2014 FIBA World Cup uniforms

Delux247

Does anyone have a timeline for the uniform releases of the 24 countries?

I know the USA begins training at the end of July and the tournament is late August thru mid-September.

Personally, I think the US MNT has done a great job with their uniforms for the past 4 competitions.

2012 Olympics

2010 FIBA WC (my faves)

2008 Olympics

2007 FIBA Am

2006 FIBA WC

2004 Olympics

ujsignature.png

• 1 month later...

I think the "black:" is supposed to be navy. These aren't too bad in my opinion. I am still not a fan of the USA they have there. I'm sure that the women's uniforms will just switch the red and navy.

Looks like shiny uniform fabric (dri fit) is back in fashion. How long until we see it back in football?

it is dri fit i bet, but thats nike..

based on my experience with photoshop effects and cover making, its really easy to replicate this effect as well...it just makes it stick out a lot more than it will actually be

Sleeves are coming to Europe:

B8Kktl3.jpg

jurwalx.jpg

Three stripes on not only the jerseys but the shorts, color perforations from the Made in March system, sleeves, and the logo on both the jersey and shorts (in case you couldn't already tell)...I think they got the name of this team wrong; it should read "Adidas".

On the other hand:

10525961_695295870542988_368250126971447

Really like the red Spanish uniforms.

I totally agree. And I'm assuming that there's not a corresponding yellow or a red for the U.S. because of some rule that you have to have one white uniform and one color.
"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Sleeves are coming to Europe:

B8Kktl3.jpg

jurwalx.jpg

Three stripes on not only the jerseys but the shorts, color perforations from the Made in March system, sleeves, and the logo on both the jersey and shorts (in case you couldn't already tell)...I think they got the name of this team wrong; it should read "Adidas".

Adidas is the worst. If left to their own devices, it seems as if they always push their own branding and templates over the branding interests of their clients.

The NBA clearly stipulated that Adidas couldn't touch the on-court unis -- but it's also clear that they gave Adidas carte blanche to festoon every other inch of league-related fabric with Adidas-specific branding. Warm-up gear, All-Star game unis...heck, the *entire* WNBA is wearing a three-stripe template. Sure, Nike introduced new design elements when they took over the NFL contract (e.g., thick collars, etc.) -- but they're only Nike-specific elements to uniform wonks like us. It's not like they slapped a pattern of swooshes going down the pant leg of every uniform.

I hope Adidas is paying the NBA and these national FIBA teams a hefty premium for the right to do crap that the other apparel manufactures wouldn't do. Because there's no way a team or league should take the same money from Adidas that they could get from Nike/UA/etc. -- for the "privilege" of ceding the majority of their visual identity to service their vendor's brand.

Archived