Warriors unveil jersey with sleeves

Derek

It kills me that someone is giving these the green light. That red one isn't too bad, besides the number color, but the grey tiger-striped jersey and the Warriors alt are both horrible. It's like someone at Adidas said "Let's make a basketball uniform with sleeves, figure out a way to botch that, then add the worst freaking designs on the planet. That'll get people talking about us!"

Actually following the philosophy that any publicity is good publicity, that's a pretty damn good idea.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like these, at least the red ones. And the gray ones would look pretty cool if they weren't camo. I think this is a good way to make sleeves work. Kentucky should look good wearing these.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I actually like these, at least the red ones. And the gray ones would look pretty cool if they weren't camo. I think this is a good way to make sleeves work. Kentucky should look good wearing these.

Agreed that the sleeves look good on these ones for 2 reasons

1. They have striping that make it look like a tshirt under a jersey

2. They are teenage kids not pro athletes

umm What is Adidas's obsession with sleeves?

The league loves it, first and foremost, and no one else is currently doing it. It stands out in the sea of sameness that is 21st century sportswear and merchandising.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

The league loves it, first and foremost, and no one else is currently doing it. It stands out in the sea of sameness that is 21st century sportswear and merchandising.

Not sure I'm buying the merchandising part. First, most fans won't look any better in these than tank tops. Second, the Bulls have had "shirseys" for sale for years.

And some of the talk coming out of the Adidas rep's mouth in the release was just absurd. I'm sure some will drink the kool-aid, but I'm not sure these jerseys are the revolution they've been made out to be.

Also, "no one else is currently doing it" is not always good justification. Sometimes there's a reason for that.

I am not living in the same "21st century sea of sameness" you are. If anything, teams are constantly changing in this century, often within the same season. That said, if the Warriors want sleeves to be "their thing," I could see that, but adidas didn't make it sound like that was the intention. Sounds like they want to template it up just like everything else. Right now with the tight t-shirt, mismatched golds and lack of pinstripes, it looks like these guys forgot to put their jerseys on over their compression shirt to me. Clean it up a bit and it could work, but I'm not seeing it right now. And I sure don't want to ever see the matching "performance" shorts.

That and eventually with sleeves they can put their trademarked triple strip on them. Just like they insist on doing with pretty much every soccer uniform they create.

Not sure I'm buying the merchandising part. First, most fans won't look any better in these than tank tops. Second, the Bulls have had "shirseys" for sale for years.

And some of the talk coming out of the Adidas rep's mouth in the release was just absurd. I'm sure some will drink the kool-aid, but I'm not sure these jerseys are the revolution they've been made out to be.

Also, "no one else is currently doing it" is not always good justification. Sometimes there's a reason for that.

I am not living in the same "21st century sea of sameness" you are. If anything, teams are constantly changing in this century, often within the same season. That said, if the Warriors want sleeves to be "their thing," I could see that, but adidas didn't make it sound like that was the intention. Sounds like they want to template it up just like everything else. Right now with the tight t-shirt, mismatched golds and lack of pinstripes, it looks like these guys forgot to put their jerseys on over their compression shirt to me. Clean it up a bit and it could work, but I'm not seeing it right now. And I sure don't want to ever see the matching "performance" shorts.

1. I didn't assert anything about people looking better in sleeves than tanks. 2. A lot of marketing and press release points sound absurd to people who can see beyond the PR. 3. Whether or not the sleeved jersey is a "revolution," it's unique to adidas, it makes a statement and it's definitely an identifier for the brand. It makes sense in the world we live in today (any pub is good pub/bad pub is better than no pub).

I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm not a spokesman. The question was, "What is adidas' obsession with sleeves?" I outlined that as succinctly as possible (in my own opinion, of course). What I meant by "sea of sameness" is not that teams aren't changing. Rather, it's the opposite. All sportswear has generally followed the same trends, though, and the trends are moving very quickly. It's almost constant flux. Football uniforms have gotten smaller. Shorts have gotten bigger. Footwear has gotten more lightweight and minimalist. Graphics have gotten more aggressive. Color and finish has gotten more gaudy or impactful (depending on how you look at it). Garment silhouettes have gotten more complex and technical. All generalizations, of course, but for the most part, the migration has been industry-wide. Sleeved court jerseys are a unique look in an category that has been dominated by tanks for the better part of a half century (or more).

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It'll certainly sell well amongst guys with less-than-muscular arms.

I don't agree. They are too tight. Anyone even a little overweight will not be flattered by these. T-shirt versions for $15 will be the way to go.

Is this what you would fear?

WarriorsTightUni_zpsea26c359.jpg

Do the Truffle Shuffle!!!

(hahahaha...childhood obesity)

This wallpaper shows how bad the uniform is. Even the patch for the California logo looks bad with another color of yellow its on.

http://i.cdn.turner....3_1920x1200.jpg

...yikes.

The players' facial expression says it all.

Jarred Jack is thinking, "please end this so I can get paid and get the hell out of here."

Why do they have to jack up the McDonald's game? They used to have some good looking uniforms but the last two years have been horrid. Leave them kids alone!

Because it's what the kids want! [/Horrible uniform apologist]

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Looks like jerseys may have been changed up some. Draymond in the middle has regular longer sleeves and jersey is not as tight fitting like the reveal.

1a7c837e7d5611e2b19622000a1f9d89_7.jpg

They also found more of the "goldenrod" fabric to make some shorts that match this time. Well, they *kinda* match, anyway.

Archived