2014 NFL Season Thread

See red, you do realize the last 3 NFL seasons have been set up so Peyton and Co. Could win the SB. Hearing a Bronco fan complain about officiating is so funny I can't even handle it. I can't wait to kick your overrated asses in KC in late November.

Chiefs win again, now 5-3 with wins against, Miami, New England, San Diego, and St.L that's a pretty decent resume.

I guess that you didn't watch the Denver-Baltimore playoff game two years ago. There were several terrible calls. It seemed like they were trying to get Ray Lewis a Super Bowl. If the league was trying to get Denver in the SB, then why the poor officiating in that game?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That game came down to an unbelievable fluke play, I don't think a fluke play, fox's "play not to lose" style, and Peyton choking in the playoffs was the refs fault. Even if you disagree with that you have to admit every NFL rule change this offseason was to stop teams from playing the broncos like the Seahawks D did. I don't care that the NFL wants PM to win another SB, but it pisses me off when Bronco fans can't acknowledge that they have benefitted from officials more than any other team.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

See red, you do realize the last 3 NFL seasons have been set up so Peyton and Co. Could win the SB. Hearing a Bronco fan complain about officiating is so funny I can't even handle it. I can't wait to kick your overrated asses in KC in late November.

Chiefs win again, now 5-3 with wins against, Miami, New England, San Diego, and St.L that's a pretty decent resume.

I guess that you didn't watch the Denver-Baltimore playoff game two years ago. There were several terrible calls. It seemed like they were trying to get Ray Lewis a Super Bowl. If the league was trying to get Denver in the SB, then why the poor officiating in that game?

Did the refs throw that pick in OT?

Meanwhile, every time Peyton has a really bad chokejob in the playoffs, suddenly there are new anti-defense "points of emphasis" that the refs have to go by the following season. If there's anyone the NFL is trying to give a Super Bowl to, it's him.

Oh, and if you want to see poor officiating - watch the Broncos/Chargers game last week. Several laughable calls, all benefitting Denver.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

For a team that has not won a SB in 10 years, New England gets so much benefit of the doubt it's not even funny.

At what point do we stop falling back on those titles? 10 freaking years ago.

Since 2007, Tom Brady has become what Pats fans say he's not. He's become Peyton- same gaudy stats, same playoff chokes.

Unfortunately, the Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers are all good. For most NFL fans, that is pretty annoying.

Cowboys will implode eventually (waiting for all Cowboys fans to disagree)

I agree with you. Romo will be out another week or so and they still play the Eagles twice. They also have to prove that they can win in November and December. But for now, they have a good record. That's why I included them.

The Eagles are significantly weaker on defense now, and while they will FINALLY get Evan Mathis back next week, they lose Herramans which is big, and who knows what Mark Sanchez can do. They are a very soft 6-2 right now. Unless McCoy, sprowles, and Polk just run like crazy (which won't be possible unless Sanchez proves to be a threat), they could start dropping games in bunches.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unfortunately, the Cowboys, Patriots, and Steelers are all good. For most NFL fans, that is pretty annoying.

Steelers have been meh last few years. Cowboys are usually mediocre save for 2007 and 2009.

Pstriots? They just don't go away. Ever.

So pretty much the Cowboys & Eagles can stumble bumble around and one of them will back into the NFC East Title unless the Giants somehow get hot.

But, Philly and Dallas taking Game #2 from the G-Men would probably eliminate the Giants, since Dallas and Philly would have a 2 game lead on them (assuming they all finish with relatively close records).

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Eagles win the East at 10-6. I got the Cowboys finishing 9-7, losing the 2nd wildcard to the Seahawks, who finish 10-6.

I think the Seahawks split a game each with San Francisco and Arizona, but win out the rest of the way, going 11-5.

I think whoever loses the North (Green Bay or Detroit) ends up with the second wild card (Seattle ends up second in the west to the Cardinals, who can't seem to lose).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived