College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Thank you to those of you who confirmed the new Florida number font. That was driving me bonkers! Maybe I don't like change, but I hate the new numbers. The old style just seemed more...classy.

Also, no changes to the MTSU Blue Raiders for week one, as they went silver/blue/white. Nothing fancy, just clean and consistent.

http://www.goblueraiders.com/content.cfm/id/69262

(Tried to post one pic, but it said the image extension wasn't supported by the boards. Le sigh.)

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My alma mater North Texas wore their previously-unveiled mish-mash of fauxback elements:

7329572.jpeg

Great to see the old Flying Worm logo again - even though they never wore it on White helmets back in the day.

I was really hoping for full-on Apple Green and Forest Green throwbacks.

I apologize for destroying any retinas, but here's Miami (OH) in action vs. Marshall.

g27625800000000000050e391ee1ef6281f34b67

g27625800000000000068a43e9ae0476de5b9477

g2762580000000000007f782e1cf96dcea952100

The rest of the photos are in this gallery: http://www.herald-dispatch.com/news/briefs/x1117503310/Gallery-Marshall-vs-Miami-Ohio-Aug-31-2013

That's funny because while this page was loading my eyes started to feel irritated now I know why!

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Miami (OH) easily has the worst unis in FBS.

Watching Nicholls State vs. Oregon was painful too. Nicholls State might have the worst uniforms in all of American football.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

9642411122_433d7ccdf8_o.jpg

Those look nice!

Anyone know why some of TAMU's players had name plates, but others did not?

Passing around a jersey in honor of Polo Manukainiu, who died in a car wreck. Different player will wear it every week

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Unless I was looking at something else, I'd say they were just plain

Nicholls not Miami. The Minnesota double M jerseys aee 100 x better/ understated than that

Silver helmets, red jerseys with one of the worst/lamest fonts on a football jersey, and charcoal pants. Just looked really bad.

When I first saw them on here I thought Western Kentucky's new unis were awful; especially in comparison to their old traditional ones. But upon seeing them on TV last night my opinion has completely changed. I really, really liked them.

40CiJ.AuSt.79.jpeg

I thought those were rutgers at first is the only knock i can give it, and i had to really look for the logo to tell what team it was

Isn't that the Chargers' number font?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Isn't that the Chargers' number font?

Not quite. It's the same font as Georgia Tech's bubble wrap numbers last year, and probably an Arena team or two. Because Russell Athletic.

I don't like when both sides of the helmet have different logos. Especially when one side has the players number and the font of the helmet numbers don't match the font of the jersey number.

I understand the meaning behind Western Michigans "Row the Boat" motto, but it doesn't seem to fit a team nicknamed the Broncos. Also, why do they have the oar stickers on their helmets during game one. Seems odd.

The school is known as Western Michigan, and Michigan's western border is an eponymous Great Lake... I'd say "Row The Boat" fits them more than, say, Auburn's "War Eagle" chant fits a team known as the Tigers.

Thoughts from yesterday:

I don't think LSU has solved their jersey striping problem.

I don't know what VA Tech is thinking some time.

I don't care for piping on football uniforms.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Nicholls State might have the worst uniforms in all of American football.

Florida A&M may have taken the cake. Seriously this program has had bad uniforms throughout most of it's existence. I can only remember a brief period in the early 2000's when they had a decent look. Once the modern era of piping & panels came in to play FAMU has remained a consistent tacky mess.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Archived