shame.

This X 1000

It's vastly superior to the traditional logo in every way (it, along with the Nordiques logo are among the two worst in pro sports history). I think perhaps the colour scheme and the jersey design itself played a large part in getting this thing ridiculed the way it was, but the logo itself is very well executed.

Without a doubt, this

890.gif

This X 1000

It's vastly superior to the traditional logo in every way (it, along with the Nordiques logo are among the two worst in pro sports history). I think perhaps the colour scheme and the jersey design itself played a large part in getting this thing ridiculed the way it was, but the logo itself is very well executed.

I am glad to know that I am not the only person on this board that loves this logo.

spacer.png

Without a doubt, this

890.gif

This X 1000

I am glad to know that I am not the only person on this board that loves this logo.

+100, It was the right logo in the wrong time in Islander hockey.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

The second I saw this thread, I was immediately going to put up the Robo-pen logo. Since Ark already handled that, I think I'll defend Tampa Bay.

97hhvk8e5if0riesnex30etgz.gif

Give this logo some depth, add black & silver, and this logo is top 10 in the NHL easily. I don't see the love over the the previous Lightning era. Sure the colors were great, but they were poorly executed (especially the Rbk Edge era but then again, most Edge era uniforms were poor). I think that with an update of this logo(mentioned above) and some creativity in the uniforms along with it, the Lightning will have their best look within their short history.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

Lots of unfairly hated uniforms in my opinion, but unfairly hated logos are more rare, to me anyways.

The homer pick is Wisconsin's "Motion W".

That's all I have, off hand. There are way more "undeserved beloved logos"...hey, that gives me an idea...

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

208.gif

Doesn't scream "Canucks", but independently is a good logo.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Without a doubt, this

890.gif

This X 1000

I agree... nice logo. Horrible uniforms, though.

+100, It was the right logo in the wrong time in Islander hockey.

I like that logo, too. Horrible uniform, though.

So "unfairly hated" means "logos I like that most other people don't". There's nothing "unfair" about a lot of people hating a logo for objective reasons.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

For no apparent reason I used to hate Washington, and I dislike their older husky logos intensely. Naturally, the one their fans seem to dislike, I love

yer7kx9iyefegr281fmaap900.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

So "unfairly hated" means "logos I like that most other people don't". There's nothing "unfair" about a lot of people hating a logo for objective reasons.

Kind of like "unpopular opinions".

First thing I thought of when I read the thread title.

The second I saw this thread, I was immediately going to put up the Robo-pen logo. Since Ark already handled that, I think I'll defend Tampa Bay.

(Lightning Logo)

Give this logo some depth, add black & silver, and this logo is top 10 in the NHL easily. I don't see the love over the the previous Lightning era. Sure the colors were great, but they were poorly executed (especially the Rbk Edge era but then again, most Edge era uniforms were poor). I think that with an update of this logo(mentioned above) and some creativity in the uniforms along with it, the Lightning will have their best look within their short history.

That's the thing though. With said fixes, it would be a great logo. However, as it stands now, it's a crappy, uninspired clipart logo, and thus deserving of the hate.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I've stated before that I really like the Gorton's logo. It wasn't the problem with that Islanders redesign, the uniforms were. Change the teal in the logo to something else and you could easily have an alternate logo on par with the Rangers' Lady Liberty logo.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived