New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the weekend leaked pictures of the alleged new look of a white and orange jersey hit social media like a firestorm, but the authenticity of them is in doubt. The reason is simple: retailers dont have them yet and they will not start receiving the new jerseys for sale until after they are unveiled next Tuesday evening at the Cleveland Convention Center.

They can doubt it if they want, but no one is denying them either. They're the real deal.

In an effort to prevent leaks from retailers, the new merchandise will not be available for purchase around town immediately. Local retailers will receive the new uniforms to sell later next week.

But nothing will prevent leaks from the sneaky guy within the Browns personnel. :)

Over the weekend leaked pictures of the alleged new look of a white and orange jersey hit social media like a firestorm, but the authenticity of them is in doubt. The reason is simple: retailers dont have them yet and they will not start receiving the new jerseys for sale until after they are unveiled next Tuesday evening at the Cleveland Convention Center.

They can doubt it if they want, but no one is denying them either. They're the real deal.

In an effort to prevent leaks from retailers, the new merchandise will not be available for purchase around town immediately. Local retailers will receive the new uniforms to sell later next week.

But nothing will prevent leaks from the sneaky guy within the Browns personnel.

apparently the leaks have been from people who work at retailers like Dicks

The author of that article had a talk with one of the 'leakers' who admitted he faked some jerseys to rile fans up (either the white jersey or the orange ones. That's why the author has been delving into whether any of those were real. They're not. Probably some cheap chinese knockoffs somebody bought in bulk for a hundred or so.

As for 'in doubt'... if you deny that they're new, you're giving someone a clue of what they'll look like. Easy to let people sweat it out.

I think the "College" vs "Professional" uniform argument is blown out of proportion. Today, most of the innovation in uniforms takes place at the college level (jersey cuts, helmet finishes etc.) so saying "that's a college look" doesn't seem like it should really be used negatively toward a uniform.

Well, that's because these colleges aren't above whoring themselves out and completely leaving their uniforms to the whim of shoe companies. The NFL allowed those awful Reebok/Adidas jerseys for some players, but it wasn't until Nike got the recent contract that they ceded most of the league to a proprietary manufacturer template. Colleges wear multiple proprietary templates per year in some cases. Also, in large part because the college teams are shoe sluts, they wear multiple random alternates and change uniforms every few years, whereas NFL teams have generally been far more settled in terms of wearing jerseys for long stretches.

As opposed to the NFL, Who let Reebok pipe and side-panel us all into submission for 10 years.

The original pipping and side-panel uniform...

john-elway-ap1.jpg

Created by Nike.

The author of that article had a talk with one of the 'leakers' who admitted he faked some jerseys to rile fans up (either the white jersey or the orange ones. That's why the author has been delving into whether any of those were real. They're not. Probably some cheap chinese knockoffs somebody bought in bulk for a hundred or so.

As for 'in doubt'... if you deny that they're knew, you're giving someone a clue of what they'll look like. Easy to let people sweat it out.

The jerseys in the leaked images (at least the orange jersey, not enough detail to go on for the white jersey) are not Chinese knockoffs. They are 100% Nike "Game" Jerseys ($99 Replicas).

Jerseys of the counterfeit variety, almost universally have sewn on numbers (with extra shiny material, and "bubbly" quality which make easy to spot)

Example:

Real Nike Elite Fake Nike Elite:

BackComparison.jpg

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Gosh, then I guess that throws about 20 pages worth of useless commentary and rash opinions down the drain; all of it for naught. Boy, does it make me wonder sometimes what it'd be like to still be a part of that blissfully ignorant majority who will never experience these harsh details of a bizarre obsession with sporting aesthetics.

tumblr_m3c6yyfdJZ1qjrf89o1_400.gif

Just bring 'em on already, Cleveland, so we can finally move on with our miserable lives. :')

As opposed to the NFL, Who let Reebok pipe and side-panel us all into submission for 10 years.

The original pipping and side-panel uniform...

john-elway-ap1.jpg

Created by Nike.

16b8189053177965695f847ecfd447be45739ce7

Have to admit you got me there. LOL :oops:

Nobody ... I mean nobody ... circles the wagons like The Buffalo Bills

Gosh, then I guess that throws about 20 pages worth of useless commentary and rash opinions down the drain; all of it for naught. Boy, does it make me wonder sometimes what it'd be like to still be a part of that blissfully ignorant majority who will never experience these harsh details of a bizarre obsession with sporting aesthetics.

tumblr_m3c6yyfdJZ1qjrf89o1_400.gif

Just bring 'em on already, Cleveland, so we can finally move on with our miserable lives. :')

That's called PR damage control but if you want to believe it go right ahead. The photos are too good to be doctored but its a quaint story.

