College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10169372_664866986895482_688216869060048

One more Oregon tidbit. HGI's Facebook is showing no 'O' on the back of the helmets (and matte black wings on the yellow lid).

I don't think the yellow helmet has matte black wings since the Nike press release still has the yellow helmet with chrome accents. The wings are probably only looking black due to whatever background/lighting they used for the photoshoot.

One more Oregon tidbit. HGI's Facebook is showing no 'O' on the back of the helmets (and matte black wings on the yellow lid).

I don't think the yellow helmet has matte black wings since the Nike press release still has the yellow helmet with chrome accents. The wings are probably only looking black due to whatever background/lighting they used for the photoshoot.

Aww, touche. Now that you say that the actual matte black helmet on the olive green uniform's chrome wings have a similar look as the yellow lid's wings.

Aww, touche. Now that you say that the actual matte black helmet on the olive green uniform's chrome wings have a similar look as the yellow lid's wings.

No problem. Nike wouldn't have issues with the chrome looking black if they actually used a background with actual color. I still don't know why Nike insists on always releasing uniforms with a black background and dark lighting when an actual lit stadium setting would be more apt.

Man, that yellow/white/yellow combo from Oregon is so great. I want to be friends with it.

Me too, I love when they emphasize yellow. I loved the iridescent color they used on the past set and hope it doesn't go away.

Is it me or is the silver in the yellow helmets more like a brushed silver as opposed to a chrome?

anybody know what the score bug and other graphics for the SEC network will look like? will they just use what ESPN does?

It's a subsidiary of ESPN, so I would assume they would. Games on the "SEC Network" the past few years used the same ticker and everything.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Don't quote me, but the ol' rumor mill was saying that Nike had a lot of problems with the wings on the Alamo Bowl jereys. Hopefully this is just a case of the military patches causing the feathers to discontinue. Either way these shoulder feathers seem much smaller than the Alamo Bowl uniforms.

On a side note this will be the first set of Oregon uniforms were I don't think there is a great improvement. The last set only had 3 seasons, but was my favorite Oregon look. The faux-back they had against Arkansas State is my favorite combination they've ever worn.

Seriously, I remember absolutely losing it when they wore them. They were beautiful uniforms. If they added a similar pant stripe like the new one, matching the feather designs, this combination would be downright perfect for me. The pants needed something.Bryan+Bennett+Arkansas+State+v+Oregon+Dx

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Man, that yellow/white/yellow combo from Oregon is so great. I want to be friends with it.

Me too, I love when they emphasize yellow. I loved the iridescent color they used on the past set and hope it doesn't go away.

Is it me or is the silver in the yellow helmets more like a brushed silver as opposed to a chrome?

Yep, definitely looks like more of a brushed look, which is so much more appealing than the chrome wings.

Yellow-Oregon-Football-Helmet-5.jpg

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

I think it's actually a gray jersey, according to the Nike press release. One mistake in that press release though is it says the away look has gray jerseys and pants, when they obviously went with yellow pants instead.

Archived