The 2013 NHL Season Thread

charger77

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What an awful collapse by the Bruins last night against Pittsburgh. That third goal was brutal to watch. Sure, it was an awful turnover by Dennis Seidenberg, but Johnny Boychuk sliding to take away the passing lane when it's a two-on-two? LOL wut?

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

1) It's real cool to see how much you've been enjoying hockey this season. It's truly the best sport ever.

Hockey is the second best sport ever but the point remains. B)

Yeah, this season I find my self really wishing I hadn't walked away from the NHL in 2005. I'm still a ways from having enough knowledge of the game to keep up with the folks in this thread, but I am really enjoying following the sport again.

BB52Big.jpg

Yeah, this season I find my self really wishing I hadn't walked away from the NHL in 2005.

Don't worry, no one blames you :D

I'm still a ways from having enough knowledge of the game to keep up with the folks in this thread, but I am really enjoying following the sport again.

Maybe I'm biased because I grew up with it all around me, but I find hockey very accessible. Take offsides for example. With hockey you pretty can pretty much get the concept in a game or two. With soccer I know people older then I am who still don't know how offsides works in that sport.

Yeah, this season I find my self really wishing I hadn't walked away from the NHL in 2005.

I'm still a ways from having enough knowledge of the game to keep up with the folks in this thread, but I am really enjoying following the sport again.

Maybe I'm biased because I grew up with it all around me, but I find hockey very accessible. Take offsides for example. With hockey you pretty can pretty much get the concept in a game or two. With soccer I know people older then I am who still don't know how offsides works in that sport.

I meant more like I can't name all the players, get involved in talking trades, who needs what, who's great, who isn't, etc. I've known the game rules for years. In fact, I got in a little debate with the guy sitting next to us last night. The Jackets got called for offside and this guy starts screaming "bull-s**t" blah blah blah and I say "it was a good call, he was clearly offside." And he was, he was two feet past the blue line when the puck showed up. Apparently, the officials and me were the only ones in the building who saw it.

BB52Big.jpg

or basketball where I still don't know what is and isn't a foul and let's not even get started on the NFL rulebook.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Yeah, Pittsburgh would definitely want a defensemen. /cough Bouwmeester..

Bouwmeester rumors have surfaced here every year ever since Gill and Scuderi left. So basically, it won't happen. Shero seems to like to sign guys nobody expects. I would love to see him on the Pens, though. I believe their big weakness at this point is the lack of a large, reliable, experienced defenseman to keep guys out of the crease as well as other things the younger/smaller guys on the Pens' D seem to be unable to do. I always like to reference back to the Gill/Scuderi pair from 09. Without that pair, they do not win that cup, and I still believe they should have kept one of those two guys.

The only thing is, I like what the Penguins have right now as well. To sacrifice what would be necessary to bring in a Bouwmeester or a Iginla (we don't need a forward. Anyone can play with Sid. How else is Chris freaking Kunitz third in the league? We have enough offense.) isn't something I'm too thrilled about depending on who it is. Then again Calgary could use a few future picks these days...

But in the end, I wouldn't be too surprised if Shero did nothing.

Bouwmeester probably won't be a tough sell. He's pretty much guaranteed to fetch a first. I've always been enamored with Tyler Kennedy, maybe that's somebody the Pens would want to part with? With Jay he's a free agent next July so it's not like he's a rental, and maybe playing out East would reignite his offense. I'm fairly certain Brent Sutter's defense first system ruined him and Bob Hartley hasn't done nearly enough, though he is getting a bit more active.

Personally if there's a defenseman I would love to move it's Mark Giordano. Wouldn't nearly fetch a Bouwmeester return, and he's owed 4 million over the next 3 seasons I believe.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I don't know how the Ducks keep doing it, but I like that they keep doing it.

Also, if Perry gets suspended for that hit, I'll eat my hat. Late, sure. Left his feet, a little. But kept the elbow down, didn't target the head, and really hit Zucker from the front more than anything.

He wasn't late, he was early. He went for the shoulder, but Zucker wasn't there in time. Look at it again in slow-motion and you can clearly see that.

sport-scarf_leafs_zps5f769288.png

seahawks_banner.png

Perry gets FOUR GAMES?!?!

You are HIGH, Shanahan.

WeberZetterberg.gif

I hate the Red Wings as much as any other Blackhawks fan but that play still manages to infuriate me. How the HELL did he get away with just a fine?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Yeah, Pittsburgh would definitely want a defensemen. /cough Bouwmeester..

Bouwmeester rumors have surfaced here every year ever since Gill and Scuderi left. So basically, it won't happen. Shero seems to like to sign guys nobody expects. I would love to see him on the Pens, though. I believe their big weakness at this point is the lack of a large, reliable, experienced defenseman to keep guys out of the crease as well as other things the younger/smaller guys on the Pens' D seem to be unable to do. I always like to reference back to the Gill/Scuderi pair from 09. Without that pair, they do not win that cup, and I still believe they should have kept one of those two guys.

The only thing is, I like what the Penguins have right now as well. To sacrifice what would be necessary to bring in a Bouwmeester or a Iginla (we don't need a forward. Anyone can play with Sid. How else is Chris freaking Kunitz third in the league? We have enough offense.) isn't something I'm too thrilled about depending on who it is. Then again Calgary could use a few future picks these days...

But in the end, I wouldn't be too surprised if Shero did nothing.

Bouwmeester probably won't be a tough sell. He's pretty much guaranteed to fetch a first. I've always been enamored with Tyler Kennedy, maybe that's somebody the Pens would want to part with? With Jay he's a free agent next July so it's not like he's a rental, and maybe playing out East would reignite his offense. I'm fairly certain Brent Sutter's defense first system ruined him and Bob Hartley hasn't done nearly enough, though he is getting a bit more active.

Personally if there's a defenseman I would love to move it's Mark Giordano. Wouldn't nearly fetch a Bouwmeester return, and he's owed 4 million over the next 3 seasons I believe.

The Kennedy contract last year, I believe, is the worst thing Shero has done with the Penguins to date, and I wouldn't mind seeing him gone so guys with a lot of potential like Bennett and Vitale can get more time and to free up some cap space. He is not worth what he is getting paid and definately wasn't worth losing the seemingly-sure-thing that Jagr was. He had a couple clutch goals in the '09 run and an up year offensively two seasons ago when Sid got knocked out and they shipped him up to the first line, but he always was, and will be, a third-line grinder who plays an average of 60 games a year. He's scrappy, hard-working, and plays way bigger than he is, and that's when he is at his best. But this season he's, frankly, sucked. He tries to make Sid-like moves when he doesn't have the skill and ends up turning it over, and he always... always... shoots. I like Kennedy when he plays his role, but he really wants to be the scorer that he is not, and it's really hurting his play. Maybe a move to a team like Calgary would be what he needs.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

You are HIGH, Shanahan.

4 games in mini-season

=

7-8 games in regular season

This suspension is huge.

The length of the season should not factor into how many games a suspension should be.

You are HIGH, Shanahan.

4 games in mini-season

=

7-8 games in regular season

This suspension is huge.

The length of the season should not factor into how many games a suspension should be.

I don't think he's implying that at all. Seems to me he's just showing how long this suspension would translate into if we were playing on a full season schedule.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

You are HIGH, Shanahan.

See what I mean about former Red Wings in positions of authority around the league????

THE MYANS WARNED US THIS WOULD HAPPEN!

Stevey Y has to be involved in this somehow, right? B)

BB52Big.jpg

Archived