New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

I'm having a really hard time imagining Donte Whitner reacting the way he did to the leaked jersey.

Was he reacting to the jersey alone or the full uniform?
The pants are still a wildcard if those jerseys turn out to be correct. They could really kill the overall look.

butt stripe anyone?

Ummm...?

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That concept doesn't show gray, though. It shows a deep sand color. I think a dark gray/gun metal gray will look great.

It's more of a warm gray. Most people think cool gray when they hear gray.

Its sand. It looks more yellow than gray. Its sand. Its not gray.

Im a Browns fan and you put to much faith in Browns fans caring.

Most I know don't mind the Orange jersey.

And if the team wins nobody gives a rats ass.

That last statement is not true. There are some, albeit a very small minority, that want their favorite team to look good, win or lose. I am one of those fans.

A fear of mine is that the Bengals might actually win a Super Bowl in the monstrosities they currently have and we'll be stuck with them forever. Of course, the Bengals will never win a Super Bowl, so I don't lose sleep over it. :P

That concept doesn't show gray, though. It shows a deep sand color. I think a dark gray/gun metal gray will look great.

Google PMS Warm Gray. Warm Gray has more of a warm feel to it, or as you may call it, "sand".

Google PMS Warm Gray. Warm Gray has more of a warm feel to it, or as you may call it, "sand".

Well, you could ask me, since I "mixed" it. I started with a true middle gray, and tinted very vaguely with brown to warm it up.

If you go to a beach, and the sand is that color, do not go in the water.

Who gives a crap what color it is, it's not a team color and should not be used on the uniform.

Not that this really helps justify anything, but there was one other team in years past that did the lift-shadow thing--and sure enough it was also "northwest":

24271_01_lg.jpg

that one almost makes sense though.. at least the number shadows kind of mimic the mountain shadows....

I never realized how messed up that jerse was. Theres no way the word mark should be shadowed at that angle considering the motion that's implied by the motion lines after the ZZs. It's giving me a headache thinking that the letters are moving right (due to the shadow), but they're somehow also moving left (due to the motion lines).

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not that this really helps justify anything, but there was one other team in years past that did the lift-shadow thing--and sure enough it was also "northwest":

24271_01_lg.jpg

that one almost makes sense though.. at least the number shadows kind of mimic the mountain shadows....

I never realized how messed up that jerse was. Theres no way the word mark should be shadowed at that angle considering the motion that's implied by the motion lines after the ZZs. It's giving me a headache thinking that the letters are moving right (due to the shadow), but they're somehow also moving left (due to the motion lines).

Well, the direction of the letters don't affect the shadow. If light is coming from one direction, the shadow will always be coming from that direction.

Secondly, I don't think this is a shadow. It's at an angle, giving the image of a 3D lettering. Notice the teal borders the entire letter. I think it's a 3D wordmark at a slight angle to show the depth of the word.

Go A's!

I don't get all the hate over the larger front wordmark. Just because it isn't done by any current teams at the NFL level, doesn't mean it will look bad.

I can think of dozens of college teams that look great with large front wordmarks.

264,475 views ? most of any on the board, most popular team on ccsl :wacko: ?

Well when you start a thread a whole year before the uniform is actually unveiled, you're going to get a lot of views.

Plus it's a NFL team, so people are going to turn out in droves to see the new uniforms/leaks/rumors.

I don't get all the hate over the larger front wordmark. Just because it isn't done by any current teams at the NFL level, doesn't mean it will look bad.

I can think of dozens of college teams that look great with large front wordmarks.

High school teams too.

Which is why the NFL teams look bad when they do it. The NFL should be in a better aesthetic tranche than college or high school.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

High school teams too.

Which is why the NFL teams look bad when they do it. The NFL should be in a better aesthetic tranche than college or high school.

The same can be said for a NFL team having a blank helmet. Oh wait.

Archived