College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

Wow, I'm amazed there's been such a positive response to my helmet design for UConn. Originally, there was a totally different design for the white helmet, so that's disappointing. Also, the blue helmet was supposed to be glossy so that the face in the stripe decal blended in with the helmet better...Such is life, oh well

And again, this is why matte sucks.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

F*** Nike if this the direction college uniforms are going.

Those helmets are atrocious. The white one looks less sh**ty than the blue one.

The uniforms themselves aren't horrendous, the collarwork is good. Piping is kind of random but I don't mind the red accents like many others here.

BIJyKdhCcAAqxRy.jpg

Ya see, the white helmet should be the alternate, and they should scrap that blue helmet completely, and stick with what they had. I also wish they would put the C logo on the side of the helmets too, because even though I like these, it would look loads better with a side logo.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I wish the people that sign off on these designs realized that matte helmets DON'T work for everybody, but hey, it's a trend, they can't be left behind and look lame. We don't wanna be classy & timeless like an LSU or Alabama or Texas.

Well like I said, the white helmet was originally completely different. Different stripe decals and it had the husky head on the side. I LOVED that design. I was sad they killed it.

Are you allowed to show us that or no, because I'm curious to see what that would have looked like.

white version

BIJuAXuCcAIhIjm.jpg

BIJyLOFCQAAq5zQ.jpg

I actually really like this. The blue helmet needs work on the stripe, but the white looks really good, and the addition of red looks good too. One concern I have is what the helmets look like from the side.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I believe this is a fanboy creation. This was posted at around 9:30 PM on the Tennessee Vols Fever FB page. The red "claw tear" design in the background doesn't help the credibility a lot either, however I thought I would throw it out there... and hopefully "throw it out" will be the option chosen.

529443_647551138595296_99707942_n.jpg

BroncosSig.jpg

Well like I said, the white helmet was originally completely different. Different stripe decals and it had the husky head on the side. I LOVED that design. I was sad they killed it.

uconnhelmet2.jpg

Damnit. If you're going to have matte helmets don't use shiny decals. Looks cheap as hell.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I believe this is a fanboy creation. This was posted at around 9:30 PM on the Tennessee Vols Fever FB page. The red "claw tear" design in the background doesn't help the credibility a lot either, however I thought I would throw it out there... and hopefully "throw it out" will be the option chosen.

529443_647551138595296_99707942_n.jpg

obvious photoshop.Cincybowlhelmet.jpg

uconnhelmet2.jpg

Now that would have been a great looking helmet!

spacer.png

Archived