2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

"If you look in the sky, stars look a lot more silver than gold to me," Stars owner Tom Gaglardi said on why silver & not gold

There's also not a whole lot of green...

What a dumb reason to change colours. The jerseys have done a lot to make up for the logo and colour scheme, at least. They're not amazing, because of the roundel, the fact that the same logo appears three times on the same damn uniform, the "square" yoke instead of a round one, the modern-looking logo with a traditional template, the AHL logo, and the colour scheme, but they're not bad, either.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks pretty good, it salvages the day from the Hurricanes disaster. But really I don't know what I was expecting.

Also, what's with the slogans, "New Storm" and "New Star" could they not think of anything else?

DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT HOCKEY

Dallas' jersey... I like them, I was worried at first but I think they're well executed!

Carolina on the other hand....

Such a huge downgrade, I liked the shoulder patch but it just looks too much like the Wings or Team Canada. Such a disappointment.

baltimoreravens.png

Carolina - terribly mediocre. The worst part is the smaller logo that they've placed way too high. Plus the lack of silver and shoulder patches, which could have at least distinguished them from the Red Wings.

The flag pattern will join he Coyotes' desert pattern as the most used concept from here on, I'll bet

Stars - I don't love them, but I don't hate them either. I still kind of hate the logo. And the shade of green is pretty bland.

The Stars should be getting at least as much vitriol about playing Original 6 dress ups as Carolina have.

It's nice, it's a good look, but this is easily as bad as Tampa Bay in terms of going to an Original 6 style.

A team that started play in 1967, as part of the "Next Six", gets a hell of a lot more rope than a team that started play in 1992.

spacer.png

I hate when teams only unveil the jersey. I even hate it when concepts only include the jersey. There's more than one component to a hockey uniform, people. Anyone know what color pants/helmets the stars will wear? Will the socks match the jersey striping?

I'm sure this has been said since I last checked in with the thread, but Dallas's green looks like a st patricks day blackhawks jerseys.

That's not a bad thing at all. That shade of green is gorgeous. The white jersey is really really sharp and I love the way the logos look on both jerseys. Well done in that regard. About the only things I can think of to nitpick are the striping inconsistencies (though you could argue they're not inconsistent) and that there's no outlines on the numbers.

I give Dallas an A-. I give Carolina an F.

PvO6ZWJ.png

And guys: We need to have a talk about striping. Let's take a gander at a great year from my childhood in terms of NHL unis: http://www.nhluniforms.com/1990-91/1990-91.html What do you notice? All teams are wearing "traditional" jerseys with "bland striping" and Original 6 rip-offs. The Nordiques have a different pattern, but I mean, come on. No one is breaking any ground with how you break up the striping on a hockey uniform. I get that we had less teams then and blah blah blah, but look at the sweaters. Seriously. What do you notice? That said, Carolina doesn't look great after seeing the unveiling. Very underwhelming... Stars, on the other hand, look amazing.

I hate when teams only unveil the jersey. I even hate it when concepts only include the jersey. There's more than one component to a hockey uniform, people. Anyone know what color pants/helmets the stars will wear? Will the socks match the jersey striping?

BL9HUVcCEAAEuSx_zps7a412ff4.jpg

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

And guys: We need to have a talk about striping. Let's take a gander at a great year from my childhood in terms of NHL unis: http://www.nhlunifor...91/1990-91.html What do you notice? All teams are wearing "traditional" jerseys with "bland striping" and Original 6 rip-offs. The Nordiques have a different pattern, but I mean, come on. No one is breaking any ground with how you break up the striping on a hockey uniform. I get that we had less teams then and blah blah blah, but look at the sweaters. Seriously. What do you notice? That said, Carolina doesn't look great after seeing the unveiling. Very underwhelming... Stars, on the other hand, look amazing.

Exactly.

It's not the striping, it's what you do with the striping. Many of those patterns exist for a reason on many NHL sweaters - they are visually pleasing. There's a reason why there was such outcry when hem stripes disappeared after EDGE and why teams that still haven't re-added hem stripes are still hopelessly dated to 2007.

The Lightning striping pattern, by itself, doesn't suck. It just looks like a recoloured Red Wings jersey in Maple Leafs blue. That...that does suck a lot.

spacer.png

Archived