NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty cool: This guy got his dad, a lifelong Bengals fan a cap, signed jersey, and tickets to his first ever NFL game!

Wow. I've never heard of anyone being a voluntary Bengals fan. Nobody chooses this life.

Actually, I take that back. While waiting in the security line for the Monday Night game earlier this year I met two guys from Montreal (wearing Bengals lederhosen) who told me they've been Bengals fans since the early 90's. I was like "me too, but why?" We had a laugh.

My roommate's parents put on a pretty good tailgate, it'd be awesome if they could host those guys. I hope they give him a good show. I've been to too many disappointing games at Paul Brown Stadium.

edit: just did the math. They're 6-3 when I'm in attendance at Paul Brown Stadium. That's surprisingly good.

I'd venture to say that even if the Bengals get blown out 56-0, he'll have a great time. You never forget your first NFL game.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Bye Julio. Why did you have to get injured? Why?

Because Sherman burned Atlanta and cursed its sports teams before he died. That's why.

I can see why people hate you now.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Bye Julio. Why did you have to get injured? Why?

Because Sherman burned Atlanta and cursed its sports teams before he died. That's why.

I can see why people hate you now.

It was meant as a sarcastic joke. You know; every time one of their teams endure bad luck in grievous ways, it's essentially that "they get burned" in the process?

I give up.

Giants had 21 turnovers in 2012.

They're sitting at 22 for 2013, and that's in the space of 21 quarters this season. A turnover per quarter. Holy crap.

Oh Giants, what EVER shall we do with you?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I think the Giants play the Vikings...so no worries about 0-16.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This can also go in the World Is Going to Crap Thread

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-south-dakota-tragic/

Adrian Peterson’s absence from the Vikings’ Thursday practice was due to a personal situation that a source close to the NFL’s reigning Most Valuable Player describes as “tragic,” according to Pro Football Talk.

Stu Whitney of the Argus Leader reported Thursday on Twitter that Peterson was in Sioux Falls, S.D., dealing with a very serious medical issue involving a young family member that likely will become a police matter.

TMZ reports that Peterson’s 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the child’s mother.

A prosecutor is expected to address the situation this morning.

The Vikings said Peterson missed Thursday’s practice due to personal reasons. The Star-Tribune reports he is in Minnesota on Friday morning and is expected to address the media after practice.

This is so sickening, hopefully the kid pulls through.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

This can also go in the World Is Going to Crap Thread

http://tracking.si.com/2013/10/11/adrian-peterson-south-dakota-tragic/

Adrian Peterson’s absence from the Vikings’ Thursday practice was due to a personal situation that a source close to the NFL’s reigning Most Valuable Player describes as “tragic,” according to Pro Football Talk.

Stu Whitney of the Argus Leader reported Thursday on Twitter that Peterson was in Sioux Falls, S.D., dealing with a very serious medical issue involving a young family member that likely will become a police matter.

TMZ reports that Peterson’s 2-year-old son is currently in critical condition in a South Dakota hospital after he was allegedly severely beaten by the man dating the child’s mother.

A prosecutor is expected to address the situation this morning.

The Vikings said Peterson missed Thursday’s practice due to personal reasons. The Star-Tribune reports he is in Minnesota on Friday morning and is expected to address the media after practice.

This is so sickening, hopefully the kid pulls through.

This is starting to make the rounds here in Minnesota...It's flat out eerie to read the "two-year-old...attacked" portion of the headlines.

This may become TWO police matters if AP gets his hands on the guy.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The Eagles-Bucs game could be cancelled due to multiple players on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers squad that have MRSA, a bacterial virus that is highly contagious through skin-to-skin contact.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived