2013-2014 NHL Uniform & Logo Changes

ksupilot

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The damn logo is STILL upside down! We're looking at the BOTTOM of the puck and it still drives me crazy.

Hurricaneslogocomparison.jpg

Holy crap. I never knew about this. The more I stare at it, the more I'm now realizing Carolina blew a chance of having their team logo incorporate some hockey elements (although someone else drew up that the actual logo interprets a hurricane, with a point-of-view look from the ground, looking up at the eye).

In case anyone's curious, here's NHLuniforms.com's explanation of the modified template.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here's something that could work in Carolina: How about putting a white yoke on the red home jersey and having the "nameplate" effect of the white jersey? I would be down with that. Face it. They allegedly put all this time/effort/ money into this monstrosity. Do you really think they're going to make wholesale changes? I , for one, don't. So, I'd take what I can get. The white yoke on the home jersey could make them a. unique b. symmetrical with their roads and c. add a moderately interesting visual element that wouldn't detract so much from what they came up with.. (PS -- how come I can't space down ... hitting enter is doing nothing)

(PS -- how come I can't space down ... hitting enter is doing nothing)

Ask the mods to un-ban your enter key :upside:

...But seriously, there might be a problem with your browser or the keyboard itself. If it's the browser, updating to the latest version might help.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

The damn logo is STILL upside down! We're looking at the BOTTOM of the puck and it still drives me crazy.

Hurricaneslogocomparison.jpg

That's the thing: it's not even a puck. It's an eye. As in, "the eye of the storm".

At least, that's how I've always seen it.

We're looking at the bottom of the puck because we're below the hurricane. We're on the ground, or ice, looking up at it, not looking at it from orbit.

I'm still taller than a puck and have always looked down onto the top of them. It's the only way that logo feels right to me. I've also never seen a photo of a hurricane from underneath, always a satellite or radar image from above, so that logo will always look upside down to my eyes.

As for the Dallas Stars new uniforms and shade of green, the University of North Dakota called and wants their template back.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

There is nothing wrong with the Carolina set. They finally dont look like a roller hockey team!

People here just bitch about everything. "we want more traditonal stripes, stupid edge"

"wow, way to copy another teams stripes..."

Bitch bitch bitch...

There is nothing wrong with the Carolina set. They finally dont look like a roller hockey team!

People here just bitch about everything. "we want more traditonal stripes, stupid edge"

Bitch bitch bitch...

Huh. That's a whole lot of wrongness. Ok though.

Bitch bitch bitch...

what is wrongnes?

You're up next Avalanche!

I hope so!

Maybe Sakic and Roy can lead that change...

Bitch bitch bitch...

what is wrongnes?

You're wrong about your assumptions of others and what they want.

Bitch bitch bitch...

That's not what's happening here. What's happening here is that the Hurricanes introduced a load of hot garbage and people are calling it like they see it.

When a good uniform is unveiled a majority of the posters here will give credit where its due. The reaction to the new Carolina nonsense isn't bitching for the sake of bitching.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Bitch bitch bitch...

Do you know where you are?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Maybe Sakic and Roy can lead that change...

With the Avs drafting Jones, Landeskog as captain, and Roy/Sakic in management, now would be a good excuse to change uniforms and "usher in a new era" or something. They could use the attention (and the cash).

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived