Charlotte Hornets?

Lights Out

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those side stripes on the purple uniform are brutal.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

^ Jazz are going to match it. Like the reports said, when you are a small market you have to overpay to get people to play for you

No, you don't. Charlotte lured Al Jefferson for only $41mil.

After the season's over, it appears to be a fair deal. When he signed it though people were pointing out that he earns more than Noah, Duncan, Parker or Ibaka.

And he was better than all of them last year.
And people still claim that the Celtics only got KG through some Laker-esque collusion. Not our fault Kahn preferred to draft 10 pgs and replace Al with Darko.
David Kahn wasn't GM of the Wolves when the KG trade went down...ex-Celtic Kevin McHale was.

Those side stripes on the purple uniform are brutal.

I was actually very fond of them before seeing them on a real person doing real basketball things. Now they seem VERY thick; the stripes themselves are too wide, and the amount of space they take up on the side panels is so wide that it's creeping into the front and back of the uniform. I still think they could work--even only on one side, a feature I like--but they need to be much thinner.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

We've been over this: Jordan Brand designed these. Any similarities to adidas' three stripes is purely coincidental. :)

Yeah I don't see the three stripes. I know what's being referred but it's not three stripes when the entire jersey is that color. The stripes are the blue and gray

Go A's!

great stuff from Charlotte for the All-Star bid city logo:

Bu2Evv9IUAAda42.jpg

I REALLY hope they get the bid b/c i'm still kicking myself for not going to Atlanta in 2004 for the ASW. Charlotte would be an easy 3-4 hr drive for me. :)

No doubt, Conrad. I may be biased, but I think that Charlotte is a lock for the ASW for one of those years. I also think that the logo is just about ready to go, although I know they'll change it.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Yea I dont know how prepared the city is for the hospitality that it all involves, but I certainly hope they can make it happen (and make a good pitch to the NBA today).

As mentioned above, we hosted the DNC two years ago. We have also already hosted an All Star game in 1991. Then you have Panthers games with 75k+ during the fall, as well as two huge NASCAR races just up the road in Concord. I think Charlotte will be fine, especially given a few years to prepare.

UUkgTjb.png

Why don't the owners want it?

Several owners don't want it.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why don't the owners want it?

Apparently it costs a lot and the returns don't really make up for that.
And the nba takes over the whole operation including tickets which shuts out the majority of season ticket holders who in turn get upset with the team. The league may even take concessions and parking , like FIFA (not certain though). Former Sixers owner Ed Snider (Flyers owner) vowed it would never again be in philadelphia. The sixers have new owners now, but snider still owns the arena so I don't see that changing. Apparently many of the players, their friends, handlers, etc are just jerks too.

It's cool for small market teams that just need attention, or Las Vegas where it's set up specifically to handle events like this (even though that was a disaster), but for most of NBA it doesn't make sense.

Archived