New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really interesting to me that the Browns were able to keep the tweaked logo and new wordmark under wraps until the moment they were officially unveiled, but we've now had two leaks with the jerseys. I wonder if the backlash they received on the logo/wordmark launch has caused them to change course with how they've introduced the jerseys, going with an "soft launch" to ease the transition for the fan base and set expectations.

The photo of the white jersey in particular looks way too polished and selectively cropped to be done by someone outside the organization. Looks way more like a tease than a true leak.

The drop shadow really does ruin this jersey. Drop Shadows are so 90s and this version of it is awful. Going up. Really ruins the design for me

That style of drop shadow without an outline on the number is so 90's high school. Does not look good.

The jerseys look like they're not going to turn out like the Buccaneers barn fire, but now I don't understand why the Browns are changing at all.

Also I think this confirms all jerseys will have the drop shadow (Or would it be an upper shadow? lol)

This will make the uniforms a disaster.

Man, I love this board in April... when the NFL leaks start, it's like Christmas for everyone who loves jumping to snap conclusions (like me).

I think every member of this board should be able to get out of jury duty just based on our posts. I know I personally refuse to wait for all the evidence... where's the fun in that?

I am a Browns fan and the boards I'm a member of , the over whelming sense is. It's not too screwed up.

Most don't like the Orange Jersey.

But don't mind the striping.

In the grand scheme of things about 1% of the population is going to care about the angle of the drop shadow.

But that is the reason why this discussion board is here so that 1% can say how uniforms are a disaster because of it.

Most Browns fans would be thrilled if these were the designs.

Wonder what the marketing-speak will be for the upper shadow-- This represents the light that comes from ... beneath us? This represents how the team is falling down?

Actually in truth it will probably have to do with the Lake Erie coast running west to north of the city. So since the lake is generally northwest of the city so is the shadow.

It shouldn't be too difficult for them to just say "We had drop shadow numbers in 1946 for our first season so we are bringing it back." Alot more people would buy into it if they were straight up about it instead of being weird.

Right now most Browns fans are pretty mad about the uniforms. Calling them "Walmart jerseys" and cheap looking. Mainly because they aren't smart enough to realize that these are replicas, not the actual game jerseys.

It's really interesting to me that the Browns were able to keep the tweaked logo and new wordmark under wraps until the moment they were officially unveiled, but we've now had two leaks with the jerseys. I wonder if the backlash they received on the logo/wordmark launch has caused them to change course with how they've introduced the jerseys, going with an "soft launch" to ease the transition for the fan base and set expectations.

The photo of the white jersey in particular looks way too polished and selectively cropped to be done by someone outside the organization. Looks way more like a tease than a true leak.

the difference being though is that when unveiling a logo there is no merchandise being sent to venders before hand, unlike the jerseys at their unveilings being sent out prior too to make sure they can be sold the day of the launch.

Wonder what the marketing-speak will be for the upper shadow-- This represents the light that comes from ... beneath us? This represents how the team is falling down?

"...the drop shadow originates from the upper left corner - or the northwest direction - because the Browns are located in northeast Ohio... :censored: wait..."

The drop shadow really does ruin this jersey. Drop Shadows are so 90s and this version of it is awful. Going up. Really ruins the design for me

That style of drop shadow without an outline on the number is so 90's high school. Does not look good.

The jerseys look like they're not going to turn out like the Buccaneers barn fire, but now I don't understand why the Browns are changing at all.

Also I think this confirms all jerseys will have the drop shadow (Or would it be an upper shadow? lol)

This will make the uniforms a disaster.

Man, I love this board in April... when the NFL leaks start, it's like Christmas for everyone who loves jumping to snap conclusions (like me).

I think every member of this board should be able to get out of jury duty just based on our posts. I know I personally refuse to wait for all the evidence... where's the fun in that?

Yeah me too but how many times have we changed our opinion on the uniform since Nike took over when we thought they would look bad... If the leaks are true & I believe they are I would have to say that none of what those in the know said makes sense... It does not look like a fourth color has been added that has been reported many times or that they went in a more drastic change either... The Cleveland wordmark looks kind of stupid that big & the rise shadow or whatever does nothing for me so I would still have to give it a downgrade... However it is not as bad as I thought...

