Fictional Football League - Team 5/50 - Reno Added on page 5

PlatinumAmphibian

Hailing from the Carolinas, I've always thought that Asheville is overlooked too often; a lot of history to play around with there. Other than that Raleigh-Durham, Wilmington, and Salisbury are all solid choices. Pretty much any town in South Carolina will do, but Charleston and Greenville jump out at me right off the bat.

|CAROLINA PANTHERS|CHARLOTTE HORNETS|NC STATE WOLFPACK|CHARLOTTE KNIGHTS

UPRSD0f.png

WRZY3Z6.png

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like an interesting project. I consider two states to be "home" for me, so:

Wisconsin - Racine, La Crosse, Madison, Eau Claire, Kenosha

Minnesota - Duluth, St. Cloud, Rochester, Mankato, Winona

Not only is Milwaukee the biggest city in Wisconsin, but it's by far the biggest in the entire country without an NFL or D1 football team.

But if you want a smaller town, any of the above will do. Although you may want shy away from Madison, with a major college football team already in town.

Sounds like an interesting project. I consider two states to be "home" for me, so:

Not only is Milwaukee the biggest city in Wisconsin, but it's by far the biggest in the entire country without an NFL or D1 football team.

Or Austin and Columbus.

That's what- She

Or Austin and Columbus.

Unless you're a Michigan or A&M fan trying too hard to be clever, you should probably re-read that statement.

The great state of Arkansas! More than likely you'll want to do it as a state rather than a select city and for that you would want to consider:

• Ducks/Mallards
  • Twisters
  • Naturals
  • Diamonds
  • Miners

If you wanted to narrow it down to a certain city here are the largest & most known:

• Little Rock (capital city)
  • Fayetteville (home of the UofA - Razorbacks)
  • Fort Smith
  • Hope (home of Bill Clinton & Mike Huckabee)

The "Little Rock Arkansans" could be a good name because people who live in Arkansas are none as "ARKANSANS"

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

The great state of Arkansas! More than likely you'll want to do it as a state rather than a select city and for that you would want to consider:

• Ducks/Mallards
  • Twisters
  • Naturals
  • Diamonds
  • Miners
If you wanted to narrow it down to a certain city here are the largest & most known:
  • Little Rock (capital city)
  • Fayetteville (home of the UofA - Razorbacks)
  • Fort Smith
  • Hope (home of Bill Clinton & Mike Huckabee)
The "Little Rock Arkansans" could be a good name because people who live in Arkansas are none as "ARKANSANS"
Please tell me that is a bad attempt at a lame joke and not a serious suggestion.

Hi,

A few suggestions:

Utah Salt Lake City Stars (Play on old Utah Stars of the ABA) American flag Red white and blue logo uniform

New Mexico Albuquerque Amigos Play on New Mexico

Montana Billings Miners or Diggers (Mining is major industry)

Wyoming Cheyenne Calvary (Wild West and minor league football team with the name)

West Virginia Charleston Charlies (old minor league baseball team name)

But if you want a smaller town, any of the above will do. Although you may want shy away from Madison, with a major college football team already in town.

Obviously I know this, but I read the original post and it said "preferably don't have another professional team in the city" and took that to include other sports besides football.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Some Suggestions for locations with no professional teams:

Louisville, Kentucky

Fresno, California

Lincoln, Nebraska

Dayton,Ohio

Austin, Texas

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Birmingham, Alabama

Albany, New York

Lexington, Kentucky

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

South Dakota:

Sioux Falls in the East, Rapid City in the west, Pierre (pronounced pier) in the middle.

ideas for nicknames:

Rivermen

Turbines (From Hydroelectric power)

Buffaloes/Bison

Wolves

Coyotes

Antelope

Reapers/Threshers

Cattlemen/Ranchers

Lets go with the South Dakota Rush in regards to Mt. Rushmore

For PA, you could go with my hometown, Bethlehem. It's in the Lehigh Valley (1,000,000+ population). Bethlehem is known for Bethlehem Steel, a huge steel plant that closed down due to foreign competition. It's a pretty big sports area, the minor league team here has the best attendance of any minor league team.

And I would add more red to both jerseys. I think the black/grey looks a little plain here

Archived