College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 2011 Oregon played a "blue blood" school for the National Championship. That school went traditional, Oregon chose to forgoe school colours so that they could look like Team Nike. Oregon lost, and the eventual champs won looking like a football team.

In 2015 Oregon played a "blue blood" school for the National Championship. That school went traditional, Oregon chose to forgoe school colours so that they could look like Team Nike. Oregon lost, and the eventual champs won looking like a football team.

Should have broken out the green and gold Oregon ;)

I cannot wait for nike's "2nd place is the real champion" ducks merch to be available for sale.

Given their brand of prolific uptempo/no huddle and penchant for failing to deliver on the biggest stage the Ducks have effectively become the Buffalo Bills of college football. Not that there's anything wrong with that as we all remember the Bills fondly.

I cannot wait for nike's "2nd place is the real champion" ducks merch to be available for sale.

Given their brand of prolific uptempo/no huddle and penchant for failing to deliver on the biggest stage the Ducks have effectively become the Buffalo Bills of college football. Not that there's anything wrong with that as we all remember the Bills fondly.

Yeah but the Bills always managed to wear team colours. A novel accomplishment in this day and age :)

Yeah but the Bills always managed to wear team colours. A novel accomplishment in this day and age :)

Oregon Football: Legacy of the Bills dressed like the Raiders.

In 2011 Oregon played a "blue blood" school for the National Championship. That school went traditional, Oregon chose to forgoe school colours so that they could look like Team Nike. Oregon lost, and the eventual champs won looking like a football team.

In 2015 Oregon played a "blue blood" school for the National Championship. That school went traditional, Oregon chose to forgoe school colours so that they could look like Team Nike. Oregon lost, and the eventual champs won looking like a football team.

Should have broken out the green and gold Oregon ;)

As a Duck fan and hopeful student, I whole heartedly agree 100%

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Years from now people may look back at this game and not be able to recognize Ohio State, but I guarantee people will see the crazy wings on the helmet, and the seeming uniqueness of the uniform and know it is Oregon. That is what they have built.

I know it isn't what most of us on this site agree with, but the way I see Oregon is this: Ohio State is one of college football's biggest programs, but if you picked a random person off the street, any young kid, any old lady, any body, would they for sure be able to tell you that it was Ohio State? I would say less than half the time they would.

But if you did the same thing with any one of Oregon's crazy uniform, more non-CFB fans, and especially most of the kids would be able to tell you that it was Oregon.

And whether you like it or not, Oregon has built a huge and nationally recognized brand by doing the exact opposite of how it is usually done. But that's how it is. I'm pretty sure Nike isn't hurting one bit

requoted for posterity

PvO6ZWJ.png

Years from now people may look back at this game and not be able to recognize Ohio State,

That couldn't be further from the truth.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived