2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

The Diamondbacks have never had a great logo or jersey, but their colors were great. The A logo is decent for a cap, but it sucked as a monogram on a jersey. But the name spelled out, as on the inaugeral set, is a little cumbersome. And of course, "D-backs" is terrible. I like a lot of things about the 98-99 jerseys, but they were just a little too much. In 2000, they went to the World Series set, which minimized teal and made a mess by making them a purple team at home and black on the road. The road set was painfully drab. And yeah, I dislike the current set. The colors may be appropriate for Arizona, but not as much as purple, turquoise and copper. The Diamondbacks don't have one definitive look for which I could say "they should go back to that," because they have never had a single jersey that was better than decent. However, they should go back to the original colors, keep the A logo, and pretty much redo everything else from scratch.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never understood all the love for the D-Back original set, it's was pretty dated looking right from the start. I think their new set is much better but I think some of the hate comes from them basically stealing the Astros color scheme from the same time.

IMO, it's a combination of a boring and derivative color scheme, the puzzling decision to go with "D-Backs" on the front of the home jersey, and the fact that any and all uniqueness (such as the patterned sleeve trim) was sucked out of the uniforms in favor of a generic template.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Well, "Diamondbacks" is too long to legibly fit, and it looked bad stacked on the original uniforms. The other option is not to have it on the uniform at all. "Phoenix Snakes" would have been simpler.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Diamondbacks have never had a great logo

I've always liked the "db" snake head one

pMLB2-5647360dt.jpg

I never realized that it was supposed to be a snake. I don't get how I didn't notice that.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

pMLB2-5647360dt.jpg

I never realized that it was supposed to be a snake. I don't get how I didn't notice that.

How strange, I always saw the snake and only a while later did I realize it was also a db

Go A's!

pMLB2-5647360dt.jpg

LOVE this logo. I argue that this has to be one of the most underrated logos in sports.

IMHO, this should be their primary logo.

And to get to the point of their original colors. There were many here in Phoenix that passed around conspiracy theories about new management for D-backs and Suns hating Jerry Colangelo and removing his identity from his teams. They took away his purple for the D-backs and now are slowly doing the same to the Suns.

Yes, it's ridiculous but it makes us purple lovers feel better. I wouldn't mind their current uniform but with the old colors.

I wish teams would use thick stripes on their tops like the maroon Phillies and the 80s Mets, to go along with thick pants stripes. Looks really nice.

I wish the Phillies would go back to those in general (D-backs too).

Racing stripes worked when players wore high sturrips that continued the effect.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Diamondbacks have too many logos where the letters are also a snake. They should pick one.

And their uniforms last night are what they should be wearing. The brick and sand astro ripoffs aren't cutting it for me.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived