The Creamers & The Concepts Hall of Fame

drdougfresh

TheCreamers_zps8aab760e.png

The concepts world is changing and growing every day, this is going to be an ever-growing Academy of concept artists. GFB and I drew heavy inspiration from the Academy Awards for this concept. It's meant to highlight the best of the best, selected by the best.

// GUIDELINES //

Recipients of the prestigious Creamer Award will be measured against the following guidelines:

• Quality over Quantity (10 exceptional concepts are better than 95 standard concepts)
  • Original Ideas
  • Deep and Well Rounded (does the concept go above and beyond?)
  • Concept Originated on or near the CCSLC

None of these criteria are impossible by any means, but they will require dedication, innovation, and a certain "x-factor" that is not found commonly in concepts.

// AWARDS //

On an ongoing basis, we will be awarding 7 awards per year:

• Best Overall Concept
  • Best (Individual Sport) Concept
  • Best Concept Series
  • Rookie Of The Year
  • Most Improved
  • Most Helpful C&C Giver
  • Best New Template

Members winning Creamer Awards will receive their own award photo for use in their signature/avatar, as well as a permanent link commemorating their victory, listed below.

// HALL OF FAME & THE ACADEMY //

The Academy (or Hall of Fame) will be selected by the panel on an annual basis. This will include 3 users and 5 concepts every year, as well as the one member and concept that won Best Concept. Each panel member will nominate their top 10, and we'll use a reverse point system to determine the top 3 members and top 5 concepts for that year's enshrinement. In addition to being inducted into The Academy, these users will be allowed to vote on future ballots for The Creamers.

// THE PANEL //

Nominations and voting will be handled by a panel consisting of the following community members:

• drdougfresh - Doug Houvener
  • GFB - Matt Kauzlarich
  • CJWorks - CJ Zilligen
  • raysox - Michael Taylor
  • mattwillcox - Matt Willcox
  • creativelysain - Jordan Sain

// THE MISSION //

I have no doubt that many of us (if not a majority) found and joined this forum because of the concepts section. We've learned from it, been frustrated by it, been inspired by it, and been disappointed by it. It's been the springboard for several people's careers, reignited others' design passions, and even taught several people new skills. It's a rare cache of creative activity and feedback, and it's something that we need to nurture, or it's going to continue to decline in health. These awards are a way to create something for new and established artists to compete for, to aspire to, and to be proud of. It is my hope that the community will openly compete for these awards, and hold them in high regard.

There are 12 Inaugural Creamer Award Recipients, listed below. These are concepts and threads hand-picked by GFB and I to represent the best overall body of work, and serve as a general guideline for the standard of excellence The Creamers dictate.

theacademy_zps30a5223f.png

Davidson // CJWorks // PCGD // Raysox // Jaha32 // Robbman21 // Sparky Chewbarky // JuliusSeizure // AndrewHarrington // Conrad // Ren69 // GFB // Buc

// CHARTER WINNERS //

3D Rendered Helmet Tutorial // Davidson // THREAD // AWARD

Personal Football League Redesgin // CJWorks // THREAD // AWARD

The America League // PCGD // THREAD // AWARD

Yakball Association // Raysox // THREAD // AWARD

Elite Basketball Alliance // Jaha32 // THREAD // AWARD

Alternate Universe Series // Robbman21 // THREAD // AWARD

4 New NHL Teams That Should Be // Sparky Chewbarky // THREAD // AWARD

International Football League // JuliusSeizure // THREAD // AWARD

Adidas Techfit and Nike Pro Combat Vector Templates // AndrewHarrington // THREAD // AWARD

Fonts by Conrad // Conrad // THREAD // AWARD

Updating Vintage Logos // Ren69 // THREAD // AWARD

The New Blue & Gold Project // js° // THREAD (IMG / IMG / IMG / ARTICLE) // AWARD

// DISPLAYING YOUR AWARD //

Should you receive a Creamer Award and decide to display it in your signature, it is highly recommended that you point the image back to this thread, so this becomes a point of reference for future members.

