CCSLC New Look-What do you think?

nash61

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over all I say I like the new look. But I don't know if it is the ad towards the beginning, and this has been happening almost since then or something else, but every time I click "Go to first new post" it goes there but jumps back to the top of the page and I have to scroll all the way through things I've already read or posted. Can you fix this please Chris.

packchampionslfroh.png

Just noticed the blue highlight for unread topics. I love it so much. :D (Also, it appears emoticons aren't working.)

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Given that the old format was giving my virus software fits, and in fact Google itself had tried quite vigorously to block this site two days ago because of issues they'd discovered with malware coming from the site, I'm hoping that this redesign is actually an indication that the more suspicious parts of the site are gone, too.

rATMcmK.png

The only thing I'm really missing is the thread title being included in the title bar. I open several tabs at once and work my way through, so I get lost when all of the tabs say "SportsLogos.Net Forum." Any way to get the thread title back in those?

Otherwise, I think it's a fine update. As another Windows Phone user, it's nice to see the mobile site there too.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've been here since '04, and I think with each update, I initially thought it was a downgrade, until two weeks later once I've mastered the new navigation and then I don't even remember what the previous version looked like.

This one seems to be a little more drastic than some of the others, as I keep finding myself accidentally going to Sportslogos.net as opposed to the Boards, but that'll get worked out I'm sure.

It's also a little awkward to go back to the forum you're browsing since you have to go down to the little nav thing in the lower left, but again once it gets committed to muscle memory, it'll become natural.

Other than reporting obvious bugs, probably should wait at least a week before complaining. Chances are you'll forget what you were going to complain about!

EDIT: and what DG said.

EDIT 2: Just noticed that my mobile avatar is showing for me instead of the one I used on the boards. No big deal, but just in case it's a bug I wanted to point that out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the design but there are a ton of flaws, once the bugs are worked out I will make my judgement.

Also there seems to be a glitch with the forum and fire forx I cant read spoilers and it loads very slow and delays and sometimes parts load weird.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I like the design but there are a ton of flaws, once the bugs are worked out I will make my judgement.

Can you elaborate?

The only thing I'm really missing is the thread title being included in the title bar. I open several tabs at once and work my way through, so I get lost when all of the tabs say "SportsLogos.Net Forum." Any way to get the thread title back in those?

I'll try to bring that back for you -- I hard coded the new title in completely forgetting about topic titles

Given that the old format was giving my virus software fits, and in fact Google itself had tried quite vigorously to block this site two days ago because of issues they'd discovered with malware coming from the site, I'm hoping that this redesign is actually an indication that the more suspicious parts of the site are gone, too.

The re-design is a result of the software upgrade... the major software upgrade was done to curb the virus issues we had been having

EDIT 2: Just noticed that my mobile avatar is showing for me instead of the one I used on the boards. No big deal, but just in case it's a bug I wanted to point that out.

During the installation process I was told you could only have one avatar, not sure why they did that but unfortunately I couldn't do anything about it

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

So long as this is the Q&A thread, any word on setting up a donate system? Or is there already a PayPal I can set recurring donation to?

I don't think I'd be along in giving something each month.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

So long as this is the Q&A thread, any word on setting up a donate system? Or is there already a PayPal I can set recurring donation to?

I don't think I'd be along in giving something each month.

I appreciate it but I must decline, I will only accept donations in the form of helping populate the site with content :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived