2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watching the Vikings-Cardinals game, Teddy did an outstanding job leading the Vikes in the 4th Quarter for the win. He is showing traces of his comebacks against Rutgers and Cincinnati (x2) with 2 big TD's. He looked poised in pocket and threw the ball very accurately even on the run. Teddy is just a special talent and I won't be too surprised if he started week 1 if keeps playing like last night (Probably won't though).

453716384-teddy-bridgewater-of-the-minne

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Oh, Johnny.

BvXhQ7lCIAAwF28.jpg

What the hell was he thinking there? That cameras weren't going to pick that up? I actually was hoping the guy would do well but now I couldn't care less. He was undoubtedly hearing some smack talk that may have warranted a middle finger, but you gotta keep your cool.

Darnell Dockett is out for the year for the Cards. Now their D is down 3 elite players from last year(him, Dansby, and Washington). I don't think 10 wins is attainable this year for them.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Just gonna say this- anyone picking the Rams as the playoff breakthrough new team of this year, you're gonna regret it.

They live and die by the sack- terrible secondary, sporadic offense, terrible passing game.

And Jeff Fisher is the most overrated coach of the last 20 years- 1 SB run, countless playoff chokes, inconsistent offense

Cowboys-Redskins

Cowboys-Eagles

Cowboys-Giants

all bigger rivalries than those same match ups with the Panthers instead. Plus the league is always guaranteed bigger ratings for those 6 games.

Also, these teams only play once a week so geographical proximity isn't as important as it is in baseball or hockey.

If I was rearranging the AFC back in 2002 I'd put Baltimore in the east, Miami in the South, and Indianapolis in the North. Indianapolis is three hours from Cincinnati. That has untapped rivalry potential. But I suppose maintaining the Miami-New York, Buffalo, New England rivalry is the same argument for the Cowboys being in the nfc east.

Say what? it's like an hour an a half at THE most. Now Indy to Chicago and you're about 3 hours...

Just gonna say this- anyone picking the Rams as the playoff breakthrough new team of this year, you're gonna regret it.

They live and die by the sack- terrible secondary, sporadic offense, terrible passing game.

And Jeff Fisher is the most overrated coach of the last 20 years- 1 SB run, countless playoff chokes, inconsistent offense

What the frack did they ever do to you and why are you AWOL from the French Foreign Legion?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Didn't realize Vince Young was on these boards!! (And he's a Sabres fan..??)

Pretty sure people were saying the same thing about Andy Reid a couple of years ago.

But I'm sure you're way smarter than those people. Please, continue, VY...

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Pretty sure people were saying the same thing about Andy Reid a couple of years ago.

Since the Super Bowl in 2001, Fisher has made five playoff appearances with a 2-5 record, including two one-and-dones as the #1 seed.

In that same time period, Reid has made nine playoff appearances with the Eagles, including five NFC championship appearances, and an appearance with the Chiefs and with a 10-10 record.

Statistics are a lovely thing.

GR30a5H.png

yes I'm a Rams fan so I'm biased, but I don't understand how you can say this.

yes we live by the sack, because we have the best D-Line in the league. The secondary isn't good, but we improved it in the offseason and it will be better. The passing game is not terrible at all, Sam was having a great year before he went down. He had 4 touchdowns dropped, and 1 called back. If you add those 5 touchdowns, his stats over those 7 games would've averaged out to 4123 yds, 43 TDs, 65% completion, 9 int, 99.2 rating

Since the Super Bowl in 2001, Fisher has made five playoff appearances with a 2-5 record, including two one-and-dones as the #1 seed.

In that same time period, Reid has made nine playoff appearances with the Eagles, including five NFC championship appearances, and an appearance with the Chiefs and with a 10-10 record.

Do your statistics tell you the Titans played in the Super Bowl in 2000 or 2001? They played the Rams in the SB after the 1999 season, right? :)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Do your statistics tell you the Titans played in the Super Bowl in 2000 or 2001? They played the Rams in the SB after the 1999 season, right? :)

Mea culpa haha; yes, the Super Bowl they were in was in 2000. But it still shows that in the span since that Super Bowl, all he has to show for it is a 2-5 record while Reid at least has a 10-10 record. That's nearly three times as many playoff games. He's literally won three more games than the amount of games Fisher has BEEN IN.

Fisher's a fine enough coach but that's all you're going to get: fine enough. Fine enough in the regular season but hardly ever fine enough in the playoffs. And there's a solid decade worth of seasons to show that.

GR30a5H.png

Archived