Chiefs Going Monochrome Today

Mitch B

Doesn't look to bad. Not great. But I don't mind a change up every now and then. Forgot who said it, but the monochrome look, looks a lot like the old Iowa State uniforms..

I don't mind Monochromed uniforms. Seahawks fan here, I actually like ours. But love when they do collegiate blue with gray pants.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not a monochrome fan, I especially don't like monochrome red.... but something about this just works. The only issue with this look is that it highlights the inconsistency between the red jersey's striping and the red pants' striping.

And here's what it would look like with consistent striping:

2dkw7kB.png

Perfect, IMO.

I've long wondered why they chose to make the stripes on red jersey sleeves (and red socks) and the red pants different. When worn with the correct jerseys everything works, but it's just curious.

As for the Chiefs in all red. Yuck. I honestly thought we were gonna see this years ago when mix and matching first became a trend. Because the Chiefs held out I kinda hoped management had put in a "no monochrome" policy. The stripes clash, it's just too much red (especially on the lineman who always look the worst in monochrome. The Titans' linemen today looked ridiculous for example) and it's not a look befitting a team of their ilk. The Chiefs were sort of the last vestige of classic teams with the ability to mix and match who hadn't yet mix and matched. I'm bummed they finally caved and I don't think it looked good.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's not that bad, IMHO. They just look infinitely better with classic red-on-white.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I'm not a monochrome fan, I especially don't like monochrome red.... but something about this just works. The only issue with this look is that it highlights the inconsistency between the red jersey's striping and the red pants' striping.

And here's what it would look like with consistent striping:

2dkw7kB.png

Perfect, IMO.

No, hot garbage. It would be incredibly dumb to mess up the striping on a classic uniform to conform to a pair of pants which it probably shouldn't have anyway for a combination which is terrible and should never see a field above the high school level.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I liked it at first sight. Now, It just gets worse each time I look at it.

It's the opposite for me, it looked strange at first sight, then quickly grew on me. Classic or not, I just don't like the matching helmet/jersey look for teams. Either do matching helmet/pants or monochrome, or matching jersey/pants if you must, but matching helmet/jersey? Just not my thing.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I wanna not like it, but I kinda do. I don't really think it works out as good as say Seattle's navy, white, or gray monochrome looks as well as Jacksonville black (doesn't include the helmet; yes as an unpopular opinion, I like their jerseys), but as a one time thing, it works. I do think that the darker colored monochromes work better than lighter colors, unless you're Oregon.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Archived