Warriors unveil jersey with sleeves

Derek

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remove the sleeves and you don't have that bad of an alt. Though that's assuming the pinstripes on the shorts follow the bridge cable design. Which I can't really tell from this angle. Kinda wish the had done the front of the primaries like this rather than just slopping the logo on there and cramming the numbers inside. On the homes it could be blue lettering/numerals with a gold logo and on the blues, gold in front of white.

Remove the sleeves and you don't have that bad of an alt. Though that's assuming the pinstripes on the shorts follow the bridge cable design. Which I can't really tell from this angle. Kinda wish the had done the front of the primaries like this rather than just slopping the logo on there and cramming the numbers inside. On the homes it could be blue lettering/numerals with a gold logo and on the blues, gold in front of white.

I agree. If you take the sleeves off, and use this design for the home and roads as well, the Warriors look even better!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I haven't read the NBA uniforms thread and I'm sure someone's made this point already, but there's no way these catch on. They're going to join Cooperalls and the White Sox shorts on the big uniform farm upstate.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Single worst uniform design I've ever seen. Looks like a soccer player's uni mated with a pool boy outfit. Unless the guy wearing it is totally ripped it just looks wrong. And the mismatched pinstrip shorts turn an already terrible idea into a hideous mess.

Seems like a natural progression, in a way. At every level below the NBA/NBDL/etc, players are allowed to wear sleeved shirts underneath their uniform tops. Even now, more players in the NBA are wearing visible compression jerseys. Adidas and the NBA are just taking it to the next step.

Does it look good? No. Looks very rec-league. Even in the NCAA, Evansville stopped with the sleeves years ago. I think the last time I saw sleeves on an on-court jersey, it was the Louisiana Tech women's team.

But with the current fashions getting baggier and longer than the past, I suppose it was inevitable.

This jersey doesn't look horrible. For a rugby team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Single worst uniform design I've ever seen.

chet-lemon.jpg

I'm sorry. What?

Nah the mismatched yellow and abuse of pinstripes still gives the Warriors the edge on basic design deficiency. Although the Chicago uniform does lose points for shorts on a baseball uniform. WTF were they thinking there?

But you're right these aren't the absolute worst uniforms ever. That title still belongs to these. I'd forgotten them because they were just too hideous to remember.

caribous-78-home-shirt_display_image.jpg?1316137024

I said it in the last thread and I'll say it again...I'm sure the NBA loves this because theyre just adding more real estate for advertisements...

EDIT: ah, and I just noticed that Uni-Watch came to the same conclusion...good for them.

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Yes. In addition to the sleeves, they inexplicably added pinstripes to the shorts without matching them on the jersey. The whole uniform will be a moving metaphor for the disaster that is the Golden State Wariors organization.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived