2013 NHL Off-Season Thread

Canucks sign Mike Santorelli, Jagr looks like he's off to Montreal.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess Seguin likes Dallas!

ku-xlarge.jpg

And that's why you don't let your friends get their hands on your phone, especially when you've been drinking.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

And that's why you don't let your friends get their hands on your phone.

Ziv9pT1.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Good luck in Boston, Iggy. The many pens jerseys and shirts with your name on them will be nothing more than a painful reminder of this year's collapse... and to not spend money on a rental player's merch. At least you didn't pull a Hossa (entirely).

Well a differenc there is that apparently the Pens wanted to keep Hossa and they would have fit him under the cap--it was his decision to leave--and with Iggy it was more that the Pens weren't as interested.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Good luck in Boston, Iggy. The many pens jerseys and shirts with your name on them will be nothing more than a painful reminder of this year's collapse... and to not spend money on a rental player's merch. At least you didn't pull a Hossa (entirely).

Well a differenc there is that apparently the Pens wanted to keep Hossa and they would have fit him under the cap--it was his decision to leave--and with Iggy it was more that the Pens weren't as interested.

True. Hossa took less than we offered to go to Detroit. Iginla did not, but then again we offered nothing so i don't blame him. I've just always had something against players going to teams they JUST lost to.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

So I guess Seguin likes Dallas!

ku-xlarge.jpg

Seguin's the same guy who was late to a meeting in Central Time because he thought he was on Eastern Time, now this. It's a miracle he doesn't score all his goals on his own net.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So now it looks like Philly will platoon Emery and Mason (what could go wrong?), is there any team out there that still needs a starter? The Sabres have a Ryan Miller that they have no use for...

This last week has been a big win for the Devils.

The Cult of Lou is back to full-on worship and i honestly think of all the teams, Los Diablos have improved the most over these past 7 days...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

So now it looks like Philly will platoon Emery and Mason (what could go wrong?), is there any team out there that still needs a starter? The Sabres have a Ryan Miller that they have no use for...

Edmonton, unless they're still claiming Dubnyk is a starter.

I like the Nathan Horton signing.

Okay goodbye.

I'll miss him, no doubt. Though he's a bit streaky and seriously, seriously injury prone. But he always came up big when it mattered, I guess. Depending on which Nathan Horton you get, good for you guys.

Hopefully it's not the Nathan Horton who likes to get injured during fights he starts. Other Nathan Hortonis quite a valuable player, but that guy's a doof.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

As an "I'm bored" post, here is my predicted West standings next year:

1. Chicago

2. LA

3. St. Louis

4. San Jose

5. Anaheim

6. Vancouver

7. Dallas

8. Winnipeg

9. Minnesota

10. Phoenix

11. Edmonton

12. Nashville

13. Colorado

14. Calgary

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I like the Nathan Horton signing.

Okay goodbye.

I'll miss him, no doubt. Though he's a bit streaky and seriously, seriously injury prone. But he always came up big when it mattered, I guess. Depending on which Nathan Horton you get, good for you guys.

He needs shoulder surgery so they're saying he'll be out until December. That's fine. Get as healthy as you need to.

I like it because it signals something the franchise has never had before. They landed one of the top available free agents, he legitimately wanted to come here, and for the first time they didn't have to overpay. It's amazing what a good half of a half season can do to turn around the perception of a franchise.

Also, I love the credibility and legitimacy that Jarmo Kekalainen and John Davidson bring to the CBJ front office. They have a plan and people around the league recognize that. This is the makings of a solid NHL roster. I'm very happy with the direction the franchise is going.

PvO6ZWJ.png

As an "I'm bored" post, here is my predicted West standings next year:

1. Chicago

2. LA

3. St. Louis

4. San Jose

5. Anaheim

6. Vancouver

7. Dallas

8. Winnipeg

9. Minnesota

10. Phoenix

11. Edmonton

12. Nashville

13. Colorado

14. Calgary

Is that with the new divisions? Or just ranking them from 1-14?

IbjBaeE.png

Archived