This update has the feeling of 1984 all over again. Replace a fairly well liked vintage styled uniform with a relatively generic striped football uniform. Other than the CLEVELAND aspect there's nothing egregiously wrong about the new jersey design but there is not a single aspect of the new uniform that is an improvement over their traditional look.

This literally change for the sake of change.

This update has the feeling of 1984 all over again. Replace a fairly well liked vintage styled uniform with a relatively generic striped football uniform. Other than the CLEVELAND aspect there's nothing egregiously wrong about the new jersey design but there is not a single aspect of the new uniform that is an improvement over their traditional look.

As a Browns fan, I welcome any change with open arms. I know that people on this board think that the Browns look is timeless, and it is. Although they're uniform is one of the best currently doesn't mean they shouldn't change. The Browns needed a slight indentity change and they are doing just that. They just need to switch it up to try and get as far away from "lolbrowns" as possible. In my opinion this isn't change for the sake of change, it is change because slight change is needed.

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe so from our perspective, but it's always kind of different within the organization. We can fawn all we want over the beauty of their "classic, traditional" look; however, to those within the organization, they see a uniform that represents to people that team who hasn't one a championship since before the Super Bowl was a thing, that team had to move and was replaced with a new one that fans had to accept was "the same team," that team who has busted out with every single quarterback that they've taken a chance on in the new era, that team that looking at them springs one word to mind: "mediocrity." The changes here seem to be meant to finally move the team's general perception into a new era without sacrificing the integrity of their original brand (hence why the browns appear unchanged). Like I said, it may seem silly and unnecessary to us, but things really are just way different here than they are in there.

I just wish they would unveil them already so I can get myself used to the New Browns Order already, dang it.

Maybe so from our perspective, but it's always kind of different within the organization. We can fawn all we want over the beauty of their "classic, traditional" look; however, to those within the organization, they see a uniform that represents to people that team who hasn't one a championship since before the Super Bowl was a thing, that team had to move and was replaced with a new one that fans had to accept was "the same team," that team who has busted out with every single quarterback that they've taken a chance on in the new era, that team that looking at them springs one word to mind: "mediocrity." The changes here seem to be meant to finally move the team's general perception into a new era without sacrificing the integrity of their original brand (hence why the browns appear unchanged). Like I said, it may seem silly and unnecessary to us, but things really are just way different here than they are in there.

I just wish they would unveil them already so I can get myself used to the New Browns Order already, dang it.

So basically 1984 all over again like I said.

You get a completely new uniform but the overall visual identity remains so similar that an change (dare I say rebrand) looks utterly pointless. If you want a new direction I'd suggest an actual redesign with the existing colors. This is just a lot of inconsequential tweaks that amount to nothing really new.

You get a completely new uniform but the overall visual identity remains so similar that an change (dare I say rebrand) looks utterly pointless. If you want a new direction I'd suggest an actual redesign with the existing colors. This is just a lot of inconsequential tweaks that amount to nothing really new.

...Unless if what we've seen is the new primary.

Because it's easier to change the uniforms than it is to get good players.

especially when you are trying to get them to play and live in Cleveland

Agreed. It's not like a Cleveland team could ever get a free agent the caliber of Nick Swisher, Michael Bourn, LeBron James, or Kevin Love. Oh, and a manager/coach on the level of Terry Francona, ha ha ha ha...

...wait, they're all with Cleveland teams right now?

oh, alright, nevermind then.

That would not be a positive.

So if orange is the new primary, then add a brown mask, tweak some striping your net effect is that you've transformed the browns in to Bowling Green. Congrats on the rebrand.

My take on the new uniforms (if these are indeed them).

So close yet so far. If the stripes just stopped on the sleeve like normal sleeve stripes and the "Cleveland" was more the size of the "Browns" on the 2014 jerseys, these would've been fine, maybe even great. Unfortunately, it is reminiscent of the Vikings set, a good concept ruined by poor execution of the concept.

Agreed. It's not like a Cleveland team could ever get a free agent the caliber of Nick Swisher...

Yes, Nick Swisher is exactly the caliber of free agent he was expecting Cleveland to sign.

The point is that the Indians can get any player they have the money to afford (Swisher and Bourn on the sharp end of that). If we can't sign a player, it's because we don't have the revenue of megamarket ballclubs like the Yankees,Cardinals, Marlins, and Reds, not because players refuse to play here regardless of the money.

Archived