2015-16 NHL Uniform and Logo Changes

BigBubba

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy, that shark is sure going to have back problems if it bends like that. :P

All joking aside, that isn't really a bad anniversary patch.

Some updates were posted in the CCM catalog. No images yet but the following 3rd jersey colors are now shown-

Duck- Orange

Flyers- Orange

Avs- Navy Blue

Islanders- Black

Penguins- Black

Lightning- Black

The only one that surprises me is the Avs. I guess its possible it could end up being their version of Blue but the code listed in the catalog is the exact shade of Blue used by Columbus, Buffalo and Winnipeg

The San Jose Sharks will unveil a "heritage sweater" later this summer. Maybe it will be of their original 1991 design?

After reading that press release it sounds like it will be a new design, most likely influenced by the original teal. According to the designer, “the Heritage Jersey represents the present of the Sharks franchise while paying stark homage to its past”. Seems like they're hinting towards a fauxback.

Some updates were posted in the CCM catalog. No images yet but the following 3rd jersey colors are now shown-

Duck- Orange

Flyers- Orange

Avs- Navy Blue

Islanders- Black

Penguins- Black

Lightning- Black

The only one that surprises me is the Avs. I guess its possible it could end up being their version of Blue but the code listed in the catalog is the exact shade of Blue used by Columbus, Buffalo and Winnipeg

It's probably going to be an exact copy of the old Colorado Rockies sweater...

It's the only reason I can think of as to why they added the "C" shoulder patch.

Duck- Orange

Flyers- Orange

Avs- Navy Blue

Islanders- Black

Penguins- Black

Lightning- Black

It's the only reason I can think of as to why they added the "C" shoulder patch.

I called that yesterday!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Duck- Orange

Flyers- Orange

Avs- Navy Blue

Islanders- Black

Penguins- Black

Lightning- Black

I called that yesterday!

You did!

I just hope its looks decent and maybe has a shot at getting promoted to full time status.

Totally forgot they did this at the Edge unveil:

17.avs.jpg

17.avs.jpg

Dark day in Avalanche History. I remember this was the unveiling that made me completely give up on the Edge "Uniform System." Shame because Boston started it off so promising...

A Sharks fauxback could be interesting but given the teams recent track record, I'm not getting my hopes up.

Wait... Navy Blue?? That makes even less sense than the new shoulder patches. Neither the Avalanche nor The Rockies have used that colour in their history.

I still maintain that StPatty33 has the best concept in the history of the CCSLC boards:

IceC.jpg

Cbroidered.png

CPpatch3.jpg

The Avs need to pay Steve a large some of money and then never change.

It's wonderful seeing that concept again. Ever since I first saw that, I've been hoping some Colorado team (the Avs or the Rockies) would adopt some sort of logo based of the C from the flag. I guess I got my wish, but that's pretty disappointing, especially compared to this. Also, seeing the posts of the old jerseys and current jerseys just makes me so sad. Why did they have to replace something so great with something so terrible! Maybe one day they'll get rid of the mess they have now.

Shot of the jersey from NHL shop where you can see the southwestern design on the hanger effect, and the captain C on the right shoulder.

AF7F5983-9D48-4806-B101-725C49503AA8_zps

Is it just me or did Arizona go all Tampa Bay Buccaneers jumbo-size helmet logo on their jerseys? That coyote looks HUGE!

Duck- Orange

Flyers- Orange

Avs- Navy Blue

Islanders- Black

Penguins- Black

Lightning- Black

So you mean that the Flyers, Pens and lightning wil have another 3rd jersey? Just one year after unveiling their new one ?

Duck- Orange

Flyers- Orange

Avs- Navy Blue

Islanders- Black

Penguins- Black

Lightning- Black

So you mean that the Flyers, Pens and lightning wil have another 3rd jersey? Just one year after unveiling their new one ?
Could simply mean that nothing is changing for them.

Pens, flyers, Tampa all have the same jersey colour now as was listed, so just means no change.

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

What is it with the Oilers and their penchant for fugly collars? All of their current set would look vastly better with any of the standard Reebok Edge collars. I understand the throwback aspect of this one, but it completely ruins what is otherwise a nice jersey.

Arizona's is just meh. Neither an improvement or vast downgrade, just more or less status quo. I can see a lot of CHL teams being forced to use this template in the next few years. I do like the new paw patch though.

The Sharks jersey looks much better with the 25th patch than with the numbers up there. Now if they'd only do something about getting rid of the remaining orange. This heritage throwback better be white, gray, teal and nothing else or they'll have proven to be completely inept.

The Habs drawstrings are neither here nor there. There's hardly a sweater they don't look good on, but they should have stirred the pot a bit more, for instance going to the white alternate with the blue chest stripe full time (the best jersey they've ever had). The thin hem stripes have always bothered me as well. Just get rid of them entirely or make them thicker.

The Aves' marketing team is completely out to lunch. They have what are universally considered the worst uniforms in the game, and all they do is get rid of the remaining redeeming piece on them (Yeti foot) and replace it with an unimaginative state C and a boring anniversary patch in a location that only draws more attention to the ugly, redundant piping.

The Habs drawstrings are neither here nor there. There's hardly a sweater they don't look good on, but they should have stirred the pot a bit more, for instance going to the white alternate with the blue chest stripe full time (the best jersey they've ever had). The thin hem stripes have always bothered me as well. Just get rid of them entirely or make them thicker.

They only wore it for 4 years in the Maurice Richard era. The traditional white sweater has been worn for nearly 75 years.

Not a snowball's chance they throw away one of most sacred uniforms in hockey. It would be the equivalent of the Yankees ditching their NY pinstripe jersey.

But they should be the Habs' alt. They're the third-best design Montreal has worn.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I still maintain that StPatty33 has the best concept in the history of the CCSLC boards:

Cbroidered.png

The Avs need to pay Steve a large some of money and then never change

This would make a fantastic shoulder patch... for an alternate uniform. I say that because as good as it is, it's not better than the "Foot" patch. I'm sure I sound like a broken record by now but I just cannot get over what a loss the Avs changes are for hockey related design. If there was ever a perfect example of how to do a secondary logo right, it was that logo.

Not a snowball's chance they throw away one of most sacred uniforms in hockey. It would be the equivalent of the Yankees ditching their NY pinstripe jersey.

Hardly - it's their red ones that are iconic. As we saw with the 100 anniversary throwbacks, they used to change things up all the time back in the day. Why are people so afraid of it now?

Hardly - it's their red ones that are iconic.

They had their fair share of success wearing white as well...

Richard1960StanelyCup.jpg1966-stanley-cup-champions-montreal-canamBxHMmsRa8KHkZD5WwrnKkw.jpgP.Roy_164.jpg

Hardly - it's their red ones that are iconic. As we saw with the 100 anniversary throwbacks, they used to change things up all the time back in the day. Why are people so afraid of it now?

They haven't changed the basic uniform design in sixty-eight years.

Not quite the same as them changing things every few years in the early days before their identity solidified.

Archived