Rumor - Mariners going to creme colored unis?

larrypep

According to Ebbets Field Flannels' Facebook post, EFF is doing some "informal consulting" with the team and the M's are planning to incorporate creme colored uniforms for home. They (EFF) are also trying to push for old gold instead of teal as a secondary color.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to Ebbets Field Flannels' Facebook post, EFF is doing some "informal consulting" with the team and the M's are planning to incorporate creme colored uniforms for home. They (EFF) are also trying to push for old gold instead of teal as a secondary color.

oooooh. the thought of blue and gold tempts me. hope it happens.

spacer.png

Cream colored uniforms would be terrible for them. Removing the teal would be terrible for them. Using old gold would be terrible for them. Also, old gold won't look good when paired with cream. This would be about the worst thing they could do, as it would take them from having a unique colors scheme and using the cool teal color, to just looking like a bland ripoff of the crappy Brewers look which they shouldn't be wearing in the first place. This will be just like when the D-Backs dropped a great color scheme to switch to the crap the Astros never should have worn. You :censored:s started playing in 1977. Don't do faux vintage.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Facebook post FWIW:

Doing some informal consulting for the Seattle Mariners on their 2014 uniforms. They are going creme instead of white for the home (we love it). We are gently pushing for them to lose the teal and adapt old gold as the secondary color after navy.

I really hope they don't ditch the teal! Especially not for old gold. Regular gold I could live with. But please not another Navy/Old Gold team.

I'd love to see the trident and/or the pilots scrambled eggs come back. Would be unique to say the least...

EDIT: I wonder if they'll be the first team to adopt the faux-flannel away jersey pattern?

Anubis.png

Big mistake if they get rid of teal. One of those colors that was once overused, but now that every team is dropping it, I would hate to see the Mariners get rid of it too.

They're the Mariners, navy and teal evokes the ocean, cream and old gold does not.

70389454.png

*pulls out hair*

That facebook post is the exact opposite of what they should do.

We're almost to the point where every MLB (kiddie speak) team is wearing about what they should. Let's not mess up a good thing with the Mariners and a good thing with the rest of MLB (kiddie speak).

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Facebook post FWIW:

Doing some informal consulting for the Seattle Mariners on their 2014 uniforms. They are going creme instead of white for the home (we love it). We are gently pushing for them to lose the teal and adapt old gold as the secondary color after navy.

I really hope they don't ditch the teal! Especially not for old gold. Regular gold I could live with. But please not another Navy/Old Gold team.

I'd love to see the trident and/or the pilots scrambled eggs come back. Would be unique to say the least...

EDIT: I wonder if they'll be the first team to adopt the faux-flannel away jersey pattern?

I'm glad you posted the Facebook post because EFF has deleted their post. Why, I'm not sure, last I checked it was 90% pro-gold.

The Facebook post FWIW:

I'm glad you posted the Facebook post because EFF has deleted their post. Why, I'm not sure, last I checked it was 90% pro-gold.

Terrible idea. The Mariners need to embrace the teal as they have been. "Gently pushing" old gold? Why?! I'd love to hear the reasoning. Even if the Brewers dumped theirs for blue and yellow, it wouldn't make the decision any less wrong for Seattle. They have a modern classic uniform and color scheme and the teal's return to prominence has been embraced by the fans, by all accounts. It represents the best era of Mariners baseball (so far), so my guess is that even if they did switch, they'd eventually go back. The navy and teal is the defining look of the Mariners, IMO.

I was a little surprised to hear that a company is leaking 2014 info. I'm sure they deleted it because they weren't going to get much more MLB consulting work if they spill the beans.

(I also find it funny that I am more outraged by this than the Cubs thread.)

I am not a fan of either idea. I don't think a creme colored base uniform would look good with the Mariners Navy/Silver/Teal scheme, and I don't want them to change from that either. I'd say maybe they could do it if it was a Sunday-only uniform or something like that, but the "northwest green" jerseys are already filling that role, and they are awesome.

I don't know if EFF reads this, but I hope they do so they can see how poorly their idea was received by people who care about uniform aesthetics. The Mariners actually have a "New Classic" look (something developed in the 90's that looks good), and they have no reason to change.

Go Astros!

Go Texans!

Go Rockets!

Go Javelinas!

Archived