College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was going to post video but already done. It's amazing the artistry in this helmet maybe the NFL will change their one helmet stance soon and we can see some amazing one offs soon. If the tire tread was gone I think this whole uni would be great. Has Adidas given any info regarding the tread? Does it have to be there or are they just branding their uniforms? Either way it's a great set just because of the logo helmet shoes and the best thing is that maybe Kenny will be replaced in time to win out also this game should be a run away

A closeup image of the rusty facemask.

B1ICZubCQAI1-2X.jpg

They wore rusty facemasks back then?

Yeah they clearly went overboard with the faux aging/rust. As the color photos of the '39 originals show the helmets were pretty bright and clean (for leather).

I mean you have to think... It's honoring the 1939 team... Metal just doesn't stay clean cut for 75 years

I'm trying to follow this narrative here: They are honoring the '39 squad by pretending that they found the original 75 year old leather helmets and somehow these leather helmets had rusty facemasks attached to them? I guess typically I thought the intent of throwbacks was to recreate vintage designs with modern materials/equipment to best represent how they would have looked back when they actually played in them in '39. My point being that if you look back at vintage photos nobody at the major college level wore broken down leather helmets, they were bright and shiny leather, and if a player or two had a rudimentary facemask attached it's doubtful that the masks were rusty. Believe it or not they actually had equipment managers back then and had some safety standards.

As much as I think the rust and all isn't necessary for Texas A&M, I feel like it's more of a proof of concept. Proof that HGI can do just about anything they want with helmets.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Louisville has a new flat black/grey camo helmet. Only seen a picture of the back.

Here is the uniform: those tire treads look 100x worse on gray jerseys

10730967_10152499170713507_5405411460373

giphy.gif

It's now official CFB wears more gray/grey than MLB.

yes, this %100 agree.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

As much as I think the rust and all isn't necessary for Texas A&M, I feel like it's more of a proof of concept. Proof that HGI can do just about anything they want with helmets.

I remember the first couple of helmets they did and how amazed I was at the quality. I don't think they EVER anticipated the demand these helmets would get. They have to have grown immensely since this has started.

The Cal helmet is still one of my favorites, I just wish I could see what a yellow version would look like but i applaud our team for not giving in and having multiple helmets like 99% of the teams

21oodqs.jpg

calhelmet.0_standard_730.0.png

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

South Carolina is breaking out its black jerseys and pants for the first time in several years this Saturday against the Vols.

Neither the the official team store nor the presentation from last season when then released the tweaked striping pattern have shown a black jersey displayed with the current stripe iteration but I guess it may look something like this apparent knock off:

Mens-Nike-South-Carolina-Gamecocks-Garne

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2014/10/29/634898_gamecocks-will-wear-black-jerseys.html?rh=1

I remember the first couple of helmets they did and how amazed I was at the quality. I don't think they EVER anticipated the demand these helmets would get. They have to have grown immensely since this has started.

The Cal helmet is still one of my favorites, I just wish I could see what a yellow version would look like but i applaud our team for not giving in and having multiple helmets like 99% of the teams

21oodqs.jpg

Cal certainly has one of my favorite matte helmets.

This picture was floating around twitter yesterday

B1KdgGlCUAAroDd_zps2727e3f2.jpg

ojNNazQ.jpg

I know the logo will get lost on the helmet, but putting it in a ugly white circle is not the best problem solver.

I know the logo will get lost on the helmet, but putting it in a ugly white circle is not the best problem solver.

Works better than just a white outline (yes, I know that's the black helmet)

scar5-lg.jpg

ojNNazQ.jpg

21oodqs.jpg

Isn't the satin finish just a painting technique that any helmet manufacturer can do? I don't think you need to use a hydroskinning process for that. Don't get me wrong HGI makes really cool helmets but I think they are being given credit for designs that may just be simple paint jobs as opposed to their more elaborate creations.

Archived