// REASONING //

These awards are not a competition. We don't want people rushing their concepts, trying to sneak in under-the-wire to make the awards. In fact, we're hoping for the exact opposite, that this causes the artists of this forum to slow down and really dive into their concepts. We're trying to recognize the artists and members who go above and beyond, even when there wasn't seemingly an award for it.

// PREVIOUS WINNERS //

2014 Awards Ceremony

Best Concept // drdougfresh - 2013 NCFA Media Guide //

Best Individual Concept // mcrosby - Navy Midshipmen Logo //

Best Concept Series // raysox - US Soccer 2030 //

Most Improved // CAB - Sample //

Rookie of the Year // Daniel_Ramone93 - Sample //

Best C&C // BrandMooreArt //

Best New Template // Jayjackson3 -- “New Baseball Template” //

2015 Awards Ceremony

Best Concept // drdougfresh - 2014 NCFA Media Guide //

Best Individual Concept // AndrewHarrington - For the Pittsburgh People //

Best Concept Series // TheOneAndOnlyMau - NCFA Nike Pursuit Series //

Most Improved // JCRGraphix - Sample //

Rookie of the Year // McElroy19 - Sample //

Best C&C // MBannon92 //

Best New Template // TheOneAndOnlyMau - “Riddell Speed Flex Helmet” //

• Like 4

Hand-drawn NHL needs to be in here as well.

Also, just short on replies (119), but JJSCOTT's Michigan Wolverines logo concept.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

All are deserving of course, but I can honestly say I am shocked not to see pcgd's The America League; a 68 team, three teir league complete with jersey's, logo's, a backstory, and the hand drawn concept. One of the most indepth concept ideas I have ever seen that was actually completed!

Additionaly, I have to throw in GotPixel's NFL2, such amazing, creative work must be applauded.

DLWatt.png

There are 2 more that we're still ironing out at the moment, but as mgdmhl said, there will always be snubs.

GFB and I have been working on the structure a little bit more today, I'll post some revisions this evening.

All are deserving of course, but I can honestly say I am shocked not to see pcgd's The America League; a 68 team, three teir league complete with jersey's, logo's, a backstory, and the hand drawn concept. One of the most indepth concept ideas I have ever seen that was actually completed!

Additionaly, I have to throw in GotPixel's NFL2, such amazing, creative work must be applauded.

Yeah, how the heck did the America League not get a nomination? I second that one, along with Raysox's US pro soccer series.

QPR%20Sig.png

There are always snubs guys, besides great leagues like these only come out every once in a while

Although, I'll give y'all a list of leagues I think should deserve some future consideration:

- pcgd's America League

- Raysox's US Soccer 2030

- GotPixels's NFL 40/NFL2

- HVF's MLF

Also, can a mod pin this? I think it would definitely be useful pinned and not falling into the hole of dead concepts.

• Like 1

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Wow. I just now saw this and I want to say a very sincere, heartfelt thank you. This is truly an honor and honestly it's something I'm going to be proud to tell other's about. I gotta say this has already been a very cool week for me here in the CCSLC between passing my 10 year milestone as a member and then being a charter member of the CCSLC Hall of Fame. Wow is really all I can say. Thank you for the honor, I can say that a whole lot of love and hard work have gone into the Alternate Universe series', and I'm glad that they both keep growing and evolving the way that they have after over 6 years after they were first conceived and over 4 years since the first post was made. Besides that, I never in a million years thought that I'd be creating a whole new type of concept, but every time I see anything involving "alternate universe" on this board I smile and eagerly check out the thread to see what new ideas and approaches are being brought to the table. Thank you all again so very much.

Robb

98Falcons.png

Now that's an acceptance speech, Robb :) We're happy to have you listed as a charter member, you've inspired a lot of people to do great work on the forums.

Just a heads up to everyone that I've laid everything out a little better, and the panel has been set. I'd encourage you to take the time to read through it.

////

As a bit of a kickoff, we're going to be announcing finalists for the 2013 Creamer Awards in the coming weeks, with the "Awards Show" being held on April 1st. Stay tuned!