2014 NFL Season Thread

I can't multi quote on my cell, but you both are right. It's been an amazing season, but I can't just be content with anything less than 2nd round of the playoffs. This team is full of guys that have been around too long to think they have done anything by goin 12-4.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bills have beaten the Patriots and secure their first winning season in over a decade.

I'm glad, because I don't think the Bills would have made the playoffs even if they beat the Raiders last week. A whole offseason with a loss to a 2-12 team being the only thing keeping you from ending your 15 year playoff drought would have been ugly.

This league is terrible. The Patriots losing to the Bills. The Seahawks are losing to the Rams and are in danger of getting swept by St Louis. The Cardinals despite having an Arena Football League QB, may grab the 1 seed. To make matters worse, the Packers could possibly be without Rodgers.

Joe Philbin ensures Dolphins mediocrity forever I hate this regime, They need a new owner who cares about football and not about celebrities. An owner who wants his team to win and not his Alma Matter who he refuses to get Jim Harbiuagh out of fear he wont go to Ann Arbour

You think Harbaugh would go to Miami under any condition? Foolish man.

There are two, and only two, NFL destinations I can see Harbaugh decamping to: Oakland, or Chicago. And under the right circumstances, either could be preferable to Michigan. But Miami? Not a chance.

The game didn't mean a whole lot, but how bout them Cowboys!!! Nothing like a good old fashioned beat down of the Redskins on a Sunday morning.

I liked the idea of starting everyone this week. They are on a roll, so let these men go out and do what they do best. If we lose next week it won't be because Garrett didn't sit the starters.

This season has been unbelievable. 12-4 record, undefeated on the road and in December no less. For the first time in my life, I feel like this Cowboys team could be special. Maybe even Super.

Y'know, I really enjoy seasons like this. Seasons where the Cowboy fans crawl out from under their rocks, beat their chests at their team's regular season performance, and then have their hearts ripped from them in the playoffs as their heroes are exposed as not being quite all they've been hyped up to be. I'm looking forward to that in a few weeks.

nav-logo.png

I just realized how dull, unbearable and hated the AFC side of the bracket will be, no matter the seeding order. I can't think of a more mixture of loathed teams within a single playoff side. The Patriots, Broncos, Colts, Ravens, Bengals and Steelers playing for one of the Super Bowl entries are sure to turn people off rooting for them.

At least in the NFC, there's relatively-fresh flavor from the Cardinals, Cowboys, Lions and Seahawks. The AFC is full of the virtually same-old teams/players continuing their dominance of the league since the turn of the millennium.

Barf.

Joe Philbin ensures Dolphins mediocrity forever I hate this regime, They need a new owner who cares about football and not about celebrities. An owner who wants his team to win and not his Alma Matter who he refuses to get Jim Harbiuagh out of fear he wont go to Ann Arbour

You think Harbaugh would go to Miami under any condition? Foolish man.

There are two, and only two, NFL destinations I can see Harbaugh decamping to: Oakland, or Chicago. And under the right circumstances, either could be preferable to Michigan. But Miami? Not a chance.

The game didn't mean a whole lot, but how bout them Cowboys!!! Nothing like a good old fashioned beat down of the Redskins on a Sunday morning.

I liked the idea of starting everyone this week. They are on a roll, so let these men go out and do what they do best. If we lose next week it won't be because Garrett didn't sit the starters.

This season has been unbelievable. 12-4 record, undefeated on the road and in December no less. For the first time in my life, I feel like this Cowboys team could be special. Maybe even Super.

Y'know, I really enjoy seasons like this. Seasons where the Cowboy fans crawl out from under their rocks, beat their chests at their team's regular season performance, and then have their hearts ripped from them in the playoffs as their heroes are exposed as not being quite all they've been hyped up to be. I'm looking forward to that in a few weeks.

Whatever dude. Me and most of the other Cowboy fans on this site have been here and never wavering with our fandom for at least 4 years now. We probably won't win a Super Bowl this year because our defense isn't that good, but we'll sure as hell be a tough out.

Also, who's beating their chest? No one, including Cowboys fans, thought that we'd be decent. Everybody and their mothers were predicting doom and gloom for the 2014 Cowboys so excuse us if we're happy about the surprising success of this team.

And as I alluded to, this team wasn't hyped up to be anything other than terrible.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

6-0 Rams, 17-13 Cardinals are the halftime scores. If this holds, then AZ has the 1 seed, despite getting embarrassed by the Hawks last week.

You forgot a game. You also need Detroit to win. If Seattle loses and the Packers beat the Lions, the Packers take the #1 seed.

EDIT - and Seattle just took the lead.

BB52Big.jpg

Whatever dude. Me and most of the other Cowboy fans on this site have been here and never wavering with our fandom for at least 4 years now. We probably won't win a Super Bowl this year because our defense isn't that good, but we'll sure as hell be a tough out.

Also, who's beating their chest? No one, including Cowboys fans, thought that we'd be decent. Everybody and their mothers were predicting doom and gloom for the 2014 Cowboys so excuse us if we're happy about the surprising success of this team.

And as I alluded to, this team wasn't hyped up to be anything other than terrible.

I can't believe I'm about to defend OneDirectionMatt... Say what you want about our resident rock star/race car driver/neurosurgeon/pizza maker, but he is not a Cowboys frontrunner or bandwagon or whatever you want to call it type of fan. I'll give OsmondMatt credit, he's always been loyal to his Cowboys.

FWIW, NewKidMatt, I think your Cowboys are a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

BB52Big.jpg

Wow, wow, wow. I'm so proud of the Panthers and the way they have bounced back. This may turn out to be one of my favorite seasons as a fan. Now I'm mad they didn't shut the Dirty Birds out.

IceCap, I really wanted the Chargers to win. I even made this roundel:

PanCharAlli.png

Oh yeah, Headley, remember what I said about fame fleeting after the first game?

Oh yeah, #KeepPounding.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

At 3-8-1 four weeks ago this Panthers team would have been eliminated from pretty much literally any other division in NFL history, instead a four game winning streak has them going into the playoffs as a hot, hot team.

What a surreal, yet awesome, feeling.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived