NL West: Los Angeles, San Francisco**, Arizona, Colorado, San Diego

AL Wild Card: Texas over Kansas City

NL Wild Card: Atlanta over San Francisco

ALDS: Boston over Texas, Detroit over Oakland

NLDS: Los Angeles over Atlanta, St. Louis over Washington

ALCS: Detroit over Boston

NLCS: Los Angeles over St. Louis

World Series: Los Angeles over Detroit

you know, I never really have published a W-L projection for this system (I mean, I did run numbers but I'm not sure I agree with them; don't ask me how that works), so I'll just give a straight run down.

AL East:

1. Boston

2. Tampa Bay*

3. New York

4. Baltimore

5. Toronto

AL Central:

1. Detroit

2. Cleveland

3. Kansas City

4. Chicago

5. Minnesota

AL West:

1. Texas

2. Oakland*

3. Anaheim

4. Seattle

5. Houston

Detroit, Texas, Boston, Tampa Bay def. Oakland in AL WCG

NL East:

1. Washington

2. Atlanta*

3. New York

4. Philadelphia

5. Florida

NL Central:

1. St. Louis

2. Cincinnati*

3. Pittsburgh

4. Milwaukee

5. Chicago

NL West:

1. Los Angeles

2. San Diego

3. Arizona

4. San Francisco

5. Colorado

LA, Washington, St. Louis, Atlanta def. Cincinnati in NL WCG

LDS:

(2) Texas def. (3) Boston - 3-1

(1) Detroit def. (4) Tampa Bay - 3-1

(3) St. Louis def. (2) Washington - 3-1

(1) Los Angeles def. (4) Atlanta - 3-0

LCS:

(1) Detroit def. (2) Texas - 4-2

(1) Los Angeles def. (3) St. Louis - 4-1

World Series:

(1) Los Angeles def. (1) Detroit - 4-3

Surprise surprise, I have Detroit in the World Series again (and losing). That's three straight years of this. I'm a sucker for that team.

spacer.png

All these pitching injuries make me really question why I have developed the "pitching wins championships" in Fantasy Baseball. Because jeez, pitchers just cannot stay healthy.

Maybe it should be changed to healthy pitching wins championships

Proving my point that when I finish dead last in my fantasy sports money leagues every year and cite that the whole thing is based off "luck" is accurate. :lol:

So the Padres win the U.S. MLB opener because Brian Wilson couldn't command either a change-up or slider to save his damn life.

It's also kind of effed-up how the Dodgers already have three regular season games under their belt, yet it's still March and 28 teams haven't even opened-up their campaigns yet. They will have endured three unique Opening Days by the end of the week (Australian, U.S., their own home opener on Friday).

So the Padres win the U.S. MLB opener because Brian Wilson couldn't command either a change-up or slider to save his damn life.

It's also kind of effed-up how the Dodgers already have three regular season games under their belt, yet it's still March and 28 teams haven't even opened-up their campaigns yet. They will have endured three unique Opening Days by the end of the week (Australian, U.S., their own home opener on Friday).

That's quite the schedule they have this year.

I always thought Wilson was kind of an overrated pitcher. The media just loved him for his bearded craziness.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

The Reds are a MASH unit right now and I don't know how they're going to score runs this season, but it's Opening Day in Cincinnati and that's always cause for celebration.

Plus it's a great excuse to duck out of work early.

PvO6ZWJ.png

With the Tigers getting rid Prince Fielder, who's average number of double plays hit into is about as big as his stomach, I think the Tigers have a shot at finally wining their first World Series since 1984. It won't be easy, as I predict that they'll face Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates in the Fall Classic.

imagejpg1_zpsbdf53466.jpg
image.jpg1_zpswbnsopjp.jpg

Thought it was interesting that when Bonds was introduced to the Pittsburgh crowd (prior to giving McCutch the MVP trophy), the PA only recognized Bonds as the 1990 and 1992 MVP winner. No mention of Bonds being baseball's all-time home run leader (unless I missed it).

With that said, it looks like Bonds is trying to lose the hardass-ego maniac side of him and be more personable. Great idea for him to accept the invite, be applauded by the Pirates' crowd, and present the trophy.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Cubs/Pirates went to 10 innings in a pitchers duel/hitters suckfest before the Buccos win.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

It's the little things that remind us that baseball isn't yours. I feel embarrassed for everyone, especially the CanCon Randy Newman who made that song.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

"Cubs in five"? As much as I want to make that joke, even I know it takes more than five games to be eliminated from the race.

:upside:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived