College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New UL-Lafayete unis

Screen_Shot_2014-05-07_at_2.49.09_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2014-05-07_at_2.49.32_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2014-05-07_at_2.49.21_PM.png

Those are actually pretty nice. The sleeve logos need to be bigger. That's my only major gripe.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I hate how the "Rajun Cajuns" are on the helmet and the jerseys....I would have preferred if they used the Fleur-de-lis logo on both sides of the helmet and took it off the shoulders and put TV numbers there.

spacer.png

If they added those UCLA stripes on the Lafayette unis it'd break up the monotony of these jerseys. Now they have the same design as LA-Monroe.

Granted the UCLA striping has evolved so much from what it once was under Adidas, I think the comparisons to LSU would be inevitable and that's not something ULL wants.

The ULL uniforms are just mock-ups they used for the press conference to announce the deal with Adidas. Below is a tweet from the head coach from yesterday:

Mark Hudspeth ?@ULCoachHud 2m

Great turnout today! Pumped about Adidas! Today's UNI's only mock ups! LOUISIANA will be big part of uni!! Also, 3 other Pants and jerseys!

So as anyone would expect, they will have multiple jersey and pant options. I expect probably at least 3 helmet options (white, black and red). Personally, I think that the "Ragin' Cajuns" script helmets will remain the primary design with a fleur-de-lis helmet option (or 2 or 3) in the mix like the ones they've worn recently.

13581554-large.jpg

gYH2mW9.png

i figured people on here would like them. they're plain. maybe people just like complaining?

I've got no issue with them other than having a helmet stripe but no jersey/pants stripe.

New UL-Lafayete unis

Screen_Shot_2014-05-07_at_2.49.09_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2014-05-07_at_2.49.32_PM.pngScreen_Shot_2014-05-07_at_2.49.21_PM.png

Those are actually pretty nice. The sleeve logos need to be bigger. That's my only major gripe.

The tiny fdl might be a tech fit limitation. I personally like these as I've always been a fan of the mid 90's minimalism, especially the inconsistency between the striped helmet and solid pants.

Adidas has become so predictable. They don't even design anymore; they only place.

Agree 100%. Their designs tend to work well on classic looks, but I never count on them to innovate.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Adidas has become so predictable. They don't even design anymore; they only place.

Agree 100%. Their designs tend to work well on classic looks, but I never count on them to innovate.

judging by their recent actions they may be withdrawing from the american football market altogether and let nike/ua duke it out...

byuwhiteout.png

byuroyalrevival.png

byublackout.png

I find the raised logo very interesting. I wish we could get more details on it. Plus, I wish BYU would drop the navy altogether and go back to the royal blue all the time.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Well when they do, this is what happens... :puke:

niu-wmu-unis2.jpg

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Well when they do, this is what happens... :puke:

niu-wmu-unis2.jpg

but even then it's a completely plain jersey, just with :censored:ty fonts

^Even there, though, it's the same thing. Placement of numerals, chest script/logo, either numerals or logo on sleeve. They've, for one reason or another, made jerseys that don't handle design I guess. No piping, rarely striping or anything innovative...and I guess I'm in the minority as someone who believes piping can still be done if done right.

And those pants are made-to-order crap. I covered three high school teams this year with the same thing.

byuwhiteout.png

byuroyalrevival.png

byublackout.png

I find the raised logo very interesting. I wish we could get more details on it. Plus, I wish BYU would drop the navy altogether and go back to the royal blue all the time.

Didn't they wear the black helmets with the raised logo last season?

Also, I agree that they need to go back to royal full time. Such a classic look.

gYH2mW9.png

As for Adidas, one of the worst things they did was using the ClipArt bird wings on the shoulders for every team that had any resemblance of a bird whatsoever. Owls and Falcons and Eagles. Whatever. They all had the same awful design and it was flat out disgusting.

A quick Google search reveals that they DID have slightly raised logos on the black helmets last season:

2012-byu-black-nike-football-uniforms-62byu-05-12-allblack-boydivey-620x934.jpg

I actually like the black tops. The blue pops pretty well (in these pictures at least). I think the black lid is a bit much though.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Archived