College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ULL uniforms are just mock-ups they used for the press conference to announce the deal with Adidas. Below is a tweet from the head coach from yesterday:

Mark Hudspeth ?@ULCoachHud 2m

Great turnout today! Pumped about Adidas! Today's UNI's only mock ups! LOUISIANA will be big part of uni!! Also, 3 other Pants and jerseys!

So as anyone would expect, they will have multiple jersey and pant options. I expect probably at least 3 helmet options (white, black and red). Personally, I think that the "Ragin' Cajuns" script helmets will remain the primary design with a fleur-de-lis helmet option (or 2 or 3) in the mix like the ones they've worn recently.

13581554-large.jpg

We should have known those were just "mock-ups." A Southwest Louisiana Lafayette uniform without Louisiana across it just wouldn't make sense for ULL.

I'm sick of you guys bagging on adidas when those are just catalog orders they are not Adidas's doing. Adidas only designs unis for big schools Michigan , UCLA , Texas a&m , Mississipi State, Tennesse.. etc

Even when Adidas designs uniforms, most of them are terrible.

The ULL uniforms are just mock-ups they used for the press conference to announce the deal with Adidas. Below is a tweet from the head coach from yesterday:

Mark Hudspeth ?@ULCoachHud 2m

Great turnout today! Pumped about Adidas! Today's UNI's only mock ups! LOUISIANA will be big part of uni!! Also, 3 other Pants and jerseys!

So as anyone would expect, they will have multiple jersey and pant options. I expect probably at least 3 helmet options (white, black and red). Personally, I think that the "Ragin' Cajuns" script helmets will remain the primary design with a fleur-de-lis helmet option (or 2 or 3) in the mix like the ones they've worn recently.

13581554-large.jpg

We should have known those were just "mock-ups." A Southwest Louisiana Lafayette uniform without Louisiana across it just wouldn't make sense for ULL.
True. You would have thought someone was murdered after the mocks came out without "Louisiana" on the front.

gYH2mW9.png

To go along with the clip art wings, Adidas schools like Arkansas State and Texas State both have the same generic claw marks instead of the wings.

The exact same premise...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Man, that yellow/white/yellow combo from Oregon is so great. I want to be friends with it.

I also wish they'd go to the apple green full time and get rid of the darker one.

I'm sick of you guys bagging on adidas when those are just catalog orders they are not Adidas's doing. Adidas only designs unis for big schools Michigan , UCLA , Texas a&m , Mississipi State, Tennesse.. etc

yep

AmPJ0Ty.png 

yep

The only unis that adidas seems to have gotten right were Notre Dame's Shamrock Series uniforms from 2011 and 2013, Michigan's UTL jerseys, and Texas A&M's latest design. They could never get Michigan's home or away jerseys to work, to the point that they had two different away designs being worn in the same game. Mississippi State doesn't get on the list because it seems like they just decided that since A&M didn't like one option, let's offer it to someone else who has the same colors, even if they are in the same division of the same conference.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Adidas has become so predictable. They don't even design anymore; they only place.

Agree 100%. Their designs tend to work well on classic looks, but I never count on them to innovate.

Well when they do, this is what happens... :puke:

niu-wmu-unis2.jpg

"Innovate"

AmPJ0Ty.png 

In my broadcasting class our professor would flip anytime he saw the term First Annual. He emphasized it should be inaugural.

My brother does the same thing. He was a mass communications major and is now an English teacher. To be fair, I think they have a point.

gYH2mW9.png

Archived