2014 NFL Season Thread

Just gonna say this- anyone picking the Rams as the playoff breakthrough new team of this year, you're gonna regret it.

They live and die by the sack- terrible secondary, sporadic offense, terrible passing game.

And Jeff Fisher is the most overrated coach of the last 20 years- 1 SB run, countless playoff chokes, inconsistent offense

Didn't realize Vince Young was on these boards!! (And he's a Sabres fan..??)

Pretty sure people were saying the same thing about Andy Reid a couple of years ago.

But I'm sure you're way smarter than those people. Please, continue, VY...

Since the Super Bowl in 2001, Fisher has made five playoff appearances with a 2-5 record, including two one-and-dones as the #1 seed.

In that same time period, Reid has made nine playoff appearances with the Eagles, including five NFC championship appearances, and an appearance with the Chiefs and with a 10-10 record.

Statistics are a lovely thing.

Do your statistics tell you the Titans played in the Super Bowl in 2000 or 2001? They played the Rams in the SB after the 1999 season, right? :)

Mea culpa haha; yes, the Super Bowl they were in was in 2000. But it still shows that in the span since that Super Bowl, all he has to show for it is a 2-5 record while Reid at least has a 10-10 record. That's nearly three times as many playoff games. He's literally won three more games than the amount of games Fisher has BEEN IN.

Fisher's a fine enough coach but that's all you're going to get: fine enough. Fine enough in the regular season but hardly ever fine enough in the playoffs. And there's a solid decade worth of seasons to show that.

And after the Triumph of Death, I'm fine with that for a few more years at least. Hell, fanbases STILL flip out when they lose to the Rams, and this happens more than ever. It's a thing of beauty for me.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas's training staff has informed second-year LB Devonte Holloman that he should retire from football what with complications from his neck injury he suffered last season. He suffered a minor neck injury in the Cowboys' pre-season loss to Baltimore.

The LB core has now lost two players and adding psuedo-LB Demarcus Lawrence; that makes 3 injuries suffered in the pre-season/OTA/Training Camps.

This defense just cannot catch a break.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Bears getting absolutely destroyed by the Seahawks tonight. A nightmare evening for the starters. Not a good result to a test against a legitimate playoff squad.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

And Jeff Fisher is the most overrated coach of the last 20 years- 1 SB run, countless playoff chokes, inconsistent offense

Can't be more overrated than Marty Schottenheimer. Great regular season coach, 5-13 career postseason record and never even sniffed a Super Bowl. Somehow, there are still mouthbreathers in the Chargers fanbase who whine for Marty to come back every time they lose a game, though.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

NFL 2014: "There's a flag on the play."

Soccer is no threat to the NFL, but a lot of people watched the World Cup and saw how fluid other sports can be. The new penalty-happy NFL is brutal to watch. The incidental contact calls away from the play need to stop immediately.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Supposedly the refs are making all these calls just to show their points of emphasis this season, and it won't be like this in the regular season.

1) I hope so.

2) what purpose does that serve? "Hey, this is what we won't tolerate this year, except when we will tolerate it."

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

NFL 2014: "There's a flag on the play."

Soccer is no threat to the NFL, but a lot of people watched the World Cup and saw how fluid other sports can be. The new penalty-happy NFL is brutal to watch. The incidental contact calls away from the play need to stop immediately.

Actually I'm probably going to watch the Premier League a lot more often than the NFL in 2014-15. I'm just loosing interest in NFL slowly but surely.

Supposedly the refs are making all these calls just to show their points of emphasis this season, and it won't be like this in the regular season.

That's not what the VP of officiating said:

Illegal contact penalties are way up this preseason, the result of the league office telling officials to monitor defensive backs closely and throw flags with impunity. That will continue in the regular season.

"We're not going to change how we're calling the games once the regular-season starts," NFL V.P. of officiating Dean Blandino told The MMQB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/18/nfl-says-strict-illegal-contact-calls-will-continue/

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Per ESPN Sam Bradford is out for the season with a torn ACL on his left knee.

What was thought to be a promising NFL career has become nothing but injury riddled... I think it's time the Rams move on from Bradford... They need to look at Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Brett Hundley, or Bryce Petty in next year's draft.

Wow, we went from "he's walking fine in the locker room" to "he's out for the season" in a matter of hours. :censored: Jake Long, he got his QB killed in consecutive seasons.

Ehh :censored: it we weren't going to win the division anyway.

If you need me I'll be getting drunk.

EDIT: Oh, and taking an axe to rural Missouri hilljack shaman.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

What was thought to be a promising NFL career has become nothing but injury riddled... I think it's time the Rams move on from Bradford... They need to look at Marcus Mariota, Jameis Winston, Brett Hundley, or Bryce Petty in next year's draft.

As a Rams fan I am starting to agree with all the Bradford haters out there, but slowly. However, that being said, if the Rams would of had anything to resemble an O-line the past few years...

Personally if they pick a QB in the first round in the next draft I will be pissed. Seems like the way the NFL has been going in recent years you don't need a high profile 1st round QB.

Wow, we went from "he's walking fine in the locker room" to "he's out for the season" in a matter of hours. :censored: Jake Long, he got his QB killed in consecutive seasons.

Who knows. Could be the next Trent Green/Kurt Warner situation in the making :)

One can hope :(

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

As a Rams fan I am starting to agree with all the Bradford haters out there, but slowly. However, that being said, if the Rams would of had anything to resemble an O-line the past few years...

Personally if they pick a QB in the first round in the next draft I will be pissed. Seems like the way the NFL has been going in recent years you don't need a high profile 1st round QB.

Who knows. Could be the next Trent Green/Kurt Warner situation in the making :)

One can hope :(

I said the exact same thing. Really, I think that Austin Davis could give Shaun Hill a run for his money for the starting gig. Davis looked really sharp last night. In fact, so did Hill.

Archived