2014 NFL Season Thread

I was looking at the schedule and I noticed that San Diego and Arizona play each other both tonight and next week. I know one is just preseason, but have two teams ever played each other in back-to-back weeks?

Cowboys-Eagles in 2009.

Week 17, Cowboys beat the Eagles 24-0 to win the division in Arlington.

Six days later, Cowboys beat the Eagles 34-14 in the Wild-Card playoff game.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was looking at the schedule and I noticed that San Diego and Arizona play each other both tonight and next week. I know one is just preseason, but have two teams ever played each other in back-to-back weeks?

Don't quote me on this, but I think Green Bay and Arizona played once in Week 17, and again in a Wild card shootout that (I think) Green Bay won. I don't remember the year though.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

In an interview with CSN Washington, Redskins owner Dan Snyder revealed that the he is beginning the process of designing a new stadium for the Redskins...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000384528/article/dan-snyder-started-the-process-in-planning-new-stadium

I see a few possible temporary locations for the Redskins while the new home is being built:

1.RFK Stadium (previous home before FedEx Field)

2.M&T Bank Stadium (share it with Ravens)

3. Byrd Stadium (University of Maryland (Capacity:51,802))

EDIT: Those temporary homes would be if FedEx Field gets torn down

Note that RFK Stadium and the DC Armory sit on federal land.

Arizona and Green Bay played back to back in 2009, both in Arizona. Week 17 was a Packers 33-7 win. Wild Card was that crazy 51-45 OT win for Arizona.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Wow second offense gone for life a little heavy handed, but I think now that he has set a six game suspension for the first time it will send a message.

Not really. If you beat a woman you're pretty much an irredeemable piece of trash. I have no issue keeping those people out of the league.

If you really wanted ambient targets towards players who're domestic abusers, the NFL should have handed season-long bans the 1st time and career-long bans the 2nd time. But I don't know how the player's union would have handled this, as also how they handled the actual penalties.

In an interview with CSN Washington, Redskins owner Dan Snyder revealed that the he is beginning the process of designing a new stadium for the Redskins...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000384528/article/dan-snyder-started-the-process-in-planning-new-stadium

I see a few possible temporary locations for the Redskins while the new home is being built:

Yup. Same problem as what kicked off this current brouhaha. If Snyder wants to have the Federal Government as a landlord, the name is going to have to change.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

NFL announces new penalties for domestic violence:

1st offense: 6 Game Suspension

2nd offense: Lifetime Ban

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=11425377

That's pretty wild. Obviously, the Ray Rice thing scared the NFL $#@%less. I had a hard time believing it was real, even after seeing that the article was hosted on espn.com.

It wasn't the situation that scared the NFL, it was the backlash for what they did AFTER. Having the fiancee/wife in the SAME room with him, the commish, and Ravens personnel, asking for leniency was a major wrong, as was the 2 game suspension. On Twitter, on Facebook, and television and radio, Goodell et al were blasted for the bogus way they handled it. I can't imagine what the league and Gooddel received personally from sponsors.

Once the suspension was announced, the immediate reaction was heavy that the NFL got it wrong. This new policy going forward had to come from Gooddel and others being read the riot act by those who have been victims of domestic violence and those that help victims.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

And that right there might be the ultimate endgame for Snyder: the theory going around right now that it's not likely that a city would accept the new stadium or offer up more public money for the Redskins unless they change their name, especially since the city council has been adamantly against the name. Lo and behold, Snyder makes a "compromise" where he'll change the name if a location offers up the right amount of money, someone will bite, and then he'll change the name AND have a sparkly new stadium to show for his humble gesture of tolerance.

If there's one thing Snyder understands, it's money and it'll likely take money to make him change his tune about the name.

GR30a5H.png

I would bet on Byrd Stadium though it's not an amazing stadium by any means. College Park is a figurative stone's throw from Landover. I don't see them going to Baltimore, and RFK would be the last option. Maybe Snyder will seek some arrangement with Nats Park for football configuration (though probably unlikely.)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

NFL announces new penalties for domestic violence:

1st offense: 6 Game Suspension

2nd offense: Lifetime Ban

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=11425377

That's pretty wild. Obviously, the Ray Rice thing scared the NFL $#@%less. I had a hard time believing it was real, even after seeing that the article was hosted on espn.com.

It wasn't the situation that scared the NFL, it was the backlash for what they did AFTER. Having the fiancee/wife in the SAME room with him, the commish, and Ravens personnel, asking for leniency was a major wrong, as was the 2 game suspension. On Twitter, on Facebook, and television and radio, Goodell et al were blasted for the bogus way they handled it. I can't imagine what the league and Gooddel received personally from sponsors.

Once the suspension was announced, the immediate reaction was heavy that the NFL got it wrong. This new policy going forward had to come from Gooddel and others being read the riot act by those who have been victims of domestic violence and those that help victims.

I thought we were all working under that assumption already! The NFL really doesn't give a rat's ass what its players do because they're concerned about anyone's welfare... they just care about how it might get back to them.

Do you guys ever discuss football in this thread or mist the negative image/pr of the league?

Bills signed Kyle Orton. Solid move.

Not all of us cheer for a team whose players get shot so often it ceases to bear notice.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Do you guys ever discuss football in this thread or mist the negative image/pr of the league?

Bills signed Kyle Orton. Solid move.

What's there to talk about right now besides that? The season hasn't started yet and there's a separate thread for predictions.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived