JH360 has a NFL uniform question for you

ram29jackson

JH360 asked this in the Cleveland Browns thread, so I though why not put it here and see what you say.

Does no one here like the Seattle Seahawks uniform ?

just for my own curiosity,what are your/anyone's on here,top 5 NFL uniforms ?

I'll let you decide on past or present. Or you can make an all-time list and a modern-present list.

JH360 asked this in the Cleveland Browns thread, so I though why not put it here and see what you say.

I'll let you decide on past or present. Or you can make an all-time list and a modern-present list.

I prefer the previous Seattle uniform to the one they have now if that answers his question. As far as the current one, I do like how the neon green pops on the uniform and I love the monochrome, but the color navy is so overused in the NFL that they are just blah to me.

Top 5:

1) Green Bay Packers

2) Minnesota Vikings

3) Chicago Bears

4) Oakland Raiders

5) Houston Texans

spacer.png

neon green does not belong on a manly team uniform in the first place. That was done for many reasons.Nike is promoting its running gear when doing that and also just seeing what they can force down the publics throat since America is so lazy and free to truly protest anything.

That said, I don't mind the modern aspects of the helmet and jersey in general but lime green belongs in Wham and Boy George 80s videos and not on a football field

Seattle uniform is OK with just to many inconsistencies on pant striping ,wordmark in the stripe, helmet stripe, & color balance overall.

Top five unis of all time in the NFL

1. 90s-early 2000's Jaguars

2. Powder Blue Chargers

3. 80-90's Dolphins

4. Packers

5. Colts uniforms especially those without the grey mask

Top five unis currently

1. Packers

2. Colts

3. Texans

4. Bears

5. 49ers would move up if they made two changes (jersey stripes & facesmask color)

They are not a lot of great looks in the league right now...

Actually it seems like more than a few people on here like the Seahawks' uniforms. I'm not one of them, but my biggest issue is with their stubborn insistence on wearing their worst combination almost exclusively. (I also harbor a grudge against them as the first team decide high schools have it right, and pioneer the NFL monochrome look.)

If the Seahawks were to burn every pair of pants that aren't gray, I could see ranking their uniform somewhere in the middle of the pack. No where close to the Raiders, the Giants, etc, but clearly above the mid-2000's crew... Falcons, Bengals, Cardinals, and such. As is, with the monochrome only serving to make their other flaws more noticeable, the only two teams I can rate them above would be Tampa and Jacksonville, which are clearly the two worst uniforms in the NFL.

Honestly, I'm fine with the idea of the Seahawks uniforms. However, I think there are too many problems in it for me to "like."

1) Bears

2) Chiefs

3) Raiders

4) Colts

5) Packers

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

The thing I don't like about the Seahawks is the random wordmark on the grey part on the chest.

As for my top 5, it contains a bit of what most would consider unpopular opinions:

Saints all black (though I'm a bit biased)

Dolphins all white (say what you will, I love it)

Patriots throwback (get rid of the helmet rule and bring these back!)

Packers

Bills (just lose the wide bottom helmet stripe)

spacer.png

I like Seattle's uniform and will echo the anti-monochrome sentiment so many people share. However, they have grown on me.

My top 5:

1) Buffalo Bills (my favorite team finally got it right. bright and bold)

2) Chicago Bears (solid combo for road and home)

3) Oakland Raiders (perfection. K.I.S.S. tradition)

4) San Fran 49ers (love the khaki pants + cherry red jerseys)

5) Dallas Cowboys (love the mismatched blues + seafoam pants)

To answer the first question, I like the idea behind Seattle's uniform, but I really don't like the execution. Though sharing the same colors, the jerseys and pants have always seemed disconnected in design. The tribal-art stripe down the pants doesn't really seem to go with anything but the faint design on the helmet and numbers, and even then you're never going to catch that detail at a distance. It almost appears as if there were different directions they wanted to take the uniforms, but couldn't decide which, so they took the jersey from one concept and the pants from another. It just doesn't flow well as a whole to me.

And I also liked the slate blue a whole lot better. I know the consensus here seems to that it was too dreary a color, but I really don't think it was that dreary at all (then again, I'm the kinda guy that is a sucker for rainy days and darker, faded colors for some reason, so take that as you may). I thought the blue fit the northwest region and the Pacific Ocean ties extremely well.

Anyways, as far as the 2nd question, my top five would probably be (in no particular order):

- Colts

- Packers

- Chiefs

- Panthers

- Giants

The previous Bucs set used to always be in my top five, though. It's a shame that it was tragically set aflame and is no longer with us.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

It's baffling to me that so many like the Raiders uniforms. There's nothing there. It's just black and grey and numbers. Nothing there to dislike but what's there to like either? I guess there's just a lot of fans of the color black.

Raiders-

its because there is visible definition without bordering. Its more about the Silver than the black when looking at the uniform.

The Silver is important. Make it white and it becomes a drab high school uniform. The Raiders uni is like the Yankees uniform. Simple but classic

It's baffling to me that so many like the Raiders uniforms. There's nothing there. It's just black and grey and numbers. Nothing there to dislike but what's there to like either? I guess there's just a lot of fans of the color black.

Because it looks good. It's simple and it's perfect and it doesn't look dated at all. A plain jersey wouldn't work for everyone, but for them it does. Anything different and they don't look like the Raiders. I hope they never change.

To answer the first question, I like the idea behind Seattle's uniform, but I really don't like the execution. Though sharing the same colors, the jerseys and pants have always seemed disconnected in design. The tribal-art stripe down the pants doesn't really seem to go with anything but the faint design on the helmet and numbers, and even then you're never going to catch that detail at a distance. It almost appears as if there were different directions they wanted to take the uniforms, but couldn't decide which, so they took the jersey from one concept and the pants from another. It just doesn't flow well as a whole to me.

And I also liked the slate blue a whole lot better. I know the consensus here seems to that it was too dreary a color, but I really don't think it was that dreary at all (then again, I'm the kinda guy that is a sucker for rainy days and darker, faded colors for some reason, so take that as you may). I thought the blue fit the northwest region and the Pacific Ocean ties extremely well.

Anyways, as far as the 2nd question, my top five would probably be (in no particular order):

- Colts

- Packers

- Chiefs

- Panthers

- Giants

The previous Bucs set used to always be in my top five, though. It's a shame that it was tragically set aflame and is no longer with us.

I think the shoulder design arrangement on the Seahawks also mimics the leg pattern. At least that's how I read it.

Initially I didn't know what was going on with the Seahawks uniforms, but once seeing them on the field, I thought they looked great. I recall feeling the same about the Broncos in 97'.

My top 5.

1. Seahawks

2. Cowboys thanksgiving alternates

3. Dolphins white on white

4. Broncos blue monochrome

5. Chargers powder blues

* 6. Early era throwbacks, including the Steelers' bumble bee, the Broncos' mud circus, Eagles' ice cream and Packers' soda pop.

My bottom 5.

1. Chiefs

2. Panthers

3. Bucs

4. Bengals

5. Falcons

Archived