2013 MLB Logo and Uniform Changes

TheOldRoman

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Racing stripes worked when players wore high sturrips that continued the effect.

It would work for Outman

7515296.jpg

Just looking at that photo really shows how awful that "Colorado" script is. And whose idea was it to have black numbers on a purple jersey?

-BigBubba

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Racing stripes worked when players wore high sturrips that continued the effect.

It would work for Outman

7515296.jpg

Just looking at that photo really shows how awful that "Colorado" script is. And whose idea was it to have black numbers on a purple jersey?

-BigBubba

It's baseball. It's acceptable to put dark numbers on a dark jersey as long as it has a white outline.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

It would work for Outman

7515296.jpg

-BigBubba

It's baseball. It's acceptable to put dark numbers on a dark jersey as long as it has a white outline.

Yeah exactly...it was probably the same guy who thought it'd be a good idea to put navy numbers on navy jerseys.

The Rockies could use a purple jersey with "Rockies" across the front. It'd be a solid alternate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It would work for Outman

7515296.jpg

-BigBubba

Uhhh...since when? The Braves do it and it looks horrible. The Rays do it and it looks horrible. The Rockies do it and it looks horrible. I'm not buying the "It's fine 'cause baseball" reasoning.

-BigBubba

I actually love the Rockies purple jerseys. Even the black numbers for some reason because I do dislike the navy on navy numbers for the Braves and Rays. I dunno. Guess I can distinguish the black against purple well enough that it doesn't bother me. Plus with the black caps it ties together well.

I'd still prefer to see them ditch black and go just purple and silver, but as long as the have black, that purple jersey as is is fine by me.

Looks like the sublimated pattern. Marlins used it too for their 1956 throwbacks. Who made those?

I still wish the Nationals had been the only franchise to adopt a Negro League name from their city's history, the way the Brewers, Padres, Angels and Orioles adopted traditional minor-league names from theirs.

Yeah, but weren't the Homestead Grays more a Pittsburgh team that played some games in Washington? Also, hard to work up passion about the most neutral color. Also #2, you'd have the Grays wearing white at home and the road team wearing the team's color (or at least its name), and look I'm having enough trouble as it is with the White Sox wearing socks that are the inverse of white. Just seems like a real brandtastrophe.

I think it would be cool for a Negro League nickname to make it to the majors, but Grays shouldn't have been the one to do it. I'll keep holding out for the Indianapolis Clowns.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the Marlins have 'officially' dropped the orange caps and road uniforms. Marketing guy mentioned it during a telecast a few weeks back. Team has been wearing orange/black alternates on the road all season.

1997 | 2003

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but the Marlins have 'officially' dropped the orange caps and road uniforms. Marketing guy mentioned it during a telecast a few weeks back. Team has been wearing orange/black alternates on the road all season.

Is that even allowed? The grey jersey would still be in the *official* files and style guide, no?

-BigBubba

them choosing not to wear them for a season does not mean they are "officially dropped", just means they are dumbasses

Archived