College Football 2013 Season

GriffinM6

I'll be excited to watch those Southern Miss uniforms next year when they come to Nebraska. :)

Random USM tangent: Nebraska played USM in Lincoln last year and the Huskers were supposed to travel on the road this year to complete the home-and-home series down in Mississippi. However, Southern Miss realized they would have a bigger payout if they moved the game to a bigger, neutral site like Cowboys' Stadium and filled it to capacity.

They got a little scared that their own fanbase wouldn't show up in droves though, and Dallas is a decent jaunt from Nebraska as well. So the game got moved to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City to let more Husker fans sell out tickets. Still a neutral site, they were relying on our fan base to travel well and boost their cut of the ticket sales.

But they still weren't quite reassured, so eventually the game was moved BACK to Lincoln and Nebraska is paying USM a cut of our own gate, just like a normal away game for the Golden Eagles.

So, in conclusion, USM realized that they can make more money by playing on the road in a huge stadium and taking just a piece of the pie . It's technically an "away" game for Nebraska, so I wonder if we might wear the white jerseys? Who knows. It's quirky and hilarious. A "home-and-my-home-again" series?

Another reason why the game was moved back to Lincoln is because the athletic department desperately needs funds to pay out Ellis Johnson's contract after firing him.

They can claim they didn't like the Nike templates, but I think they changed to Russell to save a few bucks.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be excited to watch those Southern Miss uniforms next year when they come to Nebraska. :)

Random USM tangent: Nebraska played USM in Lincoln last year and the Huskers were supposed to travel on the road this year to complete the home-and-home series down in Mississippi. However, Southern Miss realized they would have a bigger payout if they moved the game to a bigger, neutral site like Cowboys' Stadium and filled it to capacity.

They got a little scared that their own fanbase wouldn't show up in droves though, and Dallas is a decent jaunt from Nebraska as well. So the game got moved to Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City to let more Husker fans sell out tickets. Still a neutral site, they were relying on our fan base to travel well and boost their cut of the ticket sales.

But they still weren't quite reassured, so eventually the game was moved BACK to Lincoln and Nebraska is paying USM a cut of our own gate, just like a normal away game for the Golden Eagles.

So, in conclusion, USM realized that they can make more money by playing on the road in a huge stadium and taking just a piece of the pie . It's technically an "away" game for Nebraska, so I wonder if we might wear the white jerseys? Who knows. It's quirky and hilarious. A "home-and-my-home-again" series?

Another reason why the game was moved back to Lincoln is because the athletic department desperately needs funds to pay out Ellis Johnson's contract after firing him.

They can claim they didn't like the Nike templates, but I think they changed to Russell to save a few bucks.

Was just going to post this, but you beat me to it.

The downgrade to Russell, the buyout of a $2.1M contract and the relocation of the game all point to a struggling athletic department.

It's really too bad because Southern Miss is one of my favorite "secondary" teams. Always liked their branding and uniforms, and they generally field decently competitive teams. Looks like they might be in a bit of a spiral right now.

--EDIT--

Yup, just looked it up. Southern Miss is in the Top 30 teams for all time winning percentage. That puts them higher than Pitt, BYU, Stanford, Wisconsin, Arizona, Oregon, Oklahoma State and a slew of others.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

New UConn unis essentially the same. Appears to be the exact same template and piping with minor tweaks to color outlines. Also looks like a new white lid without a side logo and script on the back. Saw another shot that looked like it had modern striping down the middle.

UCONN5_large.jpg

UCONN6_large.jpg

LOVE what they did with the collars. i hate the red on the uniforms, but this is my favorite rebrand package of the year so far. logos and all unis look good

edit - ok Drew, you just ruined it for me.

Agree 100% on this. Really well put together through and through.

That blue helmet though...

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I like the UConn helmets, maybe more as an occasional thing, But I think it's a fun idea. They still could look terrible on the field, but I'm open to the idea. Hopefully the blue on the helmet matches blue on the stripe well enough that you can't notice where they meet (and vice versa for the white helmet)

I would have liked to see UConn go a different direction with the uniforms, but I feel as though if they had, it may have been worse, so adding red is OK I guess. They should have mimicked the basketball uniforms. I think I'm in the minority,but I like the helmet stripe, but not the huge "UCONN" on the back and the fact that the sides are void of a logo.

Archived