College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Texas Tech will be wearing the 2014 version of their Lone Star Pride uniforms tomorrow against UT,

I think I'm in the minority but I loved the original Maryland state pride uniforms with the crash dummy helmets. That being said I think state pride unis should start and end with Maryland. The state flag is part of the schools branding and it works.

This? This is just simultaneously butchering the look of both the Texas flag and techs nice regular uniforms. Especially when this is the third school people think of when they think Texas (and is basically south Oklahoma). Just unnecessary from UA.

Id say 4 or 5

Texas

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

I have to admit when I think of Texas teams I generally think of them in this order:

1. Texas A&M
  2. Texas
  3. Texas Tech
  4. Houston
  5. TCU
  6. Baylor

Texas A&M over Texas? Really? I mean maybe in the past couple years, when it comes to football, but when I think of universities in the state of Texas the number one has always been the Longhorns. I can see why you put Houston over TCU and Baylor though. Historically they have been in the spotlight more when it comes to their athletics, but I feel that is quickly changing with TCU now in high prominence being successful in the Big 12 and all, Baylor is rising up there too.

Quite honestly when I think of Lubbock the first thing I think of is Buddy Holly.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Texas Tech will be wearing the 2014 version of their Lone Star Pride uniforms tomorrow against UT,

I think I'm in the minority but I loved the original Maryland state pride uniforms with the crash dummy helmets. That being said I think state pride unis should start and end with Maryland. The state flag is part of the schools branding and it works.

This? This is just simultaneously butchering the look of both the Texas flag and techs nice regular uniforms. Especially when this is the third school people think of when they think Texas (and is basically south Oklahoma). Just unnecessary from UA.

Id say 4 or 5

Texas

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

I have to admit when I think of Texas teams I generally think of them in this order:

1. Texas A&M
  2. Texas
  3. Texas Tech
  4. Houston
  5. TCU
  6. Baylor

Texas A&M over Texas? Really? I mean maybe in the past couple years, when it comes to football, but when I think of universities in the state of Texas the number one has always been the Longhorns. I can see why you put Houston over TCU and Baylor though. Historically they have been in the spotlight more when it comes to their athletics, but I feel that is quickly changing with TCU now in high prominence being successful in the Big 12 and all, Baylor is rising up there too.

Quite honestly when I think of Lubbock the first thing I think of is Buddy Holly.

its going to be different for everyone. UT is "the" Texas school for me and i sometimes forget Baylor is in Texas. but tell me to name a quick sports team/school from TX and ill say the Cowboys

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Id say 4 or 5

Texas

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

• Texas A&M
  • Texas
  • Texas Tech
  • Houston
  • TCU
  • Baylor

I believe nuordr is a UKentucky guy so I can see how he would think of A&M first since they now share a conference with UK. Ever since A&M left the Big 12 I have found myself focusing more on the SEC West than the other Texas schools. Houston always felt more like a SEC city than Big 12 anyways.

Texas schools in terms of popularity outside of that region is probably something like this:

1. Texas

(a very large gap)

2. A&M

3. Tech

4. TCU
5. Baylor

6. Houston

...the rest.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Is anybody else watching the Cincinnati at Tulane game on ESPN2? Tulane's turf is awful. Alternating every five yards between a lush, almost Kelly green and brownish green.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Is anybody else watching the Cincinnati at Tulane game on ESPN2? Tulane's turf is awful. Alternating every five yards between a lush, almost Kelly green and brownish green.

Glad I wasnt the only one who though of that.

Oregon did that a few turf installments ago.
Didn't Nebraska have the same turf scheme a while back? And I thought Notre Dame did the same thing this season?

Oregon's was more light green-dark green. Not green and brown :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Oregon's was more light green-dark green. Not green and brown :)

I wonder if Oregon did their turf like their "Forest" basketball court what that would look like. Shades of Green instead of wood like BB.

Id say 4 or 5

Texas

Texas A&M

Baylor

TCU

1. Texas A&M
  2. Texas
  3. Texas Tech
  4. Houston
  5. TCU
  6. Baylor

That's a fluid concept though. A few years ago it was Horns first, Aggies second.

Originally, when the Big 8 expanded by adding 4 former SWC teams, the first three spots were unquestioned - and given to the three "best" Texas teams - UT, A&M and Tech. The fourth spot was being considered for SMU, Houston, TCU and Baylor somewhat equally, but Texas' Lieutenant Governor was a Baylor alum and made a big stink about it, so the Bears got it.

With Arkansas having defected from the SWC a few years before for the SEC, I always wondered what the Big 12 could have looked like with Arkansas as a member. The Hogs could have preserved their old SWC rivalry with A&M (although they have it again now in the SEC) and their presence could have anchored the South Division enough to possibly allow Oklahoma to flip to the North Division. While no conference will ever maintain a perfect balance between divisions, I have to wonder if preserving the Oklahoma-Nebraska rivalry might have shaped things differently.

On a personal level I can't complain because I really do feel like my team fits well into the Big Ten, but I wonder if the Big 12 might not have become even more dominant. Oh well, revisionist history.

so something similar to

North:

Nebraska

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Kansas

Kansas State

Mizzou

South:

Texas

Texas A&M

Texas Tech

Arkansas

Baylor

TCU

UConn is wearing white facemasks with the white helmets. Is this new? Usually it's navy masks with the white helmets, right?

Iowa has a camo logo on one side, and no logo on the left side (due to military appreciation probably). They look more like the Steelers than normal.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived