College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

That logo on the chrome orange looks somewhat like the Bears "C" for Chicago..

bears.jpg

It's not a Bears helmet. Emperor Goodell is far too stringent to allow something that gaudy in the NFL.

Plus, doesn't the NFL have a one-helmet-per-team rule? Aside from the maybe 2 or 3 times per year that they're allowed to wear a throwback (and chrome ain't throwin' it back), I'm pretty sure that teams can only have one helmet.

I can't see the Bears scrapping their classic lids for orange chrome. It's gotta be a college team.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear god. HGI just put this on their facebook page.

993658_538595152856000_2068359196_n.jpg

HGI has been known to do High School helmets too soooo

Then mentioned it was Orange

You can make out a wishbone C or Georgia G

I don't think this is a collegiate helmet, or at least not a D1 college.

Are you sure it is not a D1 helmet. Look at a comment from HGI themselves. It says

HGI ( Hydro Graphics, Inc. ) Can't say who they belong to but they will surely be on TV this fall!

Judging by what they said, OK State or Oregon State. The civil war is always nationally televised, and OK State has been becoming a bigger program in the past few years.

Oregon State just went through a rebrand. I doubt they will have already gotten new helmets after that.

Ok State still doesn't explain the G.

I brought it into photoshop to see if I couldn't clear up that decal a little. Which made me think it was even more of a G. But honestly, no guesses on a team.

9353511900_12b8799287_z.jpg9353511824_4793836c26_z.jpg

I'm starting to think this is a Georgia helmet. Could be that the helmet is actually red but the filter used on the image is making it look orange. If so, then God help us all.

Are you sure it is not a D1 helmet. Look at a comment from HGI themselves. It says

HGI ( Hydro Graphics, Inc. ) Can't say who they belong to but they will surely be on TV this fall!

Judging by what they said, OK State or Oregon State. The civil war is always nationally televised, and OK State has been becoming a bigger program in the past few years.

Oregon State just went through a rebrand. I doubt they will have already gotten new helmets after that.

I brought it into photoshop to see if I couldn't clear up that decal a little. Which made me think it was even more of a G. But honestly, no guesses on a team.

I'm starting to think this is a Georgia helmet. Could be that the helmet is actually red but the filter used on the image is making it look orange. If so, then God help us all.

HGI, the people that make these helmets, have already stated that it is orange.

It could be Bishop Gorman a high school team that works with HGI and plays a few games on ESPN.

I'm sure it is. This is their "normal helmet": RONNIESTANLEY_2005_20A.JPG They've also worn ones like Utah State, Boise and Oregon's liquid Metal.

Wasn't thinking about high schools. That's a great point! Can't be UGA...I doubt there's any filter that can make red look that orange, and we know from a source here who worked on Georgia's new uniforms that the only proposed alternate got scrapped.

Wish they'd just give in and bring back the black shirts though. 9 out of 10 Georgia fans secretly want that and they know it.

1044797_603871492966929_730685325_n.jpg

No sign of any of the chrome helmet concepts seen earlier. Still not a fan of the shoulder yokes.

What the ______!!!!!!!!!! Looks _______ stupid! Hopefully they get new ones their first year in the new stadium cuz these make me want to drive up there and shake the special teams/ head coach!!!!!

It could be Bishop Gorman a high school team that works with HGI and plays a few games on ESPN.

I'm sure it is. This is their "normal helmet": RONNIESTANLEY_2005_20A.JPG They've also worn ones like Utah State, Boise and Oregon's liquid Metal.

GDU wins. I can't see what other team it could be, except BG.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

And if that red UH logo is all red on the white lid then why not do that on the red lid it would look much better than the beveled crap. Also matte the red or just take out the glitter it looks like crap maybe a chief plain red helmet would be good

GDU wins. I can't see what other team it could be, except BG.

All the credit for that one goes to LETSGOBLUEBEATMSU.

Is it possible the coloring process on the chrome helmets is multi-step and these will eventually be red Georgia helmets? The single stripe even matches Georgia's helmets.

Is it possible the coloring process on the chrome helmets is multi-step and these will eventually be red Georgia helmets? The single stripe even matches Georgia's helmets.

The helmet is intended to be orange. That's why the post said "Orange you glad it's almost football season?"

Besides, all signs seem to point to Bishop Gorman. This seems to be a chromed out version of their helmet in the above pic, which has the same G and single stripe as Georgia.

The helmet is intended to be orange. That's why the post said "Orange you glad it's almost football season?"

Besides, all signs seem to point to Bishop Gorman. This seems to be a chromed out version of their helmet in the above pic, which has the same G and single stripe as Georgia.

yea if its not Bishop then color me surprised

im not a fan of chrome finishes usually but this one looks cool. more importantly, id love to see those kids seeing the helmets for the first time. they're going to flip out

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

1044797_603871492966929_730685325_n.jpg

No sign of any of the chrome helmet concepts seen earlier. Still not a fan of the shoulder yokes.

What the ______!!!!!!!!!! Looks _______ stupid! Hopefully they get new ones their first year in the new stadium cuz these make me want to drive up there and shake the special teams/ head coach!!!!!

Those just look terrible compared to the previous set. :puke:

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

yea if its not Bishop then color me surprised

im not a fan of chrome finishes usually but this one looks cool. more importantly, id love to see those kids seeing the helmets for the first time. they're going to flip out

Maybe, but they play for Bishop not Indiana. Bishop has already had multiple HGI helmets, including chrome ones.

Not the carolina blue helmet we saw at the unveil. Black decal.

20130721_kdl_as1_253.0_standard_352.0.jpg

They also tweeted the actual decals will be a little bit bigger. Ugh.

Archived