2014 NFL Season Thread

As much as I don't want to say it because of last year, and well, every other year for the past 60 the Lions have failed to finish the season strong, but at 6-2, the schedule looks decent. I'll be conservative and give the Bears the win at Soldier Field. That puts the Leos at 10-6.

Week 10 Miami W

Week 11 @ Arizona L

Week 12 @ New England L

Week 13 vs Chicago W

Week 14 vs Tampa Bay W

Week 15 vs Minnesota W

Week 16 @ Chicago L

Week 17 @ Green Bay L

Unfortunately, the Packers have only one likely loss on their remaining schedule, which is the Pats. The next toughest opponents are Philly and Detroit both at home. Whether they lose to one of those two, or if they slip up and lose one to a playoff hopeful such as Buffalo, I say they lose a total of 2 more, which puts them at 11-5 with the division title.

sig.png

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see the Redskins winning next week against Minnesota and the following game after the bye week against the Buccaneers. That's a 5-5 record. Then, it's not pretty...

Week 12 @ 49ers

Week 13 @ Colts

Week 14 vs Rams

Week 15 @ Giants

Week 16 vs Eagles

Week 17 vs Cowboys

Week 12: All I can hope is that the 49ers choke. 49ers win (probably)

Week 13: That can turn ugly and fast. Colts win.

Week 14: It'll be a close game that I think the Redskins will win

Week 15: One can hope it's not a mirror image of the disaster earlier this season. Redskins win.

Week 16: This will be another close game I think. Maybe not a win though. A Philly sweep

Week 17: Home against the Cowboys. Nothing better than that. It's a win.

Overall record by season's end: 8-8

So considering I'm also a fan of the Washington football team... I really want to know what you are seeing in this team that I'm not.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I can see the Redskins winning next week against Minnesota and the following game after the bye week against the Buccaneers. That's a 5-5 record. Then, it's not pretty...

Week 12 @ 49ers

Week 13 @ Colts

Week 14 vs Rams

Week 15 @ Giants

Week 16 vs Eagles

Week 17 vs Cowboys

Week 12: All I can hope is that the 49ers choke. 49ers win (probably)

Week 13: That can turn ugly and fast. Colts win.

Week 14: It'll be a close game that I think the Redskins will win

Week 15: One can hope it's not a mirror image of the disaster earlier this season. Redskins win.

Week 16: This will be another close game I think. Maybe not a win though. A Philly sweep

Week 17: Home against the Cowboys. Nothing better than that. It's a win.

Overall record by season's end: 8-8

So considering I'm also a fan of the Washington football team... I really want to know what you are seeing in this team that I'm not.
okay I'll admit... I was a little kind for the Redskins. Realistically they'll probably finish 6-10.

Anyway on a side note... Tonight, I met Ravens kicker Justin Tucker:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DCarp1231/status/527245976361529347

The Rams offensive line was decimated by injuries on Sunday, so of course they trade two draft picks for a :censored: ing Safety.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is it too hard to ask for consistency from Dallas? GD I'm sick of the same ways to lose football games. STOP ABANDONING THE RUN WHEN IT'S SUCCESSFUL.

I would've kept Weeden in and just fed the ball top Murray and the other RBs, Washington just couldn't stop them all too well; but NO. Same old idiocy, different day.

I hope last night was a friendly reminder for the Cowboys. When they throw more than they run, they lose. When they run more than they throw, they're 6-0. It's a simple formula that the Cowboys need to stick to.

It's not like we were struggling to run. 7.4 YPC from Murray last night.

The Cowboys better fix their issues when handling the blitz. The Cardinals do what the Redskins do, only much, much better.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Is it too hard to ask for consistency from Dallas? GD I'm sick of the same ways to lose football games. STOP ABANDONING THE RUN WHEN IT'S SUCCESSFUL.

I would've kept Weeden in and just fed the ball top Murray and the other RBs, Washington just couldn't stop them all too well; but NO. Same old idiocy, different day.

I hope last night was a friendly reminder for the Cowboys. When they throw more than they run, they lose. When they run more than they throw, they're 6-0. It's a simple formula that the Cowboys need to stick to.

The Cowboys better fix their issues when handling the blitz. The Cardinals do what the Redskins do, only much, much better.

Which brings me to a question that I always seem to think about...why do coaches get away from the run when it is usually a recipe for a win?

Which brings me to a question that I always seem to think about...why do coaches get away from the run when it is usually a recipe for a win?

I wish I knew. It just doesn't make sense.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

The Rams offensive line was decimated by injuries on Sunday, so of course they trade two draft picks for a :censored: ing Safety.

I've merely become a costumed to this sort of move by the Rams.

Just in time for Halloween.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Watching the ESPN 30 for 30 "Brian and the Boz" makes me wonder what Brian Bosworth would be like if he were playing today...

One thing is for sure... ESPN would most definitely be up his ass 24/7

I've said this before in this thread, but the closest thing to the Boz in present day NFL is Johnny Manziel. Loud mouth, cocky, tons of hype for off-field reasons, good in college, but I don't think his game will translate to the pros. That remains to be seen, but I don't believe Manziel will be a good NFL quarterback.

And you're right, ESPN would be up his ass 24/7.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I wish I knew. It just doesn't make sense.
It really doesn't, but I do know that Jason Garrett and company have mastered this stupid art.

It really doesn't, but I do know that Jason Garrett and company have mastered this stupid art.

Amen to that. The losses to Detroit and Green Bay last year should've NEVER happened. But they did because Garrett and Callahan decided to drink stupid water and leave their already beleaguered defense high and dry.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived