Rite of Spring '14: Can you fall asleep with a panic switch?

The_Admiral

Looks like this years final four, regardless on the outcome of the LA series, gives me someone to cheer for in the Rangers. Can't say I'm not happy with that. And all the original 6 nonsense aside, this one might end up being a classic, although not a particularly high scoring one.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Price and Lundqvist meet again.

This is gonna be a battle. Two very similar teams, with a solid back six and decent skill up front. If only the Rangers could thaw out Rick Nash.

Also Lucic was supposedly being a total plug in the handshake line threatening Dale Weiss and Alexei Emelin.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So, we're 3/4th's of the way to an all-BASS (well, sort of) final four in the playoffs.

Infrared's primary-turned-secondary team is in. Icecap tends to cheer on the last-remaining Canadian team, and they just advanced. CS85's Blackhawks are in. All that's left are Still Mighty's Ducks to make it......

A Rangers - Ducks final would certainly make things interesting on the show.

BB52Big.jpg

Looks like this years final four, regardless on the outcome of the LA series, gives me someone to cheer for in the Rangers. Can't say I'm not happy with that. And all the original 6 nonsense aside, this one might end up being a classic, although not a particularly high scoring one.

Truth be told, the idea of the Original Six is over fetishized. Especially when you consider that only two of the six were actually around when the league was formed. And one of those two was only created to screw over Eddie Livingstone (Go Leafs Go!).

That being said? All the whining about the Original Six is sooooo overblown. Look, I'm sorry Sharks/Predators and Senators/whoever will never capture the imagination of hockey fans like Leafs/Habs or 'Hawks/Wings. A final four that's 3/4 Original Six wouldn't get anything more then a "eh, that's neat" from me normally. Given the whiners who complain about the "prominence" of the Original Six though? It's fun to see. If only because of the panties being twisted because of it.

Thank you Rangers for making the next round easier for the Bruins!

Arrogance. This is what you deserve. Go Habs Go.

The wrong team won tonight

It wasn't even close. Boston needed Montreal to implode to win game two, and they crapped the bed pretty hard against the Habs in game six, when the Bruins should have been at their best to close out the series early. If I'm looking at this series as a whole? Montreal was the better team.

For the love of god, stop chanting "Hiller" after John Gibson allows a softie.

the worst helmets design to me is the Jacksonville jaguars hamlets from 1995 to 2012 because you can't see the logo vary wall

I predict some heroics from Mike Richards in the third. He's been eerily quiet as of late, too good to be this quiet.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The wrong team won tonight. The Bruins would have won this series easily had the refs not been biased dickholes to them.

You sound like a Canucks fan :P

I predict some heroics from Mike Richards in the third. He's been eerily quiet as of late, too good to be this quiet.

Eerily quite as of late? *lol* So does late include October, because he's been quite all year. I think the last time he scored was in the Stanley Cup Finals against Jersey! *lol*

The real reason why the Hockey Gods gave us this Eastern Conference Final matchup was because Dale Weise and Raphael Diaz were traded for each other earlier this year and this is just the way of getting some closure on that trade.

Wait, the trade involved the Canucks and Habs, and not Rangers and Habs? Oh who cares. This narrative isn't getting destroyed now that it's been created by one twit.

spacer.png

The wrong team won tonight. The Bruins would have won this series easily had the refs not been biased dickholes to them.

Oh, shut up. The right team won. Don't blame the refs for Boston embarrassing themselves - they have a habit of doing that in big games (sans 2011). Congrats Montreal. Go Ducks.

SwA9adL.gif

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived