College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of OrSt pics I hadn't seen posted before: BIKbZmPCQAA6vXU.jpgBIKa_lpCYAAQoOI.jpgBEnJe_YCIAASjgj.jpg

When I just glanced at that second picture real quick I felt like it was Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Oregon St uniforms on display.

With that being said, all three of those uniforms are really growing on me. I'm definitely a fan of the black and white looks and the orange looks pretty solid as well. Better than I thought that it would look when I first saw them.

BIJyKdhCcAAqxRy.jpg

I like the white one. Blue? Not so much...

The blue would be much better if they had just gone with a gloss helmet and made the blue part of the husky clear so that it matched the helmet. Why would that have been so hard?

I am getting word through the Twitter grapevine that West Viriginia will be unveiled in 20 minutes. Take it with a grain of salt but that's what I've heard. At the very least it will happen sometime within the next few hours if that source is wrong.

BIJyKdhCcAAqxRy.jpg

I like the white one. Blue? Not so much...

The blue would be much better if they had just gone with a gloss helmet and made the blue part of the husky clear so that it matched the helmet. Why would that have been so hard?

I wonder when we'll start seeing matte decals.

BITy68iCAAEHX22.jpg

boring generic crap.

I might be the only one, but I actually like that number font. I think they should have created a custom font to match the WV logo though.

That would make sense though which is usually not how this is playing out anymore.

Is it just me but does the WV Blue uniform look purple while the helmet looks blue.

Not terrible (aside from pit stains), but pretty damn lame. Again, Nike stripes = highlight their uniform cut = lame.

I would've preferred they do something like this request I did (note it was a request, the pants suck IMO but that's what he wanted...)

WV_Coleman_H_04.jpg

So I know this is kinda off topic, but after seeing what these schools have been doing with Nike this year, and being an Illinois fan, I shudder to think what will happen to the Fighting Illini in 2014.

So I know this is kinda off topic, but after seeing what these schools have been doing with Nike this year, and being an Illinois fan, I shudder to think what will happen to the Fighting Illini in 2014.

I would agree with you if I was an Illini fan. I have generally had a very favorable opinion of Nike designs but 2013 has been a severe disappointment for me. Everything seems very generic and "paint by numbers." Protocol these days seems to be to fill in the half-circle sleeve panel and apply a custom number font with some arbitrarily selected bs reason for the typeset's inspiration. The blame truly lies with the teams for accepting such subpar work. None of these teams even look remotely different from one another. While I think there are some definite flaws in the set, the only new identity refresh that I think works is Oregon State. That design at least conveys something unique and sets them apart in terms of design. Cal, UNC, West Virginia, UCF, etc all look like generic cookie cutter templates that fit the requirement of "kewl design, recruits will love them!" I have to hand it to my school, UGA. At least with our "rebrand" (if that's even applicable- just a new secondary logo and fonts) we stuck to our guns and recognized what it means to convey the Georgia brand. The fonts are the only shift in identity and even then, they almost look like a rounder Chicago Bears throwback model. I love what we did- changed to all new materials and kept all collars, cuffs, and signature striping the same. Only 1 helmet, 2 jerseys and 1 pair of pants.

I would agree with you if I was an Illini fan. I have generally had a very favorable opinion of Nike designs but 2013 has been a severe disappointment for me. Everything seems very generic and "paint by numbers."

Protocol these days seems to be to fill in the half-circle sleeve panel and apply a custom number font with some arbitrarily selected bs reason for the typeset's inspiration. The blame truly lies with the teams for accepting such subpar work. None of these teams even look remotely different from one another.

While I think there are some definite flaws in the set, the only new identity refresh that I think works is Oregon State. That design at least conveys something unique and sets them apart in terms of design. Cal, UNC, West Virginia, UCF, etc all look like generic cookie cutter templates that fit the requirement of "kewl design, recruits will love them!"

I have to hand it to my school, UGA. At least with our "rebrand" (if that's even applicable- just a new secondary logo and fonts) we stuck to our guns and recognized what it means to convey the Georgia brand. The fonts are the only shift in identity and even then, they almost look like a rounder Chicago Bears throwback model. I love what we did- changed to all new materials and kept all collars, cuffs, and signature striping the same. Only 1 helmet, 2 jerseys and 1 pair of pants.

Edited for read-ability.

(And two spaces after sentences? Really? I don't get you people [and by "you people" I mean two-spaces-after-sentences people].)

Archived