New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

b6ayios.jpg

That's 2 out of 3. Now let's see the brown jersey!

Hold up a sec. Look at the shoulder numbers on the Orange jersey, note the distance between said numbers and the collar. Now look at white jersey and note that the orange on the top right runs into the collar and does not appear to be folded over.

Me thinks there's a pattern/yoke on the away jersey.

It's folded over, as indicated by the shadow.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure. That would be a really strange fold. It looks to me more like some design element that ends where the collar seam begins.

Maybe there is no brown jersey.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

b6ayios.jpg

Hold up a sec. Look at the shoulder numbers on the Orange jersey, note the distance between said numbers and the collar. Now look at white jersey and note that the orange on the top right runs into the collar and does not appear to be folded over.

Hmmm... I'm not so sure. That would be a really strange fold. It looks to me more like some design element that ends where the collar seam begins.

9 uniform combinations means there is a brown jersey. don't tell me it will be gray when there has been no gray anywhere else in the identity and the only mention of gray was a report from a beat writer months ago.

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

b6ayios.jpg

Is it a shadow...or a stripe? :upside:

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

b6ayios.jpg

9 uniform combinations means there is a brown jersey. don't tell me it will be gray when there has been no gray anywhere else in the identity and the only mention of gray was a report from a beat writer months ago.

There is actually gray on the inside of the jersey if you look that means that the 3rd jersey will be gray of course

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

b6ayios.jpg

Is it a shadow...or a stripe? :upside:

Haha - very well played!

It's odd that the number/shadow/stripe doesn't look to be on the opposite sleeve. Seems like there would some kind of mark or glimpse of an outline in this limited view.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

That style of drop shadow without an outline on the number is so 90's high school. Does not look good.

The jerseys look like they're not going to turn out like the Buccaneers barn fire, but now I don't understand why the Browns are changing at all.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I could honestly see them doing Orange tv numbers and brown chest numbers similar to Michael Vick at Va Tech.

Would those be the first mismatched sets of numbers on a single color jersey since the early 90s Pats?

Technically no. Look at Seattle, the TV #s are plain "wolf" grey and no outline. The regular #s are "wolf" grey with the feather pattern in slightly darker "wolf" grey with "action" green outline. Although a stretch I think it counts.

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

The collar outline (it appears that way) suggests two things. The Browns might not use flywire since flywire doesn't allow that kind of design. Look at the Cards and their collar design when they were forced to flywire.

Secondly, it could just be a bad stitch job, but it just seems like if this is part of the design, then it might be brown to match the dropshadow. I wonder what it would look like on the other jerseys.

Go A's!

The collar outline (it appears that way) suggests two things. The Browns might not use flywire since flywire doesn't allow that kind of design. Look at the Cards and their collar design when they were forced to flywire.

Secondly, it could just be a bad stitch job, but it just seems like if this is part of the design, then it might be brown to match the dropshadow. I wonder what it would look like on the other jerseys.

It's a game jersey not an Elite so it could still have fly wire on those, you can still barely see the seam that would separate the flawier part from the rest of the collar

CBwyFuNUEAAUGSu.jpg

b6ayios.jpg

There will be a brown jersey.

Jaguars

Wonder what the marketing-speak will be for the upper shadow-- This represents the light that comes from ... beneath us? This represents how the team is falling down?

Actually in truth it will probably have to do with the Lake Erie coast running west to north of the city. So since the lake is generally northwest of the city so is the shadow.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Wonder what the marketing-speak will be for the upper shadow-- This represents the light that comes from ... beneath us? This represents how the team is falling down?

Actually in truth it will probably have to do with the Lake Erie coast running west to north of the city. So since the lake is generally northwest of the city so is the shadow.

It shouldn't be too difficult for them to just say "We had drop shadow numbers in 1946 for our first season so we are bringing it back." Alot more people would buy into it if they were straight up about it instead of being weird.

bSLCtu2.png

In the grand scheme of things about 1% of the population is going to care about the angle of the drop shadow.

But that is the reason why this discussion board is here so that 1% can say how uniforms are a disaster because of it.

Most Browns fans would be thrilled if these were the designs.

It shouldn't be too difficult for them to just say "We had drop shadow numbers in 1946 for our first season so we are bringing it back." Alot more people would buy into it if they were straight up about it instead of being weird.

In the grand scheme of things about 1% of the population is going to care about the angle of the drop shadow.

But that is the reason why this discussion board is here so that 1% can say how uniforms are a disaster because of it.

Most Browns fans would be thrilled if these were the designs.

Right now most Browns fans are pretty mad about the uniforms. Calling them "Walmart jerseys" and cheap looking. Mainly because they aren't smart enough to realize that these are replicas, not the actual game jerseys.

Archived