Adidas sorta-camo; or: AAAAUUUGGGHHH! YOUR EYES!

PackerBadger

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's seems like the pattern that they use for these jerseys work best on red. If the will just tone down the Zebra stripes on all the other jerseys then they would be a little less of a eye-suicide mission.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

In all seriousness, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Think of it from a marketers point of view - there's a really good chance that all people will be talking about after the first two days of the tournament will be 1) what upsets happened, 2) how screwed up their bracket already is (or isn't), and 3) the shocking uniforms worn by these schools.

Louisville, Notre Dame, Kansas (and company) will a part of the day's sports news irregardless of whether they win or lose.

See why I'm surprised this hasn't happened much sooner?

I don't know what you're all talking about, I think these are amazing. The Zubaz-inspired print harkens back to the carefree days of the early 90s, the sleeves pay tribute to Patrick Ewing and all those who started the T-Shirt revolution in the 1980s, and...uh...the Notre Dame and Baylor uniforms in particular represent highlighters used by the student athletes in their day jobs...overall, these are revolutionary. Game changers for sure.

OK, adidas, can you please let my family go now?

Seriously, does Adidas own part of Zubaz brand?...What is the reason to retread one of the worst fashion choices to infect sports but to be obnoxious?...and obnoxious doesnt scream "big-time brand"

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

What I want to know is who are the guys who design/ approve these. Like seriously, who goes " damn, those are some fine looking uniforms." These are a joke. Adidas keeps falling farther down the Uniform maker ladder.

I suddenly have the urge to gouge my eyes out.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Who else knew what this thread was about when they read the title?

I definitely did. Saw these on Twitter early in the day, but avoided entering this thread because I knew what it was. Even mentioned it in another thread.

Now... the unis. Sad enough that Kansas and UCLA are doing this --did I see that Jayhawks fans are petitioning to stop this already? -- but Notre Dame going Shamrock Shake might be the worst of the bunch (and I'd love the Bucks in double-green... reversed).

But sleeves? Zubaz? Zubaz-patterned sleeves?! No and no and no.

It's like UCLA was clinging to it's traditional jersey as much as they could and said "surround it with whatever you want" and adidas obliged.

Obligatory adidas defense: "No one is doing this right now. You guys don't get it. Wait until you see our wrestling singlets for the 2014 NCAA basketball tourney teams. You'll wish the sleeves were back. But the Zubaz singlets are 5.9% lighter."

For those not inclined to click the link:

adidas.0_standard_730.0.jpg

Yup, not only is Adidas screwing over the NBA but they have their sights on screwing the NCAA. And I must say they are accomplishing it.

Huh. I didn't know it was 1993...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

In all seriousness, I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

Think of it from a marketers point of view - there's a really good chance that all people will be talking about after the first two days of the tournament will be 1) what upsets happened, 2) how screwed up their bracket already is (or isn't), and 3) the shocking uniforms worn by these schools.

Louisville, Notre Dame, Kansas (and company) will a part of the day's sports news irregardless of whether they win or lose.

See why I'm surprised this hasn't happened much sooner?

And this is why everyone in the marketing profession needs to be put to the sword. Time to start from scratch there.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Honestly zubaz could probably make a comeback, neon colors definitely have, snapbacks have, but they shouldn't be on a basketball court especially for the biggest most publicized games of the season, ESPECIALLY for some well respected basketball teams.

Archived