I like that you can still turn on an NFL game and know immediately who is playing... how often do you turn on a game on Saturday, and have to look for the score to see who is playing.

I have never had this problem 100% serious

ap_texas_texas_tech_football_684338701.j

You turn on this game and, oh hey, its UT and umm... "hey Zak pause it, "what does the front bumper say on his helmet??? Oh yeah Texas Teach, how did I not know that was Tech?"

Now for the HS part... this is Allen HS (the guys with the $60MM football stadium), in their traditional Helmet and Uniform635510672411441215-kylermurraybigger.jpg

And their helmet used during a few games during the 2014 Playoffs

10616634_10203483846235474_5815573397240

How long until a second helmet is the norm rather than the exception for high schools.

The NFL's bad uniforms of the '00s aren't even close to Pro Combats and the other trash from college.

To be fair, there are over a 100 D-1 colleges and only 32 NFL teams. So just by pure numbers, there are likely going to be some worse college looks.

Some of the very WORST NFL uniforms of the past 30 years are bad not because of their "newness" (which some here still have a phobia about and think anything worn in 1967 was automatically better then anything worn today) but because they are just ugly. The Browns uniforms which they are FINALLY s-canning were horrible. Played out. Tired and wheezing to the finish line and should have been burned years ago. Too many old-ass elements that haven't been in vogue in any sort of football uniform in decades. They finally wised up and got at least into the 21st century it appears.

The Redskins current uniform is a complete mess. That isn't a "new" uniform either. The Cowboys? Mismatched to the hilt. Not a 2000's uniform either. Both should follow Cleveland's lead and get into the 21st century. And with their money-thirsty owners, I'm surprised they haven't done it yet either. Maybe once they see how Cleveland's rebrand goes (and likely how well received it will be beyond the nerds here) they'll get the program in motion to rebrand and/or retool their threads.

Are there some bad rebrands in recent NFL design? Cincy's sucked when they did it 15 years ago and it still sucks today. Tampa has some good elements with their new design but a few too many really bad elements which hurt the overall look.

Its all about what you do with what you got. And remember its 2015. Not 1973 anymore. The things that may have looked dope in the Nixon administration, probably don't work so well today. Some classic design does work and always will. Some don't and never will. And once again, not everyone has to be "traditional" in the way they look. Its OK for a few teams to wear grey facemasks and play the "traditional" card. Its more then OK for some teams to go the other way too. Its why Alabama and Oregon are both so well received in college football. Complete opposites of the spectrum. One traditional with some modern elements. One modern with actually some traditional elements. There's room for both. Even big, bad, evil Nike knows that. :)

I like that you can still turn on an NFL game and know immediately who is playing... how often do you turn on a game on Saturday, and have to look for the score to see who is playing.

I have never had this problem 100% serious

I cannot belee dat but you must really know the uniforms of all teams or not watch many games....

If these leaks are fake, it will be the greatest fake leak in the history of fake leaks.

They're real.

I've heard, from a few different places, that the Browns are the ones planting fake leaks. Everything from the orange jerseys and the Whitner tweets were all planned.

I don't think they are that smart. But it would be impressive.

If these leaks are fake, it will be the greatest fake leak in the history of fake leaks.

They're real.

I've heard, from a few different places, that the Browns are the ones planting fake leaks. Everything from the orange jerseys and the Whitner tweets were all planned.

We are talking about a franchise who literally makes headlines every month for something stupid, for some sort of blunder, for some something that is NOT good. I, too, have a hard time believing they could ochestrate something like that.

That being said, the Donte Whitner tweet was pretty suspicious.

Even if that were true (which is a huuuuuge stretch), why would they leak jerseys that are fairly vanilla? Wouldn't it be to their benefit to leak something especially bad so the real ones look good by comparison?

That's called PR damage control but if you want to believe it go right ahead. The photos are too good to be doctored but its a quaint story.

They're real.

Of course we won't know for sure until the actual reveal, but I think I have to agree, at least in respect to the orange jersey. If fake, that is one elaborate set-up and a lot of work just to troll a miniscule portion of the public (basically...us). The white one... yeah, I could see it being fake... something about that orange upper detail rings false. But the orange? On a rack with other merchandise behind it? That would be an epic troll, if it isn't real.

Archived