Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

I'm worried this mix and matching idea from the Hawks is going to open the dumb idea floodgates and now teams will start mix and matching tops and shorts that were never designed to be worn with each other. It happened in the NFL (though I can't remember who started it) and it's going to happen in the NBA.

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is no reason to think it will happen in the NBA.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 1 month later...

I'm worried this mix and matching idea from the Hawks is going to open the dumb idea floodgates and now teams will start mix and matching tops and shorts that were never designed to be worn with each other. It happened in the NFL (though I can't remember who started it) and it's going to happen in the NBA.

I believe the Eagles were the first to try the monochrome style which opened up the floodgates.

The red outlines make the "volt" look more like a golden yellow, which then makes the un-outlined "volt" read as green. It really clashes with the fact that the "volt" color doesn't appear anywhere on the court, and the white doesn't appear anywhere on the apron. It looks like they literally took the old court and applied the new apron without changing anything at all... which could very well be what they did.

The NBA season hasn't even started yet and these uniforms are already starting to grow on me.

I have to agree. They are quickly becoming one of my favorites. I like the neon-style color matched with darker colors. A very refreshing look for an otherwise very dull NBA when it comes to uniforms.

The red outlines make the "volt" look more like a golden yellow, which then makes the un-outlined "volt" read as green. It really clashes with the fact that the "volt" color doesn't appear anywhere on the court, and the white doesn't appear anywhere on the apron. It looks like they literally took the old court and applied the new apron without changing anything at all... which could very well be what they did.

Good critique. The volt def looks different when outlined differently.

I thought we heard that they were petitioning to do a black or non-natural court - maybe that's where they were headed and when that fell apart they just kept what they had.

It would look miles better if the volt was "true" volt (if there is such a thing) - more highlighter yellow than green.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Good critique. The volt def looks different when outlined differently.

I thought we heard that they were petitioning to do a black or non-natural court - maybe that's where they were headed and when that fell apart they just kept what they had.

It would look miles better if the volt was "true" volt (if there is such a thing) - more highlighter yellow than green.

The Hawks have been building recreational courts throughout the city this offseason. Many of them look like this. Wonder if it's what they wanted their normal court to look like?

11820550_521800271305094_1685512375_n.jp

Probably a long shot, but maybe.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

That's not even black; it's more of a slate. I don't think those courts were intended as a preview of what they wanted to do. It's mimicking blacktop color and it doesn't show dirt.

If the Hawks really were planning on doing a black court, it probably would have a sublimated blacktop pattern or their stupid Legend of Zelda thing they're now using on the uniforms.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived