2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

The Mariners are getting new uniforms. It's rumoured the Cubs will get a new set as well as the Padres. Lord knows that Padres are one team that deserves an upgrade.

There is no rumor at this time about the Padres. There was a vague mention about all kinds of changes throughout the organizationfrom the new ownership and some speculated the potential of returning to brown. They then came out and shot that down. May happen down the road, nobody know, but for now its not. Even if they wanted to they couldn't for next year. Was way too far past the deadline. As for the Mariners and Cubs, thers some worry over the M's that maybe they may, which would be dumb, and as for the Cubs I believe it's more than likely a road uniform change with the homes saying as they are.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BVQ6D5fCAAMoPxp.png

Shouldn't the umpire be able to tell either the Rangers (with their full stock of jerseys available at home) or the Angels (who do have their grays with them) to go back to the locker room and change? That's riduculous.

I don't mind the color alt on color alt in baseball, provided that they're different colors. When they are the EXACT same shade of red (not to mention extremely similar fonts), that just can't happen. I mean, I get that jersey colors aren't all that important in telling what's happening in a baseball game (the pitcher and fielders obviously aren't doing the same thing as the batters and runners), but they're still opposing teams... division rivals... look different damn it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Mariners are getting new uniforms. It's rumoured the Cubs will get a new set as well as the Padres. Lord knows that Padres are one team that deserves an upgrade.

I certainly hope you're kidding about the Mariners. Cubs could stand for new road unis though, and although the Padres need it, they sadly won't get it.

From San Berdoo to Kalamazoo.

I certainly hope you're kidding about the Mariners. Cubs could stand for new road unis though, and although the Padres need it, they sadly won't get it.
There were rumblings about the Mariners going cream. They're about to :censored: up a near-perfect set.

To the people thinking the Dbacks were the ones that wanted to ditch their old colors, I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure MLB personally contacted the Dbacks and asked if they could change their colors due to the fact the Rockies were already purple and black. I could see how they could get the teams confused, they did look similar especially being in the same division.

To the people thinking the Dbacks were the ones that wanted to ditch their old colors, I don't think that's correct. I'm pretty sure MLB personally contacted the Dbacks and asked if they could change their colors due to the fact the Rockies were already purple and black. I could see how they could get the teams confused, they did look similar especially being in the same division.

Can you provide some evidence to back that up?

That seems way unlikely to me, especially since the DBacks started their first season in the NL West with Colorado already there in 1998. I can't see why MLB wouldn't tap their shoulder at the start rather than wait almost a full decade to get them to change. Plus, divisions like the AL East and Central have 4 out of 5 teams with blue as their primary color. Baseball is full of similar looks and it would be weird for MLB to pick out just one of many examples to snuff out.

niagaraq.png

Really? So how does that explain, the Twins & Indians, Angels & Rangers, Dodgers & Padres? There are many teams that really, if you look at them are the same color. I find this about as bogus as the story of red being Gene Autry's favorite and that's why the Angels went red.

Really? So how does that explain, the Twins & Indians, Angels & Rangers, Dodgers & Padres? There are many teams that really, if you look at them are the same color. I find this about as bogus as the story of red being Gene Autry's favorite and that's why the Angels went red.

I really don't care what you find "bogus." What reason would I have to come on an internet forum and post lies? I don't really care if people believe me or not, but, when I traveled to Phoenix this summer I spent sometime in Chase Field and I had several people that work for the team say that Selig came to the Dbacks and requested they changed their colors.

Even if the MLB didn't have a hand it in, I still think the Dbacks wanted to get away from looking like the Rockies. It must be the terrific color scheme they had that blinds people from the truth.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2655144

"Team president Derrick Hall told the Arizona Republic that fans either loved or hated the the old purple and turquoise colors -- and it was the first change Major League Baseball suggested when it approached the team about a different look."

That's nice, but it doesn't in any way support the claim that MLB asked the Diamondbacks to change "due to the fact the Rockies were already purple and black."

It's far more plausible that baseball asked them to consider a color change since the old merchandise wasn't selling anymore.

Archived