CCSLC New Look-What do you think?

nash61

I miss the "member since" option under the avatar. I always found it useful comparing the number of posts with the time spent on the forum, that way you could tell if someone was a post-padder or not. Is this option unavailable from now on?

I miss that too.

I'm sure these flaws have been mentioned already, but my only complaints about the new layout are the top header taking you back to the main site instead of the boards index like it used to, and the ad on the top on the page. I can see why you need to have it there, but that combined with the header take up half of my screen space.

Other than that, the new look is great. I don't mind the "Sportslogos.net" replacing "CCSLC" on the header, as I've always referred to the boards as the former anyway :P

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "Member since" is actually imperative for fantasy leagues, since we need the join date for the 500 post/6 month requirement.

You can get this info from the users profile still, which is convenient enough for the purposes you need I suppose.

I still would like it where it used to be if possible though, as it was something I liked and used frequently.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Another thing is that certain member's information below their avatars (aka Location, Favorite Logos...) is really cluttered. Looks bad the way it does.

I hope this also includes moving the "Member Title" below the avatar as well.

Are we implementing a ratings sustem with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

It's all relatively new to me as well, I turned on an option called "Reputation System" but it was only supposed to allow users to "Like" a post - not any members.

It seems to be based off of likes of posts, as my profile says "2 Neutral" and I have a comment with 2 likes.

I just checked out the mobile site and I love it. Also, I agree about what's been said regarding the Join Date and Member Titles.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I think the like buttons are pretty unnecessary, but I guess that's just me.

Doesn't hitting a "like" button take away from the whole point of a forum, which is for people to post their opinions? I guess it's better than "ya I agree" or "what he said", but I think you're going to get both likes and "pad" posts, so it's kinda pointless.

Something else I noticed - I'm on Chrome, and when I use the fast reply box on the bottom, the cursor just jumps around so half the word I'm typing ends up in the middle of some word earlier in the post. It isn't all the time, but plenty enough to be annoying. It happened twice while typing this reply.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I like the like button and wish more people used it. I can't see a real purpose for it, but I'm happy to like things from now on.

It's been a few days and I'm now used to the new forum. That's all it takes.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Are we implementing a ratings system with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

It's all relatively new to me as well, I turned on an option called "Reputation System" but it was only supposed to allow users to "Like" a post - not any members.

So is there a way you can "dislike" posts? The reason I ask is because this member (http://boards.sports.../user/6-njtank/) has a "Poor -13" rating.

6uXNWAo.png

Having the banner take you to SportsLogos.net is a lot harder to get used to than I thought it would be. I get that you're trying to integrate the two better and increase traffic to the mothership (at least I think that's the rationale), but at least for me, they're two separate entities and I really don't visit the mothership much. I realize that doesn't help you, so if you need visitors by getting people to click that banner then that's all well and good (if it helps keep things going then that should be OK with everyone), I just find it a little annoying. Maybe I'll learn to just click the "forums" tab over time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Are we implementing a ratings system with the likes? I have a "1 Neutral" on my profile. Just curious how all that works.

So is there a way you can "dislike" posts? The reason I ask is because this member (http://boards.sports.../user/6-njtank/) has a "Poor -13" rating.

You cannot "dislike" posts, but we had a similar system long ago in which you could -- I'm betting Tanks negative rating is leftover from those days

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Having the banner take you to SportsLogos.net is a lot harder to get used to than I thought it would be. I get that you're trying to integrate the two better and increase traffic to the mothership (at least I think that's the rationale), but at least for me, they're two separate entities and I really don't visit the mothership much. I realize that doesn't help you, so if you need visitors by getting people to click that banner then that's all well and good (if it helps keep things going then that should be OK with everyone), I just find it a little annoying. Maybe I'll learn to just click the "forums" tab over time.

I'm trying to create a more global, consistent navigation between the three sites (Main Site, Forums, News) -- currently all three sites have completely different headers, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have three different styles for one site... Now having said that, I can see your point, I too am clicking that logo expecting to get back to Forum home - and if I'm doing that, then certainly someone who's never visited the forum will get more than confused with this experience

if my goal is global consistency it would make more sense if that banner took you to some global all-in-one page with news, logos, and forum elements rather than where it goes now

I'll re-link it to the forum homepage for now, if I ever get a global homepage setup then maybe i'll point it there in the future

Another thing is that certain member's information below their avatars (aka Location, Favorite Logos...) is really cluttered. Looks bad the way it does.

I'll see what I can do about that

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Is it also JS for the notifications and inbox pop-up? It's not working for me at all. I can't even get the drop-down under my username, it always sends me to my control panel.

Quoting myself so that this hopefully gets answered. Am I the only one experiencing this? I tried in Chrome, Firefox and IE and I don't get a pop-up at all.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

I'm trying to create a more global, consistent navigation between the three sites (Main Site, Forums, News) -- currently all three sites have completely different headers, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have three different styles for one site... Now having said that, I can see your point, I too am clicking that logo expecting to get back to Forum home - and if I'm doing that, then certainly someone who's never visited the forum will get more than confused with this experience

if my goal is global consistency it would make more sense if that banner took you to some global all-in-one page with news, logos, and forum elements rather than where it goes now

I'll re-link it to the forum homepage for now, if I ever get a global homepage setup then maybe i'll point it there in the future

I'll see what I can do about that

Maybe keep the SportsLogos.net link, but then have a larger forum link as opposed to just the tab? Like in front of "Baseball", have a large Forum link like a "you are here" kind of thing?

Short of having a separate banner with your consistent logo but then a "Forums" disclaimer in the blue area below the title, maybe that's a compromise?

I like the "Like" button - it eliminates some of the need for "OMG POTD OMFG"

Chris, would there be a chance to get some of the characters (like the Croatian c) back available for us? If you check out the Weltliga rosters thread, I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

6fQjS3M.png

Archived