Future of NFL "Color Rush"

kixbinder5

11 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Oh ok, so not all teams are wearing them this season then? Because I knew the Lions unveiled their set, but I was wondering when they'd wear it with no Thursday night games on the sked. 

That's correct - not all teams will be wearing theirs.  Washington's all-golds won't take the field this year, and we just saw the Browns wear their regular road jerseys and pants instead of the all-brown from the promo materials.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You won't see a few teams actual Color Rush looks this year. Teams that played on the road for their Thursday Night games like the Jets, Browns and Falcons wore all white instead of their actual "Color Rush" look because their home team opponent had a similar or non-contrast providing color. 

On 9/13/2016 at 7:55 PM, Mitch B said:

5FDC05DD-DE5B-45F6-994F-513E5EBB3E69_zps

I dislike watching the Saints.  The Superdome is dreary and the Saints black uniforms contribute to more dullness.  Seeing these color rush gems makes me think the Saints should go with a gold jersey over white pants at home and this monochrome look on the road.  I'd forgotten how good the right shade of gold looks paired with white.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

34 minutes ago, Mitch B said:

I dislike watching the Saints.  The Superdome is dreary and the Saints black uniforms contribute to more dullness.  Seeing these color rush gems makes me think the Saints should go with a gold jersey over white pants at home and this monochrome look on the road.  I'd forgotten how good the right shade of gold looks paired with white.

Agreed.

1. Color rush whites for the road

2. Gold jersey, white pants, gold socks at home.

Would be a great look.

23 hours ago, Mitch B said:

just give me a black jersey and gold pants in this template and I'm fine. Gold alt w white pants is fine too. Oh and please give us matching stripes on the socks. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Saints-Panthers is definitely up there for Color Rush matchup of the year. I'd still give the nod to Broncos-Chargers, but the Saints look stunning in their faux backs (and of course the Panthers' electric blue is still solid).

NSFCvyu.png

Archived