College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be excited to watch those Southern Miss uniforms next year when they come to Nebraska. :)

Random USM tangent: Nebraska played USM in Lincoln last year and the Huskers were supposed to travel on the road this year to complete the home-and-home series down in Mississippi. However, Southern Miss realized they would have a bigger payout if they moved the game to a bigger, neutral site like Cowboys' Stadium and filled it to capacity.

They got a little scared that their own fanbase wouldn't show up in droves though, and Dallas is a decent jaunt from Nebraska as well. So the game got moved to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City to let more Husker fans sell out tickets. Still a neutral site, they were relying on our fan base to travel well and boost their cut of the ticket sales.

But they still weren't quite reassured, so eventually the game was moved BACK to Lincoln and Nebraska is paying USM a cut of our own gate, just like a normal away game for the Golden Eagles.

So, in conclusion, USM realized that they can make more money by playing on the road in a huge stadium and taking just a piece of the pie . It's technically an "away" game for Nebraska, so I wonder if we might wear the white jerseys? Who knows. It's quirky and hilarious. A "home-and-my-home-again" series?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I'll be excited to watch those Southern Miss uniforms next year when they come to Nebraska. :)

Random USM tangent: Nebraska played USM in Lincoln last year and the Huskers were supposed to travel on the road this year to complete the home-and-home series down in Mississippi. However, Southern Miss realized they would have a bigger payout if they moved the game to a bigger, neutral site like Cowboys' Stadium and filled it to capacity.

They got a little scared that their own fanbase wouldn't show up in droves though, and Dallas is a decent jaunt from Nebraska as well. So the game got moved to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City to let more Husker fans sell out tickets. Still a neutral site, they were relying on our fan base to travel well and boost their cut of the ticket sales.

But they still weren't quite reassured, so eventually the game was moved BACK to Lincoln and Nebraska is paying USM a cut of our own gate, just like a normal away game for the Golden Eagles.

So, in conclusion, USM realized that they can make more money by playing on the road in a huge stadium and taking just a piece of the pie . It's technically an "away" game for Nebraska, so I wonder if we might wear the white jerseys? Who knows. It's quirky and hilarious. A "home-and-my-home-again" series?

this is the sad reality that the big programs have become so large and financially dominant at home, combined with the insane tv money the landscape has been permanently shifted to the haves/have nots which is why we will see the top 64-80 schools split off to hoard all of the tv cash to themselves while the bottom 50/no guaranteed playoff schools of the fbs will be lost programs and will most likely fold or downscale back to I-aa

I wasn't aware that the game was moved back to Lincoln. Damn...I was planning on going to the game when it was here in town.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Montana State got a new logo:

539832_10151413377991242_1614921363_n.jpg

Old logo for comparison...

Montana%20State%20Logo%201997.gif

I'm going to be in the minority and say it's a bit of a downgrade. Not bad, but I liked the simplicity of the older logo.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The white space in the mouth of the new logo draws my eye. Not a good sign. Why wouldn't they just have the negative space in the mouth just outlined the Same as the rest of the logo?

Even with that, the logo is still an upgrade, though it's not much of one IMO.

Edit: Isn't that the NFL branding font?

CCSLC sig 2016.jpg

20kujjp.jpg

The jerseys don't look half bad, but those pants, yikes!

The pants are literally half-bad.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Who would have thought? Schools like UConn, Georgia, and Cal all unveil new logos that are completely terrible. Yet, Montana State can have an awesome upgrade.

don't make the Fraser angry. you wouldnt like him when he's angry

He's right though, save for UConn (decent). Awful.

Who would have thought? Schools like UConn, Georgia, and Cal all unveil new logos that are completely terrible. Yet, Montana State can have an awesome upgrade.

Really? I didn't think they were terrible at all, and keep in mind they are all secondary marks. This one is a primary logo for a school whos tradition isn't even close to the other ones.

Really? I didn't think they were terrible at all, and keep in mind they are all secondary marks. This one is a primary logo for a school whos tradition isn't even close to the other ones.

I liked them all think they could have been better & would have if Nike did not mess with them.

The Cals full bear logo looks a little funky but I really like UConns

According to USM folks I spoke to before the reveal, the main reason they were excited about the move to Russell was because of Nike's habit of sticking them with generic template uni's. "Our new Russell uni's are going to be unique", they loudly proclaimed.

Raycom All Star Classic 1.19.13 (uni's supplied by Russell)

841313_234167960053121_201330925_o_zps974844d6.jpg

792213_234167210053196_1793446511_o_zps8c14f7eb.jpg

At least the pattern on the numbers is different...right? :(

Archived