Talk of possible new Jaguars logo

makhlakh

Any word on who designed this, by the way. I'm wondering if it's one of Khan's friends/employees from Illinois, but I'm not sure.

I recall a specific designer show casing some mock-ups for new Rams logos that Khan had him do (or maybe he took his own initiative to do) when Khan was close to buying the Rams. (I saw them well after the fact when it wasn't a possibility.)

I can't remember specifics, but I remember thinking they looked like well done pieces but not logos, especially not sports logos. That's how I feel about the new Jags design, too, thus my curiosity.

I thought I saw someone post Studio Simon.

i'd be quite surprised if it were a Simon logo. dosen't look too strongly like anyone i know. my best guess is NFL Creative

HAHAHA, I just looked back, and someone was making a joke, about Mike Myers' Simon character from SNL. Whoops!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing how the combination of a few tweaks from various designers on this message board (that don't even know each other, mind you) can turn out better than what was created by professionals working in one of the most prestigious areas of logo design. I don't know if it's the fault of the artists who created the logo or the Jaguars organization for having little-to-no taste / sense of design, but it's extremely upsetting. For shame. Good work though CCSLC in blowing the new logo out of the water with some of the concepts/tweaks I've seen in the last few pages.

It's amazing how the combination of a few tweaks from various designers on this message board (that don't even know each other, mind you) can turn out better than what was created by professionals working in one of the most prestigious areas of logo design. I don't know if it's the fault of the artists who created the logo or the Jaguars organization for having little-to-no taste / sense of design, but it's extremely upsetting. For shame. Good work though CCSLC in blowing the new logo out of the water with some of the concepts/tweaks I've seen in the last few pages.

I agree, they proportionality of the actual logo is off and makes you wonder whether the designers looked at a pictures of an actual jaguars. The concept improvements by members of the board correct many of the issues, and actually give the jaguar the appearance of strength.

+1

but those guys who have shown their vision of it are professionals ;)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

I really don't get this sense of "I am right, everyone else is wrong" attitude many have shown here. Even some of the board's more respectable members have been caught up in it. I personally don't get how anyone can view the new logo as anything more than a comic book drawing, but I realize that some do like it and they are entitled to that. Despite this, a lot of these tweaks and concepts people have come up with are really good. I think the new logo has the right idea, but the execution just is not there. It needs more dynamism and boldness. Right now it is static and over detailed; just does not look like it belongs in the NFL. I think many of these concepts fix this, and, with a few tweaks, would be more appropriate for the team.

With all due respect, it seems that the only difference between your post and the people who you are referring to above is that you merely preempted your own rather staunch opinion with an obvious comment about everyone being entitled to their own opinion. I honestly don't find YOUR stance any different than anyone else's. You seem just as set in your way as every opinion mentioned in this thread.

Hey Strauss

Falcons. UGA. Hawks. Braves. Tottenham Hotspur. Atlanta United

Is this the same shade of blueish-teal/aqua/whatever that the Jags have used for a few years? This actually looks legit teal and not the more blueish shade we've seen.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Is this the same shade of blueish-teal/aqua/whatever that the Jags have used for a few years? This actually looks legit teal and not the more blueish shade we've seen.

Colors are unchanged, except for the addition of the Light Gold.

Colors are unchanged, except for the addition of the Light Gold.

Thanks for the clarification!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Guess I'll throw my hat into the ring!

NFL-JaguarsRedux_zpse461d730.png

Your version could be used for cap logos, and smaller merchandise items that use stitching. The main one will be used prominently, but I can't imagine how those other small items can fit that much detail in the logo.

Combine the simplified color scheme, more geometric shapes, and bold line work - particularly where the spots are concerned - of 1stDownCreative's take on the new logo...

jags.jpg

... with the proportions from shoresidejake's tweak...

FfWMgsX.png

... and add the eye from burgundy's take on the logo...

jaguars-redo_zps3a85143b.png

... and you'd have a winner.

So something like this...

skvqtlu.png

So something like this...

skvqtlu.png

Close but this one looks a little squished on the sides

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived